chapter 18
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Judy turned another corner only to meet another dead end with an inscription on the wall. She moved closer to read it and search for anything else that may give her a clue to the maze. The only thing it said is "Love is strongest in the dark"

"Fair lotta good that does me. It's already dark" She said turning again to keep trying to solve the maze. As she turned she forgot to watch her footing and found herself tripping over a piece of stone sticking up at an odd angle. She fell hard and landed on the vial she had picked up.

It shattered and covered her in the liquid. She instantly started trying to find the pieces to help whatever poor soul she was now covered in only to see nothing but floor. Her paws had transformed as well. Now they ended in claws instead of just the rabbit paws she had always had. She looked at them curiously and saw pads under her paws not unlike Nicks.

She stood up and looked around to see the maze had changed as well. It looked newer, and lit by torches. Almost like it was fresh built. She turned a corner and found herself in a large open room. It looked just like the one she had found the vial in. There was a mirror on the wall and she walked to it.

In the mirror she saw a beautiful fox. Pure white and sparkling red eyes. She had no idea how this happened, but she wasn't going to worry about it yet. She turned to keep searching the maze and saw movement. She couldn't hide so she stood and waited.

"Hello my dear" A large black husky with blue eyes said as he entered the room. "What are you doing down here instead of on your tower? I tried searching for you there only to be told you were searching the catacombs."

"I came to seek my love." Judy felt herself say with no conscious thought, "My father told me what you had done to him. I know his spirit is trapped here somewhere. What have you done with it?" She demanded.

"Well it seems I've been found out." He chuckled as he walked further into the room. "There are a few things your dear father forgot to mention it seems. You see I do have the boy's soul trapped within this very maze, but you would never be able to find him. For you see in order to find him you would both need to finish the maze. As all mammals who enter here must do. I am the only one who can travel freely through it." he said moving to block both exits.

"So if I complete the maze? I can find him?" She asked hopefully.

"I'll make you a deal my dear. I'll allow you and he to spend eternity together when you both escape." he said with a dark smile, "You won't ever escape though. You see in order to trap a soul, it must be ripped from the body and the body must be dead for that to happen. Your love is here, but in a vial just like this one," he said as he pulled a tall thin vial with a stopper from beneath his cloak, "And quite unable to move. Your father was the one who hired me to do this. He wanted to ensure you and he could never marry. When you asked too many questions and refused to marry any other mammal, your father decided you were useless. So now my dear you will need to join your lover." He said walking closer still.

"What do you think your doing?" She yelled backing away.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, but you will never leave this place" He said as his eyes began to glow brightly and he pulled a bright red dagger from beneath the cloak as well. "My deal with you still stands. If you are ever able to escape this place you may be with him forever in heaven, but should your vial break your spirit will inhabit whatever creature breaks it. The only way to be free from that curse if for the body's spirit and your own to work together and escape these tunnels. If your bonded at sunset, you will remain that way forever."

Suddenly he brought the dagger forward and stabbed her in the heart and began chanting as his eyes grew brighter still. She watched her body slump to the ground but somehow she was still impaled by the dagger and unable to move. As she watched the black devil moved the tip of the dagger to the vial and acted as though he were dropping something into it. As steel tapped glass she felt herself sucked into it and watched in horror as the stopper was put into the top. He placed the vial on the floor and made to leave.

"One more thing princess. Your father paid me for this, so if it brings you any comfort. He and this pathetic castle will end within a fortnight." He said as he left.

Judy awoke suddenly on the floor. She sat up and looked at her paws They were still white but she was standing where she tripped. What happened? she thought to herself What was that strange dream?

That was no dream my dear Miss Hopps a voice suddenly spoke in her head.

She clutched her head and painfully dug her claws into her head by accident.

Easy sweetheart I can feel those claws as well it would seem. It appears we share one body now. I'm not sure why your body took my form, but we are together now like it or not. I'm terribly sorry you got roped into my problems. But now we can communicate more and we can work together to get out of this place. The voice said.

Judy took several deep breaths with her eyes closed trying to get her bearings. after a few moments she opened her eyes and decided to speak to this person. "Are you the princess from the story?" she asked the voice.

Yes I am. I can see every aspect of your memories, The story you speak of is a little different than I remember as you saw from my own final memory, but I am the same princess. it said. It sounded slightly sad and slow. It appears many years have passed. I'm afraid after we escape I'll be truly dead. But at least I'll be free of this prison. Thank you so much for helping me Miss Hopps. she said.

"You know my name. What may I call you?" Judy asked sounding a little silly talking to a voice in her head.

You may call me whatever you like. My name was Judy Wilde. As it happens you seem to be a part of me. Our souls seem to be very similar. perhaps we are the same spirit but simply split by time. That is something Jake said could happen. He is the black devil in the memory. He was my father's paladin. He had become evil.

"How about we worry about who we are to each other after we get out of this place and find our loves." She said starting forward as a headache started to form. "If I know my fox he won't stop until he finds me."

She set forward with a new purpose and determination.

0