Chapter 1: Life of a hero
156 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A wave of fire appears and heads towards me. I raise my shield and use a suiting high level spell at the same time. Between the shield and the fire protection spell, the flames of hell don’t leave a single trace of damage. Without any time to rest, more attacks are launched.

 

All around me, countless monsters can be seen. Demons, zombies, necromancers and everything you could think of. The attacks are low class, so I don’t even bother to use a defensive measure and just focus on killing these evil creatures. Every time I swing my sword or chant a spell, thousands of monsters turn to ashes.

 

Of course, it's not the case that they are weak, but that I am too strong. After all, I am the chosen hero of the prophecies. The prophecies don’t mention me dying on a place like this, so certainly I must succeed in defending humanity once more. I mustn't be careless though, if any of them strong enough reach the Kingdom of Feldem, thousands of lives would be lost.

 

After hours of intense battles, there still doesn’t seem to be an end to them.

“How are the preparations going?” It might seem as if I am talking alone, because only monsters can be seen near me. However, I am using a magic device called phonium that allows me to speak to my distant partner.

 

“Only 5 minutes left! Please hold out a bit more.”

“Nao, you can do it!”

“You better don’t fail or I won’t kiss you anymore.”

“Heheheh, we will get a big reward this time so don’t you dare to fail.”

“You promised to take responsibility… you better keep it.”

 

Words of motivation reach my ears from many different girls, all part of my party. What a lovely harem. In 5 minutes my surroundings will be teleported to a safe zone where I can unleash my full power. A swing of my god class sword can even cut mountains, so it’s too dangerous to use within 100 kilometer radius of human settlements.

 

For some reason, the monsters stop attacking and start moving as if clearing a path. In that path, a single boy can be seen. Even from this distance, I can sense his overwhelming power. Only very high level demons can manage to keep an appearance of a human. The very thought of a demon wearing human skin is disgusting, I must quickly slay this abomination.

 

I jump forward with such force that small craters are left where I was standing and immediately appear in front of him. I swing my sword but he blocks it with his bare hands and, moving with an impressing speed, sends a punch to my stomach. I am sent flying with the great force of the impact and end up leaving a great hole when I am stopped by a small mountain.

 

As the dust in the air settles down, I can see that my god class armor was completely destroyed. This boy must be an evil god, those of which haven’t been seen in the last 800 years. Well, it’s not really a problem. After all, I just wear the armor for the looks, my body can’t be damaged by something of this level.

 

As the hero of the prophecies, I can’t be killed. At least until the great war mentioned in them. Still, fighting without armor or shield or sword would be rather uncool, so I always use them. This is the first time the armor has been destroyed though, this evil god is the most powerful being that I have ever fought against.

 

I quickly realize there is no way I can defeat him without unleashing my true power. There should be about 30 seconds left before the teleport. After that it should take 10 seconds to kill all of them. I hear a buzzing sound and shortly notice a mosquito on my arm.

1