Monochrome
153 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What is our meaning in life? No man can say for certain what the real answer to this question is, but it doesn't bother most people. Why should it? Even if you do know the true meaning of life, you only end up dying in the end... so what's the point?

 

Opening my eyes I find myself staring at someone. A man with average looks, an average body, just average. A pair of pitch black eyes return my stare and seem to glare unconsciously as we enter an unspoken staring contest.

 

After an unknown period of time, I sigh and force myself up and stop staring at myself in the mirror so that I'm not late to school, not that I really care it just would be a bother with the teachers harassing me and asking about my deceased parents.

 

Looking at my room from an outsiders perspective, it would seem as if it was not used for housing a person. It was bare except for a bed, a closet, a mirror, and a shelf of books. 

 

Moving my body toward the closet I am greeted by my wide assortment of clothes, which consists of only a few pairs of all black outfits. Putting on a black t-shirt, hoodie, and jeans I turn to look at myself in the mirror. Perfectly Unnoticeable.

 

In the corner of my eye, I spot an all black briefcase underneath my bed and I curse to myself as memories from the past return to haunt me.

 

In a room filled with darkness, two figures spoke to each other

"How was the mission?" One figure asked.

 

"The mission has been completed. No complications arose."

 

"Good. Now your next assignment may be difficult, even for you."

 

Snapping back to reality a growl escaped my lips and I leave my room before any other episodes happen. After exiting my house I start a lonely trek toward the school. As I walked past people no one paid me any attention and probably didn't even notice that I was there.

 

Walking toward my class I try to blend into the crowd so that my classmates don't realize that I am there, feeling relief at putting my hand on my chair and not being noticed yet a voice breaks through the hush that accompanied my usual life.

 

"HA! Caught you Kuro!" An annoying voice speaks from behind me with a weird amount of familiarness.

 

Feeling regret that my cover had been blown I turn to look toward the voice that shouted toward me. Along with everything else in my life she held almost no color, though there was one thing that was different about her.

 

Her eyes.

 

In the black and white world, I live in her eyes were one of the only things that held color. The piercing blue eyes were focused on me as she pouted due to me ignoring her.

 

At first, I thought that she was connected to me and that was the reason why her eyes held color. That idea was quickly shot down though, as no one connected to me could hold so much life in a lifeless world.

 

Right as she looked as though she wanted to say more, our teacher entered and she had to settle for sitting down and taking occasion glares without any real hate toward my direction. The class passes by in a quick manner and I just stare out at the grey sky.

 

Spending all of my school day staring at that sky I break out of my daze as the last school block passes. Before the pesky girl is able to locate me I sneak out of the class and start my trek back home. The same soulless walk I took earlier, and yesterday, and the day before that, and any other day that I went to this school. 

 

Going to a different school wouldn't change anything, it would just be the same walk, a different destination.

 

Today though something changed, color filled my vision. Staring at the TV that caught my attention, the TV seemed to have caught a lot of other people attention also as most people on the street stopped what they were doing in order to get a closer look at the screen.

 

At first, there was a vast mountain range, then there was a peaceful grassland, then there was a place filled with demons, at last, there was a battleground littered with swords and weapons but no dead bodies. A few words flashed by on the screen, Conquer, Destroy, Create, Live, Die, Find Your DESTINY.

 

After those few inspiring words a date, description, and title were all that was left on the screen.

9-17-2068

The Worlds First Immersive Virtual Reality World

DESTINY

 

Little did I know that this game would change the world, along with my future... No, My destiny.

2