Character Creation
152 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For the first time in a very long time, I felt my blood start to boil as I remember the trailer. Glancing at my phone to check the date, I realize that the game comes out tomorrow.

Rushing to the library I start my research on
this new game. The game was released out of nowhere and the company behind it is mysterious.

This game is their only project, along with their revolutionary VR pod that is available for purchase. Time in the pod supposedly run is 4-1. 4 hours in game equate to only 1 hour in the real world.

Without a second of hesitation, I order the pod to my house and it is scheduled to be delivered by tonight. Other than that there was little to no information on the game itself.

It was like the company appeared out of nowhere, slightly suspicious, but it isn't too unusual.

The only comments from the company about the game were that it has to be experienced, it does contain magic elements and that it is slightly different from other games. The final comment from them was a single sentence.

Good Luck, Have Fun.

After completing my research I traveled back to my house and started to wait for the pod to arrive at my house. During the wait, I meditated on why I felt so attracted to this game. Usually, I don't get so riled up, but it just seemed like the game was calling out to me. Pushing those thoughts aside I close my eyes and patiently wait until a knock finally sounds from my door.

Opening my door I find myself face to face with a young woman that looked to be around 20 years old smiling at me.

"Hello! Is this the household of Kuro Shi?"

A bit taken aback at the energy that she seemed to hold it takes me a second to gather myself and nod my head.

"Great! My name's Lisa and I am here to congratulate you. Your order was the 1 millionth order of our VR pod, and as a gift, your character is going to be given some bonuses. Don't worry though, these bonuses will only be able to help you if you are skilled enough to use them to your advantage!"

A slight smirk emerges on my face as I realize that my luck actually helped me out for once. How ironic. My luck has been horrible ever since I was a kid and my parents were taken from me. Pondering on what she said a thought occurs to me.

"Wait, so does that mean you work for the company that made Destiny?" Her smile widens as she winks her eye at me.

"That's a secret."

Deciding that it doesn't matter to me, either way, I allow her into my house so that she set up the pod, she doesn't seem to pose any sort of threat to my well being. She asks me where I want to set up the pod and after a moment of contemplation, I decide to put it in one the guest room in my house that never gets used.

After a few hours of waiting she comes out from the room and informs me that her job is complete. As she turns to leave a wave of confusion hit me.

"Wait, what about my rewards?" I ask slightly concerned that she had forgotten them.

"Oh don't worry about that, they are already installed on your pod."

"Then why did you need to come here? Any other normal worker could have come to install it for me... why come personally?" It was my personal instinct that the lady in front of me was more important than she let on.

She looks into my eyes and we stare at each other for a period of time, as if we were frozen in a deadlock. The deadlock is broken as she starts to laugh and responds to my question.

"No reason special, I just wanted to get out you know?" A feeling in my gut told me there was more to it than she let on but deciding to not pursue it I let her go. After I see her out I enter into the guest room in order to check out the pod.

The pod was shaped slightly like an egg and was more than enough to fit my body into it. At a closer look, there seemed to be a post-it note on the pod.

~Hey Kuro! It's Lisa, Hope you enjoy this game. Since you seem like a good person I decided to leave some extra advice for you. You seem like the type to want to do everything alone, but that may be slightly hard in this game. Try to find and make some friends. Bye! One last thing, Good Luck, Have Fun.

While feeling a little grateful toward this woman I decide to enter the pod and see what awaits.

After a second of weightlessness, I find myself in an endless white and black space with a small blue screen in front of me.

~Create Character~
~Enter Game~(Locked, 4 hours,23 Minutes, 48 Seconds Left until launch)

After tapping on create a character a weird sensation passes through me as I zoom out into 3rd person view and am able to look at my body. An average looking man who wouldn't stand out in the crowd with piercing black eyes. After a few seconds, a voice rings out in my head.

CHOOSE YOUR RACE
Human(Normal Tier)~ Most numerous race in Destiny. Average stats and well rounded.
Elf(Normal Tier)~ A Race in tune with nature. High Intelligence and agility, Low strength and Vitality.
Orc(Normal Tier) ~ A barbaric race that lives to battle. Low Intelligence and agility, High strength and Vitality.

Warning! More Races may be unlocked and Race can be changed at a later time due to special events, Items, quests, and Inheritances.

After thinking on it for a moment I just decide to go with Human as my race because I don't want to pursue a specific route just yet. After picking Human I am able to change what my character looks like. After experimenting with it, it seems as though I can't make my character entirely different from me and it has to look at least 70% similar to what I look like. Not that it matters to me anyway, I just stick with what I look like in real life.

After that, the screen asks me what my username should be. After a second of thought, I type in "Kuro"
Username Taken
"Kuro S"
Username Taken
"KuroShi"
Username Taken
After a frustrating amount of attempts, I finally resolved myself to put down a name I had been avoiding.
"Shadow"
Username Available

... Of course.

After sighing to myself and confirming my username a voice in my head tells me to think of my status, after doing what I am told my character stats show up in front of me.

Name- Shadow
Level- 1
Race- Human(Normal Tier)
Title-Lucky(Special Tier)
Class-None
HP-100/100
MP- 100/100
Strength-8
Vitality-8
Agility-8
Intelligence-8
Charisma-8
Luck(Hidden Stat)-5

It seems like the title Lucky and the luck stat have been opened for me as a part of the bonuses for me. After focusing on the stats for a bit another screen shows up for me explaining what each stat does.

Strength- How strong your character is, affects physical damage.
Vitality- How full of life your character is, affects health points.
Agility- How fast your character is, affects speed.
Intelligence- How smart your character is, affects mana points and magical damage.
Charisma- How charismatic your character is, affects NPC interaction.
Luck(Hidden Stat)- How lucky your character is, affects loot drops, random encounters, special events.

~In the world of destiny there are plenty of stats to be found and improved on, if your character has no points in a stat it will not show up on their status.

Interesting, so it seems there are a lot of hidden stats to be gained. That is a pretty risky concept to go for. After checking out my character stats it seems as though character creation is complete as I am brought back to the main screen., except this time character creation was gone and replaced by Discussion Board. The discussion board seems like a mini forum for players to communicate on and share ideas.

Bracing myself for the interesting discussions going on, I enter into the discussion board.

~Time Until Game Release 3 Hours~

~Elsewhere

"Are you sure about this mam? This could lead to some complications for the future story."

Without a second of hesitation, a second voice responds.

"Of course, that is what is going to make this game fun. Unpredictable elements, unforeseen variables, they are going to shape the future"

After the response, the first figure contemplates the answer.

"Understood, But why lie to him?"

"He wouldn't understand."

After that, there was only silence as they looked at the screen that showed a timer. That timer only had 3 hours remaining.

2