First Miniboss
137 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Silence permeated the forest as man and beast faced off against each other.

 

Even though the beast was a higher level than me, I showed no signs of fear as I stood in a combat-ready stance to receive the beast. As if angry that a mere human would dare stay calm to fight it, the mother wolf launched itself forward toward me with its teeth ready to rip my throat out.

Thankfully I was ready as I was able to sidestep to the right of the beast and prepare to swing at the beast. What I did not expect, was the beast already having its paws on a path toward my heart.

Suppressing a surprised look, I was forced to block the attack with his dagger.

-10

'The wolf exposed a weak point on purpose in order to bait me into an attack. It seems like they really went all out with the AIs of the enemies in this game.'

 

Pushing the paw to the side he ducks forward into the beasts guard and swipes at the side of its stomach.

-30

Not even paying attention the damage numbers to pop off I jumped backward, barely dodging a claw that was aiming at my head.

'only 270 more hp to go'

As if realizing that I was making fun of it, the beast sprinted toward me with its paws going on a rampage toward my face. I try to sidestep, only to find that the wolf was locking me into a head-on battle.

-5

-5

Barely fending off the attacks sent his way, an annoyed look appeared on my face as I realized I couldn't let this go on.

A shadowy dagger lunges toward the beasts eye halting its movements for a second as it panicked to protect its eye by blocking its dagger with a paw. As the dagger makes contact with the paw it seems to phase right through it confusing the wolf. A second later a yelp resounded through the forest as the sound of ripping flesh was heard.

-100 (Critical Hit, Inflicted Slowness)

A smirk appears on my face as I approve of the efficiency of the newly acquired feint skill. The wolf backs up, clearly slower than before and takes up a position across from me. Though there was a small amount of fear in the wolfs eyes, another emotion clouded the entirety of its being.

Pure Hatred.

How dare he? How dare this human kill off its cubs in cold blood, and still have the audacity to injure her? No more. 

A white aura starts to spread out from the wolfs paws, and before I am able to act the beast is upon me. A sound rings inside the forest as I barely manage to jump backward, saving my throat from being slashed. The same could not be said about my chest.

-60(Bleeding)

 

-20(Self Inflicted)

The wolf appears back at its original starting point, panting in exhaustion allowing me a seconds reprieve. Taking this second to review the wolf I notice that it used all of its mana in that attack.

Level 5 Mother Wolf

HP - 150/300

MP - 0/50

Skills - Mothers Anger

The newly added skill to the status of the beast explained a lot to me, but before I could consider the implications of it, the sound of the wolf moving toward me interrupted my thoughts. The beast was noticeably slower and worn, but a moment of carelessness could be the end of me.

A solemn look places itself on my face as I decide to end this battle. For the first time in this battle, I decide to take the initiative and i sprint toward the wolf. The moment they cross paths, I slice upward forcing the wolf to lose its momentum. As the wolf raises a paw to meet the blade, its paw goes right through the blade and the blade reappears aiming for the beasts back paw forcing the wolf to jump.

'Gotcha!'

"Unseen Massacre" A light passes through the eyes of the beast and for a moment all was silent... and then the sound of a body hitting the floor resounded.

-80

-80

-80

Congrats to player Kuro for completing the miniboss event!

Contribution Rate 100%

Completion Rating - A

Generating Award - Wolves Bane

Wolves Bane - Rare Dagger

Damage - 10-12

Additional Attribute- Agl+1, Strength+1

Collapsing on the floor, I realize just how close I was to dying in that encounter and frowns deeply.

'I need to get stronger. So strong that nothing stands in my way'

A determined look covers my face as I begin to reflect on the fight that just happened as I wait for my hp to recover.

2