Who Am I Now?
293 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     His sweaty hands were beginning to roam, she was feeling the heat from his muscular body against hers. She could barely lift her head surveying the room with blurred vision, looking at the several men holding automatic weapons Daiyu knew she had no escape.

     These men in black suits were drooling watching her as she was tied up exposing her white skin as her skirt rode up her soft white thighs. All of them were here here for the show, the downfall of the naive new head of the Black Jade Syndicate.

     Bright lights were shining in her face, it appeared they were going to tape her being ruined.

     How did she get in this position, schemed against by those jealous of her power. She didn't ask to be the head of the Black Jade Syndicate, her father forced her into the position after her brother's death.

     Now she was trapped with these beasts, tied with a silk rope around her delicate jade like wrists and feet. A blood thirsty audience filled with lust waiting to see her stripped of her clothes and her dignity.

       Daiyu earlier in the day had a meeting with her father and her stepbrother. Her father seemed nervous and her stepbrother did most of the talking. Her stepbrother Yang explained they had discussed her ideas from the last meeting. Pressure from different factions and the recent underground wars had made them vulnerable, now would be a good time to implement her plans.

     She was told to go to the corporate office to meet an investor, they were attempting to transition to legitimate businesses according to her father. Happy her father had finally taken her advice to cut ties with her uncle and move away from the Syndicate, she had agreed.

     After finishing at the office she had rushed home and changed into a light gray Chanel business suit, with a pink silk blouse. Then she slipped into some high heels that accentuated her slim legs. The outfit made her look sophisticated and older than her twenty two years.

     Ling Daiyu applied a slight amount of makeup and wrapped her long hair in a carved black jade hairpin that her grandmother gave her. When she looked in the mirror she was satisfied she presented an appearance of a competent business woman.

     “Grandmother, I will make your wish come true!”

     Ling Daiyu was confident her business plan would meet the requirements set down by the Dark Sky Corporation. It was her hope that her family could leave the violence and death that had accompanied her for her entire life.

     Daiyu was devastated after her brother was murdered she quickly returned from the Winter Solstice Mountains where she was studying with her Master in her grandmother's village . Her grandmother had insisted when her father married her stepmother Daiyu needed to get away from that house. She wanted her to learn martial arts and study, distance herself from her father's business.

     Grandmother Sheng always felt the death of Daiyu's mother was suspicious orchestrated by her father's new wife.

     When she arrived back in H City she was excited at the possibility of legitimizing her family's businesses, she had drafted a plan she felt would enable them to not lose significant profits. Now she had the opportunity to present it.

     She entered the tall corporate headquarters  building and went directly to the elevator headed to the 44th floor as instructed accompanied by her two loyal bodyguards. Nothing seemed strange until the elevator stopped at the 34th floor. The bodyguards were on alert but before they could do anything a smoke filled the air from the vent.

    Daiyu awakened to find her bodyguards dead and she was in this room tied up. Her head was groggy and the man in front of her was blurry. Her papers were strewn all over the floor at her feet.

     An intercom was turned on and the sound of laughter could be heard. Even through the haze she could recognize that voice, her stepbrother Yang.

     “You are so foolish why Ling Qi made you the head I have no idea. Do you think I will let anyone take apart what I have worked so hard to create.”

     She was too weak to respond, her mind was trying to focus but the drug was too strong. She attempted to adjust her inner energy as her Master had taught her but she could barely raise her head..

     “Daiyu this man is going to ravage you then kill you while we watch. Then you can meet that pathetic brother of yours in Hell. Before you die I want to see that pampered and spoiled face of yours distorted in agony, your pristine body writhing under every man here. I hate that sweet smile of yours that you never showed me only your brother.

     He begins laughing in a sinister manner, as your brother Ling Jue was laying in a pool of blood he said “Daiyu I'm sorry I can't protect you.”

     Tears are welling up in Daiyu's eyes, she is picturing her handsome brother who always was teasing her. How did it all come to this, it seems like yesterday her mother was singing to her and her brother. Now they are both dead.

    My last words to you are by now your father is dead and so is your precious grandmother. That leaves only you...

     Before Yang could receive any pleasure from watching this man destroy her she gathered all her strength to push the man away. She reached her tied hands above her head removing the black jade hairpin and stabbed herself in the heart. Her death was swift not allowing anyone to destroy her pride.

     When Daiyu woke up she was not sure who she was but for some reason she felt familiar with the surroundings. She was wearing a silver and blue robe and clutching a black jade hairpin. She was shivering laying in a mound of snow, a bloody white fox jacket next to her.

     Daiyu could feel a warm sensation on her head, she reached up and when she looked at her hand it was covered in blood. Unable to get up and dazed she laid in the snow, shivering from the brutal cold that was seeping into her bones. She used the little strength she had to cover her body with the bloody jacket. 

     A voice sounded a short distance away calling out to someone, “Daiyu, where are you?”

    She didn't know who that was calling out to her and couldn't form words, she felt so sleepy. 

    Suddenly a handsome young boy in a long black wolf fur coat rushes over to her pulling her into his arms. “Daiyu, Daiyu, wake up!”

     The sound of more footsteps could be heard rushing through the snow in her direction. The sound of the snow crunching under heavy boots, it must be many men approaching. She is afraid, but unable to even move her hands that have become stiff from the cold, let alone her legs.

     “She is over here!”

     Ling Gu takes off his coat and wraps her in it, holding her in his arms, he is crying. They had been playing in the woods, he was chasing her when she slid off the cliff into this snowbank down below

     Several people come over then surround them. Her father carefully takes her from Ling Gu and heads to their home. His large footsteps leaving a deep impression in the snow, he is careful not to let her move in his arms worried she has internal injuries. 

     She lays on her bed motionless, her face is deathly pale, they have cleaned her head from all the blood but are hesitant to have a servant girl remove her clothing until the doctor arrives. The local doctor is summoned over and checks her pulse. All of her brothers anxiously wait outside, Ling Gu wants to barge in and check on her but he is restrained by his older brother Ling Che

     The elderly doctor comes out of the room and says, “I gave her medicine and bandaged her wound, she will sleep for a day. I don't know how she survived falling from that cliff, the Sun God must be protecting his future wife.” he laughs heartily after he says this.

     Her father doesn't laugh and gives his old friend a stern look.

     Through her haze Daiyu looks at her body that isn't hers and wonders where she is.

     Who is she now? 

     She doesn't remember anything after being dragged into a room with blinding lights and the sound of evil laughter from her stepbrother.

9