Chapter Three
147 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lexi pushed through the heavy double doors of the guild with Banksy in tow. Ignoring the others who glanced up at her, some of them offering greeting, she made her way to the back of the building where a large desk stood, overflowing with papers. Stopping in front of it she stared down at the girl who was carefully looking over an order sheet.

"Do you need something Alexis? I'm rather busy?" Servilia said. She glanced up and frowned at the girl's scarf and hood. "Really Alexis, your going to ruin your skin if you never take those cheap rags off."

Lexi continued to stare until finally Servilia rolled her eyes.

"Yes I am aware that Cross may have been followed, I expected as much, as did the client. I sent someone to assist. Don't worry, he'll be safe."

"Who?" Lexi said.

"I don't think it matters all that much. Everyone here can handle themselves. Cross is going to be upset that we sent anyone at all. He already thinks the Mistress babies him as it is.” Servilia returned her eyes to her work.

"Who did you send?" Lexi slammed her palm on the marble desk with enough force to leave a spider web of cracks. Servilia did not flinch. She took a moment to smooth out her dress and adjust her dark hair before she answered.

"I sent Romeo. He should have been on the train, ready to assist Cross if necessary." Servilia said as she ran a delicate finger over the cracks in her desk. "Honestly Alexis, this is brand new. I hope you know I'm taking this out of your pay."

Lexi reached behind her and snatched the pillowcase from Banksy's hands. She threw it over the desk and Servilia let out an 'oomph' as it struck her hard in the stomach. Lexi stalked off leaving Banksy behind. He watched her go with a shake of his head before turning to Servilia and flashing his most charming smile.

"Sorry about the desk. Lexi is… Lexi.”

"It is natural that she should worry. It’s not her worst quality" Servilia said with a small shake of her head before pushing back in her chair and opening up the pillowcase, her eyes widening slightly. "Oh wow."

"Quite a nice haul, don't you think?" Banksy said proudly, puffing his chest out a bit. "The safe was a Tonus, pretty difficult, but I was able to crack it."

"The Mistress will be very happy." Servilia said, reaching in and pulling out a handful of small gems. "They're beautiful."

Banksy swallowed hard, unable to believe his luck. He had the perfect line for this. All he had to do was say it!

"Not as beautiful as you."

He had practiced this so many times in front of his mirror. And he barely blushed anymore.

Say it!

"Not as beautiful as you."

He could do this.

Say it!

"I uh, I like the blue ones," Banksy mumbled lamely, white-hot shame filling his body.

"So do I," Servilia said serenely, picking up a brilliant sapphire that nearly matched her eye color. She looked passed the gem and at Banksy. "Is there something else you needed, Nathan?"

Banksy shook his head and slouched away, following after Lexi.

3