338 A Real Cheat
97 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Su Yan blinked and curiously watched as Nie Chang took out Ziju An’s flying sword again and stepped onto it.

Nie Chang smiled and held out his hand. "Come on. Or don’t you want to?"

Su Yan tensed. "Of course, I want!" He grabbed Nie Chang’s hand and jumped onto the sword. Naturally, he wouldn’t just wait there! He hugged Nie Chang’s waist and peered over his shoulder.

Su Yan froze. Wait! Why could he look over Nie Chang’s shoulder? Was the sword not stable? He looked down but the sword was horizontal to the ground. Su Yan looked back up and was once again able to look over Nie Chang’s shoulder. Well, it wasn’t by much but the fact that he didn’t have to tiptoe to do so was strange. Could it be … had Nie Chang shrunk?!

He clasped his boyfriend’s shoulder and leaned forward. "Ah Chang … Why are you suddenly so small?"

"Ah?" Nie Chang tried to look back but Su Yan was sticking so close to his back that he hardly saw some black hair. "What do you mean?"

"I can suddenly look over your shoulder. I could never do that." He pondered. "Well, I could do that when we were in elementary school but only for the first two years."

Nie Chang’s lips twitched. "Darling … Did you forget that you’re Dou Fang Hai now? You probably designed him to be taller than you. It’s no wonder you can look over my shoulder." He frowned. "Why are you even trying to do that? Did you see something in the front?" He scanned their surroundings but couldn’t notice anything that should have piqued Su Yan’s interest.

Meanwhile, his darling pursed his lips. "What? Can’t I have a look just like that? Why do I even need a reason?"

Nie Chang sighed. "Ah, that’s not what I meant. I just thought that if you saw something interesting and want to take a closer look, then you should tell me." He patted Su Yan’s hand. "So was there anything?"

Su Yan shook his head. "No. I was just wondering randomly. Now, what was it you thought of for our next milestone? Are you sure it’s something good?"

"Mn …" Nie Chang looked around. "Well, I’m sure it’s good. I’m not sure whether it’ll work though."

"Ah? Why that?"

Nie Chang imbued more spiritual energy into the flying sword to speed up and gave a sigh. "Maybe I shouldn’t tell you."

Su Yan who had just snuggled up to Nie Chang’s back and wanted to get comfortable raised his head and slapped Nie Chang’s abdomen. "What’s that supposed to mean?"

Nie Chang caught his darling’s hand and laughed. "Don’t you think it would be romantic if I surprised you?"

Su Yan used the closer height between them and tried to put his chin on Nie Chang’s shoulder. Unfortunately, he had to stare up at the sky for that though. He didn’t mind too much though. "Didn’t you already surprise me yesterday when we went to the park?"

"Mn. I did. Didn’t you like it?"

Su Yan pondered. "Well … I guess it was nice?"

"But?"

"But we ended up doing my tasks. Mn … Maybe we should go on real dates after I’m done with the system? Ah, but that isn’t possible. I’ll need to work hard then. Otherwise, how will we buy our house? And even if we have the house, we still need to feed the dog."

Nie Chang chuckled. "So you’re not worried about us feeding ourselves?"

"Of course not! Don’t we have your repair shop for that? We should earn enough with that to have enough to eat for ourselves, shouldn’t we? I mean we also have enough to eat now. I mean …"

"I know." Nie Chang patted Su Yan’s hand again. "Don’t worry about these things now. First, let’s accomplish some more milestones. Then we can go back and take care of everything else."

"Mn!" Su Yan nodded but he only kept quiet for a moment. "Ah Chang?"

"Yes?"

"Do you think … if I reach the next level and can go into the world of the novels whenever I want to, do you think the system will still tell me how to earn money with writing?"

Nie Chang raised his brows. "Why shouldn’t it?"

"Well, because I’d already get the skill to go to the world of my novels. That’s like … transmigrating over and over again but I can choose where and when. That’s a real cheat! Eh? Talking about a cheat, do you think that would be an interesting idea for a story? Like there would be that guy who somehow gets a system that lets him transmigrate. He can choose where he wants to go and can also go back when he doesn’t want to be there anymore. Wouldn’t that be cool?"

"Mn. And where’s the romance?"

Su Yan blanked. Uh. Right. He was supposed to write bl now. "Uh … Maybe … he falls in love in one of those worlds?"

"Then why would he return to his original world or go to another one?"

"Maybe it’s becoming too hard to live there? Like there could be war or something. It could be dangerous."

"So he leaves and his lover remains in that dangerous world? That’s not very romantic. I certainly wouldn’t be happy if you went back to earth on your own and left me here."

Su Yan tightened his grasp on Nie Chang’s waist and smacked him on the shoulder. "Don’t worry, Ah Chang! I’m not such a coward! If things get dangerous, I’ll definitely stick with you! And if I find a way home, I’ll also take you home." Su Yan chuckled and burrowed his face in Nie Chang’s back, mumbling some more.

"Ah? What was that, darling?"

Su Yan faced to the side and grinned. "I asked who would cook for me if I didn’t take you home? The dog certainly won’t do it!"

Nie Chang tsked. "You! Is this considered payback for teasing you before?" Ah, he really wanted to reach behind him and ruffle Su Yan’s hair now. His little darling was too cute!

Su Yan grinned even brighter and rubbed his cheek on Nie Chang’s back. "Even if it was, I’d still take you back home with me. Now, you better hurry up! How are we going to finish that milestone you thought of otherwise?"

Nie Chang also grinned and indeed sped up further. Well, if his darling wanted him to, then naturally he would do it. And he couldn’t wait to see what kind of face Su Yan would make when they arrived either.

2