Chapter 10 — Drunken woes
86 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10 — Drunken woes

 

 

Spoiler

Warning— Child Trauma

[collapse]

    “Haah…”

    Letting a small sigh escape her lips, Pride sheathed her longsword as she took in the scenery in front of her. What was once a dry barren land where not even a single weed could survive was now a devastated battleground with spikes of ice protruding everywhere. And amidst all of that lay the skyscraper-sized cadaver of a mindless critter, its severed head right beside Pride’s feet.

    “*whistle* Nice one. Ny can prepare a hearty meal with that.”

    Not even sparing a glance, Pride knew who the speaker was, but given how she stormed off as well as what she was feeling, she wanted to be alone right now, the temperature of her surroundings falling in accordance with the turmoil of emotions within her.

 

    “Ra-”    “Can it. Today was supposed to be relaxing and I’m not leaving till ya come with.”

    “…I’m not in the mood to return, Wrath.” Saying such with a monotonous voice, even Wrath was taken aback.

‘Been a while seeing this side of hers.’ Keeping that thought to himself, Wrath kept a fair distance away from her. He knew that he would only make it worse if he tried to close the distance as is.

    “Who said we’re going back?” Seeing only Pride’s ears focus on him, Wrath couldn’t help but wryly smile.

    “How bout we go somewhere else? Just the two of us.”

    Turning to stare at him, she let out another sigh as she relaxed. “Where?”

    “Our bedrooms’ one place?”

    “…”

    “Haha! That’s more like it! That look always cracks me up!” Wiping an imaginary tear, Wrath stopped holding his sides in mock-discomfort before directing a warm gaze at Pride, speaking in a calm and soft tone, “Just follow me, you’ll be in for a nice little surprise.”  

*fwoosh*

Seeing him fly away, Pride looked at him and then the carcass, still hesitating before his voice echoed again. 

 

    “It goes well with this ya know.”

    Looking back up in response to his voice, Pride followed where his finger was pointing and was absolutely stunned. Her earlier unsettled mind now harboured only feelings of disbelief as she tried to register what was in Wrath’s hands. But before she could…

    “You coming?”

    Hearing his voice again seemed to just barely jolt her out of her shock. Within a moment she stored the corpse inside of her Domain, chasing after Wrath only to stop a few minutes later, her breath again taken away by the sight in front of her. 

* * *

    ““Haa~””

    Simultaneously releasing a sigh of contentment, both of them looked at each other. A short chortle escaped Wrath’s mouth just as Pride giggled behind her hand.

“I never expected you to create this.” Draining the glass in her hand, Pride shifted closer to Wrath, an arm's length of Ice-cold Liquid Spirit Energy separating them apart.

“That’s cuz I didn’t.” Finishing his own glass, he refilled both of theirs before a question escaped his lips.

    “How long was it before this stuff’s supposed ta kick in?”

    “Hmm? Right about now I suppose.”

    *fwish* *sizzle*

    Enveloped in enchanting flames and ice crystals respectively, Wrath and Pride’s bodies were now that of a late-teenage couple soaking in a Natural Spring. The foliage of the trees around them were the only censorship to their nudity.

 

    *splosh*

    “Hmm?”

    Scooting over, Pride was now sitting on Wrath’s lap with her head resting against his chest. Shifting unflinchingly on his thighs, she finally settled down when she felt comfortable enough, a purr escaping her lips.

    “Is it to your liking, My Queen~?” Wrath asked tauntingly.

    “Mmn. It’s very pleasant...” She replied languidly.

    “Kek. Now why does that sound familiar ehh-wait? Ok, okay I won’t tease you anymore so stop it before my dick really does freeze.”

Letting out a, “Hmph,” Pride unwound her tail and let it lazily wrap around Wrath’s. His words from before slowly echoed in her ears as she stared at her reflection within the spring, her ice-blue eyes slowly rippling into dull silver-blue ones as she reminisced on who exactly first performed these actions…

 


 

    “Here’s to Yurei becoming a Prince! Cheers!”

    “Cheers!”    “Cheers!”
    .
    .

    “Is this really necessary?” Yurei asked with a sigh as he eyed the multi-coloured intoxicant within his glass. Together with everyone else, he was in a large Natural Spring hidden away in the Labyrinthine Forest of the [Spirit World]. Only those said to be strong enough can reach the end of the maze and experience the bliss of said Spring.

With Yurei’s strength reaching that of a Prince, only one rank below the Monarchs, it was a given that he could clear it. And so, in celebration of his success, everyone launched a party for him as they soaked in the springs, the only article covering them being thin, wet bath towels.

 

    “Course it is! Now drink already!” 

    Giving in to Gluttony’s fervent and Temperance’s apologetic gazes, Yurei took a small sip of it before his eyes widened in surprise, guzzling down the rest of the chilled mug like a child their favourite sweets or soft-drink.

    *fwoosh*

    White vapour eluded Yurei’s body as he shrunk in size. His hair grew longer, extending just below his shoulders while his facial features grew more delicate and childish. And finally, the most noticeable differences were the two small protuberances on his chest and the sensation of the Spring’s liquid in-between his legs. It was obvious that along with his physical age, his gender had also changed.

 

    “Huh? So it has that effect as well?” Gluttony mumbled before asking out loud, “How do you feel Yurei?” 

    “What do you mean, Ny-nee?” Yurei asked with a cute head tilt as she fixed her bath towel to now cover her chest, bright silver-blue eyes staring back at her violet-green ones.
.
.

<<Ooooiiiiii!>>

<<What the fuck did you do Ny!?>>

<<Why’s she acting all cute like that?!>>

<<ah. Umm~ Weelll…>>

<<Just what did you put in this shit?!>>

<<Nothing at all! There’s only inhibitor-constructs! It’s just plain alcohol!>>

<<Really?>>    <<I highly doubt that, young lady>>    <<stop lying~>>

<<Uuu. Well…>>

<<Ny>>

<<Argh! Fine! I may or may not have imbued it with a little bit of Conceptual Magic for Drunkenness!>>
.
.
.

<<So the brat’s, or rather, lass’ literally just drunk as-fuck?>>

<<...yes>> ‘I certainly hope so. Only when the alcohol wears off can I tell.’

 

    *splosh*

    “Hmm?” Ending their silent conversation, Pride could only mutter out an “Eh?” as she found Yurei sitting on her lap. She had her arms arounds her legs as she leaned back to rest her head on Pride’s chest.

<<Oh my>>    <<Well this is something rather rare>>

“Haa~”

As she released a sigh of fulfilment, her ears and tail lazily swayed about in a mesmerizing manner.

<<I have to say, this is a rather soothing sight>>

<<True>>

<<Seconded>>

<<Milady and the Prin-cess really seem like sisters like this fufu>>

 

    “Oi Yurei.” Wrath called out to her with a visible vein pulsing on his temple.

    “Hmm~?”

    “Is it good?” He asked pointing at where she was seated.

    “Mmn~ It’s very pleasant~” 

    “I s-see.” Looking at the small smile and eyes closed in happiness on her normally expressionless face, Wrath couldn’t find it in him to say anything and merely drank a mouthful from his mug.

“Is that jealousy I sense, Ra?”

“shut up before I smack ya En”

“Hahahaha!”

“Kek!”

“Gahaha!”
.
.

 


 

    “At that time, I really sensed a ton of it from him!” Envy protested.

    “Huh. I thought you just said it for the sake of the moment.” Diligence pointed out as he took a sip of Gluttony's latest liquor. Just like Wrath and Pride, they were also having their own drunken reminiscence within the pool of the resort.

    “I can vouch for her, Dili.”

    “Mmn! *gulp* That’s right Kind! You tell ’em!”

    “Well, there’s nothing much to say except that he was practically drowning in it.”

    “Ahh. Speaking of drowning, how long is she gonna bawl her eyes out M?! I don't wanna drown in her E*dri*c* Horror Tales again!! We’ve already sent Sebas and Sofi back cuz they fell asleep in the pool!”

 


 

    “Hey Yurei.” Patience called out, his face a light shade of red and his mug half empty.

    “Yes, Tien-nii?” Her bright silver-blue eyes reflected his young navy-blue ones in pure curiosity.

    “This is obviously rude, but, what’re your honest thoughts about me?”

    Right as he asked that question, a silence fell upon the Spring, all but Yurei slowly craning their necks to either stare at him or play deaf by drinking.

 

“Hmmm~ unnnn~ I think Tien-nii is a calm and co-llec-ted”     “Collected?”

“Mmn~ collected. You can do any~thing with enough time Tien-nii.”

“Hehe. So that’s what I look like. Thank you~”

 

“Oh! Me next! What about me Yurei!?”

“Hmm~ I think you’re really cool En-nee.”

“Eh? Really? For what?”

“Unn~ You never give up until you suc-ceed and that’s really really cool.”

“Ehehe~”

 

“Fufu~ I guess it’s my turn now.”

“Oh. Umm~ I guess you’re really bad at playing games E-nee.”

“Hahaha!”    “Hehehe!”
.
.

“Mou~ Is that really all you think of me?” She asked with a pout, Charity snickering as he patted her back.

“Hmm~ other than that~ I guess you’re nice to good merchants and bad to bad ones. I like that part of you.”

“Hehe, thank you~”

 

“Yurei.” Pride tapped on her shoulder as she whispered.

“Hmm?” Looking up, Yurei saw Pride with a small smirk on her face, “What about that grumbling wolf beside us?”

Hearing her words, Yurei turned to look at Wrath. He continued to sulk but his large wolf-ears were pointed in his direction to not miss any details.

“I think Ra-nii is wild~”

“W-wild?” Wrath asked, his face completely red.

“Unn~ Ra-nii is like an aniki I guess. Oh. And you’re really cool when you fight with the brr-rod-”

“Broadsword?” He asked, his earlier gloom completely extinguished by the grin forming on his face.

“Mmn. That’s really awe-some~”    

“...Awesome?”    

“Mmn. It’s really awesome~”

“Hahaha! Of course it is!”
.
.

 


 

    “Oh shut up!” Gluttony shouted, her entire face tomato red as she exclaimed, “Yu left! And it’s clearly b’cuz of that!”

At her sudden outburst everyone fell silent, the alcohol helping them vividly recall how candidly Yurei revealed all the pain that was hidden inside him—

 

* * * * *

 

    “He really played me well didn’t he?” Pride whispered forlornly.

    “Ri-”

    “I know. It’s because I was the most affected from that incident. But how can I not be?” She asked as she looked up at him, a pained expression on her face as she rested her hands against Wrath’s chest.

“He didn't want to say it. It was his pride that kept him from saying it. Not arrogance or vanity, but pride Ra. I know how much that hurt for me like yesterday and yet... we just—”

 


 

    “Hey Yurei~” Lust called out, her face a mix of cute and sexy.

    “Yes, Lu-nee?”

    “Hmm,” her face immediately turned into one of pondering and hesitation as she spoke, “I don't like to brag but, you know how I can sense someone’s lust right?”

    “Yes.”

    “Well, because of the alcohol, I can feel it wafting out of everyone with what I did just now.”

    Her words caused everyone but Yurei to avert their eyes, a hint of red on their already flushed faces now due to embarrassment before they felt a mind-numbing chill creep into their minds due to Yurei’s next words.

 

    “But you can’t from me right?”

    Still possessing most of their mental faculties, everyone was astonished at his open revelation of the fact. This was something that Lust never told them before despite sensing the anomaly. She herself knew better than to prod Yurei about it. And although no-one wanted to admit it, they all felt something akin to fear crawl up their hearts. Something they should never hear. Something they should stop prying into before it’s too late. And yet…

Alcohol got the better of them; the Concept of Drunkenness within it eroding their inhibition from asking as well as hiding who asked for all of their lives.

 

    “Why?”

 

    “Because I hate people? I think it was called Mis-anthr-opy. Oh, and I also hate people touching me. I think that was Hafa- Haphe- ah. Haphephobia. Unn.”

Even though everyone present here were energy-beings, they felt as if actual blood drained from their faces, their entire bodies enveloped by an abnormally nauseating chill that permeated through to their cores.

 

    “How?” Gluttony eked out. Although she meant to finish her words, Yurei continued before she could.

“How? Hmm~ I don’t know how my Miso-gyny and Mis-andry became Misan-thropy but~ maybe it was when that bandit-man did some very bad things to me? His face looked like that girl who did even more bad bad things to me you know. Hmm? What’s wrong?”

 

    Looking around, Yurei could see everyone shaking where they were. Were it not for the alcohol inhibiting all of her feelings, regressing her intelligence to that of a child stuttering at difficult words, she would have wrongly concluded why they had such reactions. 

 

Fake Pity.

False Sympathy.

Wrongful Understanding.

 

And yet, before she could ask, “Eh?” She was wrapped in a tight hug from behind, Pride’s arms trembling as she held her tightly, a nice cold breeze snuggling her as a whole.

    “Ri-nee?” Yurei innocently called. 

    Yet all that Pride could do was hold her tighter, her lips slightly parting yet never voicing her thoughts. And perhaps it was for the best that she didn’t.

 

Because, “Huh?”

 

It was right then, “Eh?”

 

Her Silver-blue eyes lost their shine, containing an unprecedented murkiness within.
.
.

“Aa-”

 

 


 

Thank you for reading nya.

Sorry for not posting last week nya.

I was disheartened when I got two consecutive 1-stars nya.

After that would be one of the novels I read— Asahina Wakaba to Marumaru na Kareshi —ending on a heart-wrenching cliff.

What brought me even more down was another favourite of mine— Bookworld Online: Marsh Man —going on hiatus and last but not least, the one that sapped most of my willpower to write was Ishigami-kun being rejected by Tsubame-senpai. Anyways nya, here’s the glossary —

Spoiler

 Sky’s Glossary —

Conceptual Magic — Drunkenness

Like the name says nya. Gluttony really put her all into making that booze nya. It’s sad that things went so downhill back then tho nya. Anyways, always check when you buy your alcohol nya. Yurei may certainly be the talkative type when drunk nya, but that doesn’t mean everyone is as passive as he is. Take care to never let kids have a sip of your stash nya~ They’re the most honest bunch after all is said and done!

[collapse]

Once again, thanks for reading nya! Favourite and Comment down below! 

(Seriously do so. This shit’s the only way I can deal with my online classes. That week literally felt like the longest with how miserable I felt.)

Minor spoiler for the next chapter nya —

Spoiler

Explosions Among Us

[collapse]

I’ll see all of you next week like always I guess! (lol)  ☕ Here’s to +100 readers! ❤️

3