Chapter 2: Great Luck
56 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Chapter 2: Great Luck

"So, what do you want to eat for breakfast, Tsuna?" Dugu Qiubai asks Tsuna while ignoring the looks he gets from nearby people. Not that he could blame them, with his present clothes are out of style. But, it's something Dugu Qiubai fond of and won't change it for anything just because of people's opinion. Something he can ignore. Plus, if these clothes he wears are the exact same ones he obtained in the past, then he doesn't have to worry about them being worn down nor does he have to worry about washing them. Through some unknown special methods, Dugu Qiubai can just use his [Inner Energy] to make his clothes more durable and clean of any mess without much problems. Something popular with many martial artists.

Overall, Dugu Qiubai can count on one hand on how many times he needed to get any replacement clothes during his life in the past. Plus, he made some friends, enemies, and just meeting random people often, where he finally understand that the people in the past has advanced technology in clothing compared to modern time. Which made Dugu Qiubai question many times if he was truly in the past or not; nonetheless, he has only been curious about this for a few hours before returning back to work on his swordplay.

Tsuna looks around to find what he wanted to eat while being held up high up, for him to see all the food to eat.

It took a bit of time before Tsuna finally picked something to eat, leading to Dugu Qiubai grabbing the selective food Tsuna picked out and along with the one that Dugu Qiubai picked out himself. To buy with the stolen money he got from those shady men.

Leaving the very same gas station Dugu Qiubai and Tsuna came in last night. Dugu Qiubai begins to look around, to find anyone to talk to without looking at him weirdly due to what he is wearing. Nor does he want to speak with people, that want to ask many unwanted questions instead of answering his own.

"By the way, Tsuna. How old are you?" Dugu Qiubai made sure to lower his voice, to not let anyone nearby hear his question. Dugu Qiubai knew how certain questions asked out loud would lead to many misunderstandings. Something he found the hard way in the past.

"Tsuna is this many." Tsuna raises all his fingers with a small smile on his face.

"10, huh?" Dugu Qiubai mumble to himself, really wonders how Tsuna lives up to now. He has seen many cases of neglect, be it children or disciplines of martial artists.

Yet, Tsuna's body is somewhat fine in appearance alone, but Dugu Qiubai can tell by Tsuna's weight alone, that he just barely being fed enough to not show any signs of starving. However, this wasn't fine one bit, not to mention, going by the scan he did this morning on Tsuna with his [Inner Energy].

Tsuna's center of balance is completely off. Something has disturbed the harmony within Tsuna's body and mind. Especially, the latter, as something suppressing Tsuna's future growth by a lot. If Dugu Qiubai doesn't figure a way to remove this, then it would be a harsh life for Tsuna while growing up. Of course, Dugu Qiubai could test his luck on solving this problem through the usage of his own [Inner Energy], but Dugu Qiubai knew this is a foolish thing to do. Not to mention, his [Inner Energy] is too much for Tsuna's little body to handle. Even a single drop would destroy Tsuna from within, no question about it.

Letting out a sigh, Dugu Qiubai begins to ask people walking by about the abandoned shrine. Since Dugu Qiubai decided that place would his and Tsuna's home for the time being until he figures things out.


30 minutes later*

After Dugu Qiubai said his thanks to the last person to ask about the abandoned shrine. He has a good gist of why it's abandoned in the first place and why no one tried to come over to the place to take ownership when the last one died from an unknown cause. Making Dugu Qiubai wonder if there something more about the shrine than what many would know. Something it could lead to the death of the last person watching over the shrine since a few decades ago.

Overall, anyone could walk into the shrine and live there without anyone realizing it. Furthermore, Dugu Qiubai also understands, that the abandoned shrine is rumored to be cursed due to years of lack of taking care of it. Making whatever god of the shrine becomes furious. Pretty much all those rumors related to this had pushed many people to avoid coming to the abandoned shrine. Not even those shrine priests and miko would dare come here.

Either way, this won't stop Dugu Qiubai from using the abandoned shrine as his home until he gathers enough money and resource to literally own a house without requiring paperwork, which Dugu Qiubai do not have. So, the chance of him owning a house is pretty much nonexistence unless he has some quality talk with the local gangs. Even then, Dugu Qiubai might just stay at the abandoned shrine. With fewer people knowing where he is staying.

"Now, what should I do about Tsuna?" Dugu Qiubai glance at the sleeping Tsuna in his arms, who just fall asleep a few minutes ago. "I can't really leave him alone while I do other things." Dugu Qiubai frowns a little because he just remembers why he always in such a hurry to make sure the children find their family or someone to take care of them in the past.

Well, Dugu Qiubai does have some experience in protecting children while hunting for food at the same time. Yet, he has no idea if he could protect Tsuna while avoiding getting hit by bullets. Though, Dugu Qiubai won't mind testing out if he could. After he has someone watch over Tsuna, better if he can find Tsuna's family.

"Come on! He just a little boy when there so many of us!"

Dugu Qiubai blink as he just heard someone shouted up ahead and caused Tsuna to wake up, making the little boy yawn and look around what's making all the loud noises.

Dugu Qiubai mumbles to Tsuna softy, for him to be quiet as he moves closer to find out what's going on.

What Dugu Qiubai found is a bit of a surprise, but not much, to find a boy, who should be 11-13 years old. Entering their teenage years. Short black hair with a fringe that joins at the center of his face. Narrow gray eyes, wearing a school uniform, and fighting off a bunch of gang members by himself with just his bare hands.

Dugu Qiubai watches as this teenage boy moving around the place, making sure to avoid getting hit. While at the same time aiming to take down the gang members by aiming for their weak points. Yet, Dugu Qiubai can see that the teenage boy is getting slower and slower by the second with all the extra wasted movements he taking in order to not get hit.

Frowning at how a group of grown-ass men is fighting a single teenage boy, who is barely fighting all of them at once. So, Dugu Qiubai appears next to the teenage boy and forces the kid to hold Tsuna, where Dugu Qiubai can see the confused look on the teenage boy. But, at least, willing to hold Tsuna for Dugu Qiubai.

"Make sure nothing happens to Tsuna. Tsuna, do not cause any problem for..." Dugu Qiubai glance over the teenage boy, hinting what his name is.

"Hibari Kyoya." Kyoya introduces himself while making sure to get a good grip on the little animal. Then, before his very eyes. Kyoya watches the predator appear among the herbivores and start taking all of them down. In Kyoya's disbelief. He can see the apex predator single-handed, or to be exact, with a single finger to strike down the herbivores by a poke at the back of the herbivores' necks. Knocking them out cold instantly. "Wao."

"Thanks, Kyoya." Dugu Qiubai didn't really care about the whole honorific nor about how people should speak people's names due to certain circumstances. Hopefully, Kyoya wasn't the type of person to care about that. "If you don't mind me asking, but why were you fighting all these guys by yourself?" Dugu Qiubai is a bit curious about this whole situation.

"They were crowding." Kyoya replied with a serious look on his face.

"I see." Dugu Qiubai did not see what Kyoya meant by crowding. "Anyway, it's nice meeting you, Kyoya. But, I have to go now." Dugu Qiubai said his farewell, then begin to head back to the shrine while thinking about who to find to watch over Tsuna for a bit. But, stop before he walks too far away and turns around, to see Kyoya is following him. "Do you need something?"

"Teach me how to fight." Kyoya knew his shortcoming and is still figuring out the right fighting style that suits him. The only thing he has done up to now is working on his body through a special family body training methods and relying solely on instinct to fight.

"Sorry, I can't teach you. I'm a bit too busy with this little guy." Dugu Qiubai didn't really have time to teach others, nor did he feel like it since he will need the time to work on his own personal training. Who knows what he may face in the future.

"I'll have someone else watch the small animal." Kyoya can't let the chance of being trained by a predator. A bigger predator than that small predator he always sees in his family meeting often yearly. The feeling Kyoya gets from that small predator didn't bring the same danger feeling he is getting from the big predator in front of him. This is his only chance of getting a teacher, who could help him turn into a true predator unlike those carnivores, that are either weak or strong, but never a true predator.

If that wasn't enough for Kyoya to take this big predator before him as his teacher, then the fact, that this big predator not once draw out his sword to deal with these false carnivores.

"Don't have money." Dugu Qiubai smile at Kyoya with a hint of amusement.

"I'll take care of everything for the small animal's welfare in exchange for your teaching." Kyoya knew the small animal must be important for the big predator and knew what to do.

"Hm. I don't know." Dugu Qiubai wasn't that eager to have Kyoya as his student nor does he want to leave Tsuna with him. Something about letting Tsuna go would be a big mistake for Dugu Qiubia. Which is weird. Then again, Dugu Qiubai always trusts his instinct and should follow it often, but not too often. After all, just following one's instinct alone won't be enough to reach the peak of swordplay in Dugu Qiubai's eyes.

Kyoya panic inside while keeping a calm look on the outside, not that he realized that the one he seeks out to train him could easily see his inner struggle.

"Though, if you can prove to me, that you have actual people that can really take care of Tsuna while I'm gone and return to see him safe and taken care of. I might give you some tips on what to train." Dugu Qiubai really hopes Kyoya wasn't someone from a big family or so. Because things would be a bit complicated since he will have to deal with a teenage boy trying to do something that might piss him off enough to kill him. Leading to Kyoya's family coming after Dugu Qiubai, making it harder for him to live peacefully while he practices his swordplay. "Actually. I have a better idea." Dugu Qiubai knew this is a risk, but with risks, come with rewards.


A few hours later*

"Hello, I'm Kusakabe Tetsuya." Tetsuya performs a bow to Dugu Qiubai, with Kyoya standing a bit further on his left. Wearing the same school uniform as Kyoya and having a unique hairstyle, which is a thick black hair that is combed up into the 1950s 'punk' pompadour style.

Currently, they are currently at the abandoned shrine, which has been the repair of all the things that needed along newly purchased beds and so on, for daily needs.

Both Dugu Qiubai and Tsuna look at Tetsuya's unique hairstyle. Making both wonders how does one make their hairstyle like that. Overall, Dugu Qiubai and Tsuna wonder if Tetsuya decided this hairstyle on his own or someone forced him to have it.

"It will be my honor to watch over little Tsuna." Tetsuya said to Dugu Qiubai while doing his best not to cause any problem for his boss.

"Well..." Dugu Qiubai did not expect Kyoya would really be in a rich family, nor did he expect that said the rich family didn't bother to come here to speak with him, seeing how Kyoya spends a lot of money to repair the abandoned shrine along with getting it furniture. If that wasn't enough, Kyoya got a boy near his age to help out to watch over Tsuna too. "Whatever." Dugu Qiubai decided to adapt once more like he always does whenever he comes to a situation he needs to adapt. Of course, he won't be teaching Kyoya his swordplay. Since Dugu Qiubai can't quite see Kyoya being a swordsman.

Dugu Qiubai looks at Kyoya's body while analyzing what the best form of combat would suit him. It took a few seconds, but Dugu Qiubai finally got an idea of what to work with Kyoya. Once he compared Kyoya's future body figure with the one he has faced in the past. Furthermore, Dugu Qiubai is a little curious if Kyoya has the ability to produce [Inner Energy] or not. If he can, then Dugu Qiubai's teaching job would be a lot easier for him.

"Okay, we're going to do a quick spar, to see what I need to teach you." Dugu Qiubai said to Kyoya, as he has the theory of what to teach Kyoya, but he needs to confirm it first with some tests needed to be done. Just to be on the safe side.

Kyoya's eyes lit up with excitement and rush at the predator, to see how much of difference between him and the predator, even though Kyoya knew he will lose. But, Kyoya's desires to see this personally that this predator before him isn't a fake one. No matter how much his instinct tells him, that this predator is the real deal.

Dugu Qiubai barely took a sidestep, avoiding a neck shot by Kyoya, who spins around for an elbow strike to Dugu Qiubai's right side torso, but before he could. Dugu Qiubai did a light push at the right spot on Kyoya's back while in the middle of spinning. This leads to Kyoya's balance to completely throw off and made Kyoya lean more towards his right and falling while his left leg is forcibly lift off the guard.

"Careful now. You got to plan your attacks." Dugu Qiubai begins offering Kyoya tips on how to improve himself. "Do not rush in unless you can move faster than your opponents. Otherwise, you're just offering yourself up for opening attacks, for those that are faster than you, even then, if you can plan things out and time it right, then even the faster opponent would lose if face the right traps."

Kyoya quickly got up from the ground, looking for any openings and found some, but didn't rush in like before. Thinking about the advice his teacher just told him. Then, he came up with a plan to at least land a hit on his teacher.

"Remember, that there are some people that are willing to make a fake opening to draw in their foes to attack it as a trap for a follow-up counter." Dugu Qiubai gave his second advice after leading Kyoya to attack his left side, which he made an opening for Kyoya to take advantage of. Also, a test to see if Kyoya could even see the opening Dugu Qiubai made for Kyoya to take advantage of if he can take it, that is.

Kyoya scowls, for making an amateur mistake. Quickly, he got back on his feet after getting punched in the face, but not to the point of causing major harm, something Kyoya is baffled why his teacher is holding back so much strength against him, then realized how weak he is compared to his teacher; therefore, Kyoya understands now about why his teacher is holding back.

"Now, I'll give you a few minutes to think about what you did wrong and how to fix that." Dugu Qiubai just stands, looking at Kyoya with his usual smirk, while working on his [Inner Energy] to improve his body fitness during those few minutes of break.

Dugu Qiubai glance over at Tsuna, who is standing next to Tetsuya, looking at him in awe. Yet, Dugu Qiubai wonders if Tsuna is one of those natural quiet kids or was forced to be quiet while growing up. If it's the former, then Dugu Qiubai will have to think about most of his plans taking care of Tsuna whenever he isn't training. However, if it's the latter, then Dugu Qiubai really can't let Tsuna return back to his family and better off having stayed with strangers, who might take care of Tsuna better. Of course, he knows that some families would fight tooth and nail to get their children back, no matter how bad they treat them. What's theirs is theirs. The whole possession thing.

"Okay, I'm ready." Kyoya said to Dugu Qiubai, who breaks out of his inner thoughts.

"Great, let's resume." Dugu Qiubai just hopes Tsuna doesn't grow up unstable.

3