Chapter 3: My Bad!
42 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Chapter 3: My Bad!

A week later*

Dugu Qiubai frown as he finally learns about Tsuna's family or more like just people with the same blood.

It took some time, mostly it took Kyoya a week before digging up Tsuna's background. Dugu Qiubai did not like what he learned. Tsunayoshi Sawada is Tsuna's full name. The only child of Iemitsu Sawawa and Nana Sawada. Not much information about the father, which made Dugu Qiubai wonder who this man is. Nana, the mother, on the other hand, wasn't the best mother at all. In fact, Dugu Qiubai can't even say she should be called one.

For one thing. A parent should always be worried and panicking whenever they can't find their child or start thinking about where they are and find them to see if they are alright. Neither of Tsuna's parents has sought him out. Hell, Nana was in this very city and she didn't even show any signs of searching for her lost child, Tsuna. Just continue on with her daily life as if nothing is wrong with the world.

At this point, Dugu Qiubai thinks it isn't best for Tsuna to return to his family. Plus, with Dugu Qiubai's instinct letting him know that having Tsuna return to his family is a big mistake on his part. So, Dugu Qiubai decided that Kyoya would take care of Tsuna or more like, Dugu Qiubai made it as payment for Kyoya to get any lessons from him. In some people's eyes. Dugu Qiubai literally pushed Kyoya to adopt Tsuna into his family.

In hindsight, Dugu Qiubai wonders if he made a mistake or not, because now Tsuna is following Kyoya whenever he goes. Even copying Kyoya's way of speeches aka treating nearly everyone in the law of the jungle. But, Dugu Qiubai's instinct at least let him know, that Tsuna would be in good hands of Kyoya compared to his family, that are neglected him. Overall, Dugu Qiubai has no sympathy for Tsuna's parents if they ever decide to look for Tsuna. But, he highly doubts it unless they need Tsuna for something that others can't do. Turning Tsuna into a tool somewhat.

If so, then Dugu Qiubai will gladly show all of them why he is considered the best of the best. He is no hero nor a villain. Just someone who aims to find a worthy challenge to test his swordplay. Dugu Qiubai will gladly give up his life without any hesitation for a worthy fight.

However, that is a maybe in the future. For the time being, Dugu Qiubai has to think about what to do with his life now that the concern for Tsuna being taken care of is no longer something to worry about. Dugu Qiubai guesses he can go back to putting more time into training himself to refine his swordplay while at 30% of his former peak strength. Reducing the timeframe of 4 years before regaining back 50% of his peak strength.

Honestly, the 4 years was because Dugu Qiubai included the time to take care of Tsuna, but now that is gone. Dugu Qiubai could either speed up the process of reaching his former peak strength and having spare time to surpass it. But, Dugu Qiubai could also use the free time to do something else like maybe finding a hobby now that he back in modern time.

Now, that Dugu Qiubai thinks about it carefully. The main reason why he learns swordplay was to protect himself due to being in a time period filled with danger. As well as man romance for action. Furthermore, just the challenge alone gets his blood pumping, turning Dugu Qiubai into a battle manic in a matter of months during his time in the past. In other words, Dugu Qiubai's 90% of his life was mainly filled with fight and swordplay practices. The remaining 10% was before being sent into the past.

Rubbing his chin, Dugu Qiubai recalls anything he could take on as a hobby, but won't take too much of his time while he continues to train on his swordplay and daily breathing exercise.

Letting out a sigh, Dugu Qiubai can't really think up any good hobby at all, nor does he feel like he would have much interest in any other hobby unrelated to his swordplay. In fact, just sitting around at the shrine is making him a bit irritated in not doing anything. Well, he could just pass the time via breathing exercise, but he has done that for years, and right now is break time from doing it.

At this very moment. Dugu Qiubai realizes how boring his life is without anything to do outside of fighting, practice, and sleeping. Well, there are those times when he did many activities with his friend, which is a condor. Though, Dugu Qiubai wonders if channeling his [Inner Energy] into a condor's egg before it hatch cause a mutation or something. Because Dugu Qiubai still can't believe how intelligent his friend is compared to regular condors.

Now, that Dugu Qiubai begins thinking about the condor he left behind, which was out of his control. Dugu Qiubai hopes his old friend would be fine without him. Actually, there was a hobby Dugu Qiubai did on the side in the past, now that he thinks about his condor. It was mainly raising a condor and figuring the best way to train it to help him out in scouting and everything else Dugu Qiubai could think of.

Dugu Qiubai's eyes light up as he got an idea of what to do on the side. He might not have the best knowledge in taking care of a human child, but taking care of a baby condor and raising it into adulthood is possible for Dugu Qiubai to do.

Quickly, Dugu Qiubai head over to where Kyoyo's home is and where Tsuna living at as well for days now, and really hope Kyoya's family has a way to obtain an unhatched condor, otherwise it would be nearly impossible for Dugu Qiubai to use his experience in raising one.


The next day*

Dugu Qiubai finds himself bored again. After yesterday learning about Tsuna's background and deciding to obtain a condor's egg to hatch with his [Inner Energy]. Sadly, it was impossible to get a condor's egg in such a short period of time, nor is it possible to get one in Japan.

Well, Dugu Qiubai guesses he was plain lucky to obtain one in the past. Either way, Dugu Qiubai will just hope he can get one later on. Since it feels kinda weird now that Dugu Qiubai doesn't have a condor nearby. But, he can live without one. After all, he only obtained the condor's egg a few years into his journey to becoming the best.

Shaking his head. Dugu Qiubai decides that his youthful body might have influenced more on his mind than he thought. Calmly, Dugu Qiubai begins to practice the [Neigong]. After recalling how useful it is when he learned about it later on in the past to add-in together with his swordplay.

[Neigong] is about developing internal power. One way to possibly achieve this is to train in particular exercise regularly where the breath is matched with the movements of blood or to affect the movement of blood throughout the body. Through these exercises, it can be possible to move the blood to a particular area during a particular movement to have a particular result. One of the benefits of the practice of [Neigong] exercises is the relaxation of blood vessels, nerves, muscles, and sinews to help the body move more freely. With the body moving freely and an excess of blood moving to a particular area with little to no effort. One can possibly develop many benefits.

Among the many benefits that made Dugu Qiubai seek out a master of [Neigong] to learn under is the ability to move faster. Faster recovery from injury to the hands, which is very important to Dugu Qiubai as a swordsman. Furthermore, this also train the three types of energy available to humans.

The physical body (Jing), which is using the breath to empower himself. This is the first stage in [Neigong]. The energy of the breath.

The energy body (Qi) aka [Inner Energy], that is free for Dugu Qiubai to use in any way he desires. Something that Dugu Qiubai wished he learn early on to unlock his ability to produce [Inner Energy]. The second stage in [Neigong]. The energy of [Internal Power].

The divine consciousness (Shen). This is the stage where Dugu Qiubai barely made it. Also, the last stage for [Neigong] that gave him the help he needed to reach the level of using swordplay without a sword. There is still more to this stage than Dugu Qiubai could ever imagine and roughly guessed this is the energy of one's intention or something on that line.

So, for the entire day. Dugu Qiubai practices all three stages of [Neigong] until nightfall. Luckily, it has been long enough for Tsuna to be alright with staying with Kyoya and his family. Allowing Dugu Qiubai to do whatever he needed by himself. Of course, he will visit a few times, to make sure Tsuna is alright while training Kyoya in developing his own fighting style.


A month later*

Dugu Qiubai exhaled slowly, causing the air to split as if it was cut by a very sharp sword. Something Dugu Qiubai has been able to do the moment he restarted practicing the [Neigong] a month ago. Instead of the first week when he should of. Other than just the breathing exercise of the first stage of [Neigong] to improve his body. Honestly, it was better to do all three stages than just one now that he thinks about it. Either way, better now than later on like a year or so. Making Dugu Qiubai lose so much time instead of just losing a week's worth of practice in [Neigong] fully.

"Hmm. 35%. Faster than I thought." Dugu Qiubai mumbles to himself, for he didn't expect to finish what should take a year before gaining that 5%. Plus, his foundation is still stable too. Nothing wrong at all. Making Dugu Qiubai realized how powerful the [Neigong] is and making him wonder if there anything else he could do besides using it together with his swordplay.

Rubbing his chin. Dugu Qiubai figure reaching 100% of his previous peak wouldn't take that long. Let alone 50% in 4 years.

For the time being. Dugu Qiubai decided that 35% is good enough for him to scout this entire city out for any powerful martial artists that have survived up to now. Hopefully, this won't require him to leave Namimori in order to find them. After all, he still doesn't have any legal documents to even stay here in Japan. Nor any paperwork to allows him to return to China.


A few hours later*

Almost everyone in Namimori is gossiping about a random strange person wearing some weird clothes that should belong to ancient time, who has been targeting many local dojos and even local gang members.

To make it so shocking for everyone that heard about this little news. Not even the polices could even touch this person for the moment anyone tried to move in to take this strange man down. Everyone else would be knocked down unconscious and more unbelievable is the fact that this strange man did this with only with his bare hands. Furthermore, this strange man is abnormally strong and fast. To the point, where this strange man is able to crush a metal bat like it's made out of clay and taking down dozen of man in a matter of second. Armed or not. Everyone faced against this strange man is taken down in no time and with ease.

The only bright side to this whole messed up situation is the strangely dressed man went nonlethal. Taking down everyone he comes across with and the worst injuries were some broken bones and that's pretty much it.

The chaos this strange man has caused in Namimori couldn't be found the moment he took down a local powerhouse yakuza that deal with the underworld just an hour ago. Disappearing from the public view. Everything that has been done in a few hours was by a single man, making those that know about this think it is impossible and must be fake without seeing themselves personally. However, those that personally saw this and the victims that had been attacked by this strange man would beg to differ.

Dugu Qiubai, who is practicing his swordplay by rethinking about all the foes he had faced today and shockingly. He can move faster than the average human's eyes could see, of this time, and take down many before they could even do a thing to him. Even preventing those polices from getting the chance to even pull out their pistols, if he recalls the term correctly. Though, Dugu Qiubai is still curious about how he fares against those who is a master in the art of firearms.

Finishing his last sword swing. Dugu Qiubai sheath his sword and ponder the idea if he should leave the city or not. Once he remembers that this wasn't in the past and this is modern-day time. Because now that Dugu Qiubai thinks about it again. He is technically a criminal in the eyes of the laws due to attacking the law enforcers and unlike back in the past, where all those law enforcers are mainly just hired arms for coins and would easily abandon their jobs. While most of the law enforcers of modern-day are somewhat the same, but some might think of absolute justice or something on that line.

Sweating a bit, Dugu Qiubai starting to regret some of his actions and was too eagerly finding the chance to fight with people in this era. It's a good thing he didn't draw out his sword. Otherwise, things would become more complicated and would problematic than it already is. Making Dugu Qiubai think about more on how to develop his swordplay to cause less harm; well, less lethal really.

After all, in this time period. It's very frowned upon murder than in the past. This just causes Dugu Qiubai to have a bit of a headache as he thinks about it.

On the bright side, Dugu Qiubai can say for sure that nearly no one in this city could cause any problem for him in combat. If he can really call it that. Nonetheless, just a single finger seems to be enough to deal with others. Though, there should be some hidden experts somewhere hiding in this city. Dugu Qiubai could just use his [Inner Energy] as an aid to search for these hidden experts.

Maybe if he is lucky. Dugu Qiubai won't have to seek them out and they will come to him instead. Saving him the trouble of the time to find them.

Nodding his head at this. Dugu Qiubai quietly heads inside the shrine to make a quick meal to eat before doing anything else. Maybe practicing [Neigong] a bit more afterward.


The next day*

Dugu Qiubai calmly looks at Kyoya, who is looking at him with awe in his eyes while ignoring Tsuna trying to climb up his right shoulder. Only to fall down when his little hands can't hold his entire body up. Luckily no harm is done. Since Tsuna never manages to go up any higher than just an inch or two off the ground.

On the side are Kyoya's servants/workers trying their best not to be noticed or cause anyone's attention drawn to them.

Currently, Dugu Qiubai is sitting in Kyoya's living room. As it's at that time for him to visit his somewhat his student and Tsuna. Though, instead of Kyoya outright ask what kind of training Dugu Qiubai would put him through. Kyoya just invited Dugu Qiubai to just sit down and relax, then blankly stare at him for nearly 10 minutes now.

Dugu Qiubai wonders if maybe Kyoya figure it was him, who caused so much trouble yesterday or not. If so, he could understand why he is getting such silent treatment, or maybe Kyoya waiting for him to say something about yesterday. Well, Dugu Qiubai honestly can't think of anything, to begin with, nor did he feel like talking about yesterday unless he was asked about it.

Actually, now that Dugu Qiubai thinks about it. He should really find out if Kyoya has the ability to produce [Inner Energy] on his own or required practicing [Neigong] as he does. Since he couldn't find out how to produce [Inner Energy] like those natural genii in the past without the need to unlock the ability to.

"Someone in my family wants to meet you." Kyoya finally spoke up and no longer looking at his teacher in awe. Instead, he looking at one of the doors with a scowl.

Dugu Qiubai raises an eyebrow at this, then look in the same direction where Kyoya is looking. He didn't need to wait for even a second as the door slide open by one of the workers next to the door, allowing the person behind the door to come in the living room.

A toddler, that looks younger than Tsuna came walking in. The toddler looks similar to Kyoya's hairstyle, though differs by having a long braid and black eyes unlike Kyoya, who have gray eyes. Dressed in red, that makes Dugu Qiubai somewhat familiar with the outfit that is worn by the people in the past, including those that might be martial artists.

However, that wasn't the important thing for Dugu Qiubai. What's important is the fact, that he can detect a large amount of [Inner Energy] within the toddler. With 90% sealed inside that red pacifier attached to the toddler's collar.

Very interesting. Dugu Qiubai narrows his eyes at this toddler. While the toddler stares right back at him in return.

0