885 Where Did That White-Clad Hero Go?
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the same time, Jing Yi finally found Wu Min Huan after asking around on the Sect Master’s peak. It turned out the disciples guarding the gates of the Sect Master’s palace hadn’t even known where he lived. It really was embarrassing considering he had been Yuchi Bing Xia’s head disciple for such a long time.

Jing Yi ignored the person who had shamelessly followed alongside him and knocked. Silence answered him before the door was cracked open and an eye peered out.

"What?"

Jing Yi blinked at the eye. "Uh … senior martial brother Wu?"

"Yes, that’s me. What do you want?"

Qiu Ling frowned. What was this guy thinking, talking to his beloved like this? He wanted to scold him but Jing Yi turned around just in time and frowned at him, effectively shutting him up. Qiu Ling withered like a flower in winter and hung his head. Ugh, now his beloved was angry at him. It was all this guy’s fault!

Jing Yi turned back to Wu Min Huan when he was sure that Qiu Ling wouldn’t do anything outrageous again. "Senior martial brother Wu, I’m sorry for disturbing you. I don’t know if you remember me. I’m Zhong Jing Yi from the capital city. You brought me to the Yun Zou Sect back then."

"Zhong Jing Yi?" Wu Min Huan furrowed his brow before recognition flashed through his eyes. "You mean that Jing Yi who didn’t know how to write his name? Don’t tell me you also forgot to mention your family’s name?" He opened the door a little wider, revealing a pale face and a pair of sunken eyes.

Jing Yi was taken aback when he saw him. This person … Was he really that spirited and good-natured senior martial brother Wu he saw in the capital that day? This person looked nothing like him! Well, the appearance was generally the same but the vibe he gave off … Why did it remind him of his senior martial brother Yue from the Hei Dian Sect instead? Where had the white-clad hero he knew gone to?

Wu Min Huan cleared his throat and finally opened the door completely. "I apologize for bringing that up. You were very young back then, there’s no need to be embarrassed. Actually, I’ve seen a lot of children react the very same way when we brought them to the sect."

Jing Yi’s face flushed red when he found out that Wu Min Huan had no idea that he was reeling from the shock of seeing him and instead thought that this was because of the old story he had brought up. It was probably better this way but now he felt guilty because of what he had thought before. It wasn’t important how he looked at all.

Senior martial brother Yue Lin had also been very nice despite how he looked and reacted at first. He was just constantly over-worked. Ah, maybe senior martial brother Wu was similarly worn out from all the tasks the Sect Master was giving him? Then he shouldn’t take up too much of his time!

Jing Yi straightened up and cupped his fists. "Thank you, senior martial brother Wu, for bringing me to the Yun Zou Sect back then. I’ve really learned a lot in the years I’ve spent here. Actually, today I came because I had the good fortune to enter the inner sect. The Sect Master told me to come and find you so you could assign me to the suitable accommodations."

Wu Min Huan blinked. "Master … sent you to me?" He blinked again. How come someone was sent to him? How come he suddenly got a task again? What about that junior martial brother Yu of his? Shouldn’t he deal with this? Something was fishy about this …

Jing Yi nodded and smiled.

Qiu Ling frowned. "Of course, he did! Didn’t my beloved already say that? Why are you —"

His words were stifled by a hand. Qiu Ling instantly shut up. Mn. So he could actually get his beloved to cling to him with angry outbursts? He should try to do this more often in the future!

Jing Yi continued to clamp a hand over Qiu Ling’s mouth just in case. "Please, just ignore him, senior martial brother Wu."

Wu Min Huan looked at Qiu Ling, puzzled. Who was this person? He had never seen him before. Well, it probably couldn’t be blamed on him. It had only been about ten years since Jing Yi and Qiu Ling entered the Yun Zou Sect and Qiu Ling had only emerged in front of the normal disciples five years ago at the Gathering of Practitioners. After that, he had traveled with Jing Yi for almost a year, spent several weeks in the Hei Dian Sect and then traveled around to free Jing Yi from the secret realm in the Leyuan region. The time he had actually spent in the Yun Zou Sect probably only amounted to a pitiful few days. And most of those had been spent there after returning from the Leyuan region when Wu Min Huan had long secluded himself. Naturally, he didn’t know about this so-called disciple of Grandmaster Zhangsun.

Jing Yi cleared his throat when Wu Min Huan just stared at Qiu Ling. "Senior martial brother Wu, I’m really sorry that I have to disturb you for this. You’re probably very busy with everything the Sect Master wants you to do. Actually, it would be alright if you just point me in the right direction."

Wu Min Huan shook his head and turned back to Jing Yi. "Ah, no, no, it’s nice to see a familiar face. So, do you know to which peak you want to go in the future?"

"The Alchemy —" Jing Yi stopped and glanced at Qiu Ling, slowly retracting his hands. "It’s … Actually, I don’t mind either way."

Right. There was no need to go to the Alchemy peak any longer. After all, Qiu Ling and he … were no longer a couple.

0