Escaping from the Yun Zou Sect
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leng Jin Yu was woken up by the gentle pulsing of the transmission stone he carried around. He blinked his eyes in a daze and rubbed his forehead, trying to shake off the beautiful image that he had just seen is the in his dreams. Ah, after finding Jinde, he didn’t even need to be close to him anymore to remember bits and pieces of his past life. It was as if the barrier separating him from his memories had grown thinner.

He shook his head and pushed the thought aside, taking out the transmission stone and imbuing his spiritual energy. What appeared was the pale apparition of Jinde’s face. Leng Jin Yu’s gaze softened at the sight of his husband and his lips already curled into a smile. It had only been a few days since they last saw each other but he already missed him. Seeing him now … he felt like rushing back and pulling him into his arms. He wanted to greet him but Jinde interrupted him.

"Is there any place close to the Yun Zou Sect that can’t be casually reached by others? Preferably something where I can go fast?"

Leng Jin Yu tensed, his good mood shattered. Jinde didn’t sound outright panicked but there was a certain urgency to his words. And now that he took a closer look, he could also see that his brows were slightly drawn together. It seemed something had happened in the Yun Zou Sect. And if it was something that made him want to leave this place … He didn’t need to ask. "Are you able to leave the sect grounds?"

Jinde nodded curtly.

"Can you reach Zhangsun Xun Yi or somebody else in the sect that you know?"

Jinde shook his head. "No, and I have to leave fast."

Leng Jin Yu nodded and glanced over at Qiu Ling who had already stood up from where he had been staring at the sword. "Alright, leave the sect grounds first. We will come to get you. We can go to the Liu He Alliance."

Jinde furrowed his brows. "You will not reach in time." He couldn’t wait here until Leng Jin Yu and Qiu Ling came back. Even though these two were fast, Jin Ling was a demon. With their dark energy, he was able to disappear from one place and reappear at another in the blink of an eye. There was no way to outrun him. Furthermore, if Jin Ling caught even a glimpse of him, it would be too late. And if Leng Jin Yu and Qiu Ling came to the Yun Zou Sect, then they would only lure him over. Jin Ling wasn’t stupid, he would know that Jinde would try to meet up with somebody who could help him if he really was there.

Leng Jin Yu nodded and also furrowed his brows. He still felt that the Liu He Alliance was the best place for Jinde to go to for now. But how … "The tea set! Do you remember that painted tea set I have? It’s a present from an old friend and has some connection to the Liu He Alliance. You can take that to ask entry even though I’m not there. Ask to see Alliance Head Hua. He will certainly shelter you."

Jinde got up without questioning further and hurried to get a cup of the tea set. He put it into a bag and tied it to his waist before he grabbed a veiled hat that was long enough to cover his hair and then went to the door. He glanced around, trying to see if Jin Ling was anywhere close by.

With his soul still not healed, he was unable to perceive anybody around him if they didn’t release their energy on purpose. And Jin Ling wasn’t someone who would do this kind of thing. He was the kind of person that would stealthily sneak around and observe the situation before he made his move.

Jinde’s eyes flashed with hurt when he thought back to their time together in the dragon realm. How often had that child sneaked up to him, ambushing him to get a hug and have him pat his head? When he had looked up at him, his eyes had sparkled happily, suffused with a warmth that he had never felt before. Even Chun Yin hadn’t been able to let him feel this type of warmth. He couldn’t believe that he was actually trying to hide from that cute child now.

He clenched his hands into a fist but forced himself to calm down. He couldn’t change the past. He could only go with the flow now until his soul was healed. After that … maybe there would be a chance to make up.

He took another glance but still didn’t see even a corner of Jin Ling’s robe. It seemed like he wasn’t there.

Jinde raised the transmission stone again and looked at Leng Jin Yu with reluctance. "I’ll try to get out. Where do I have to go afterward?"

"Northeast. If you fly for a few hundred Li, you should see a town there. Stop there and ask for directions. It’s better than me trying to explain."

Jinde nodded and took a deep look at his husband’s face. If this went wrong … He smiled and finally cut the connection, putting the transmission stone away. He had to focus every bit of energy he still had to move now.

He once again glanced around and rushed out. Ah, if only he wasn’t injured. Then this wouldn’t be a problem at all. Unfortunately … Things weren’t that easy. He approached the edge of the Yun Zou Sect’s sect grounds, his energy flickering dangerously. He could feel the drain on his soul and scrunched up his face. He could only hope that this Liu He Alliance wasn’t too far away. Otherwise …

He shook his head and didn’t think about it any longer. For now, he only had to reach that town. Everything else could wait.

0