192 Karma Was Imminent
157 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jing Yi smiled at him. "I said that there’s a Madam Qiguan in one of the villages where I lived before mommy took me to the capital. She told me she had a son who was called Cheng Da and that he went to a deity sect. Big brother Wu Min Huan said that the place we’ll be going to is a deity sect so … are you that Cheng Da?"

Qiguan Cheng Da’s face seemed to have been frozen in a smile. "Then which village did you come from?"

"Uh … a village." Jing Yi blinked. Had their village had a name? That couldn’t be! Even the capital didn’t have a name. It was just … the capital.

Qiguan Cheng Da’s brows twitched. "Then what about your mother? Who is she?"

"My mommy." Jing Yi blinked again. Why was he asking this? Hadn’t he already told him? Could it be this big brother didn’t hear that well?

"Yes, but what’s her name?"

"Mommy. I only call her mommy."

"And other people? What do they call her?"

Jing Yi tilted his head. Other people … Ah! He straightened up and his eyes sparkled when he thought of something. "My friend Shao Hai calls her auntie!"

Qiguan Cheng Da’s expression darkened. "That’s not what I wanted to know. What do other people call her?"

"Other people?" Jing Yi tilted his head. "You mean like sister Nie?"

"Who —" Qiguan Cheng Da groaned. "Anyone! How is anyone calling her? People who meet her on the streets. That kind of person!"

"Oh. They call her Madam Zhong."

"Zhong." Qiguan Cheng Da’s lips curled up further. "Your father wouldn’t be called Zhong Lei, would he?"

Jing Yi shook his head. "No. They called him Mister Zhong. They also call uncle Zhong Mister Zhong though."

"I see." Qiguan Cheng Da nodded. Getting anything out of this boy was surprisingly hard. "Then what about you? What’s your name?"

"Jing Yi. Most people call me Jing Yi. Mommy calls me Jing’er though and Shao Hai calls me Xiao Yi."

"Jing Yi. Zhong Jing Yi …" Qiguan Cheng Da nodded once again, slower this time. It seemed he had been right. This brat was exactly the same one that had made him lose face back when he went to visit the village. The one that had been possessed by some evil cultivator. It seemed … karma was imminent now.

He smiled and leaned forward, taking a measuring look at Jing Yi. "So it’s Jing Yi. Why did you come here? You certainly wouldn’t have wanted to become like me, would you?"

Jing Yi shook his head. "It’s because of my father. He was a hero and he wants me to become a hero too. And Shao Hai’s father said that they wear white robes like big brother Wu Min Huan. So I wanted to come here and get a white robe too."

"You came … to the Yun Zou Sect to get a white robe?" Was this child nuts? Well, no wonder. A brat from that kind of village … most of them were rather simple-minded. He shouldn’t have expected anything else. Especially from somebody who had been an experiment done by a demonic cultivator. "So, Jing Yi, what about your spirit veins? What type of spirit veins do you have?"

"A full cup!"

"A full … cup?" Qiguan Cheng Da’s brows twitched. "You mean you have full spirit veins."

"Mn!" Jing Yi nodded. "Isn’t that great?"

"I don’t think so. You have to know full spirit veins aren’t anything good. You’ll … have to work especially hard to become a real cultivator with that kind of aptitude." He smiled and straightened up again.

His own aptitude wasn’t much higher than Jing Yi’s but after several years in the sect, he felt that he was above somebody who was only about to start. This child … he was merely a mortal while he himself … was already on his way to becoming a real immortal. They couldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence at all.

"Oh." Jing Yi nodded and didn’t question Qiguan Cheng Da’s words at all. He even felt lucky that there was somebody he knew more or less now that he had come to this sect. If anything went wrong, he could always ask this big brother Qiguan Cheng Da! Ah, no, he wasn’t his big brother yet. He first needed to get his white robe so that he could call him brother. "Then … what should I do?"

"Well, the first step would be to go and get a room. After that … wait for the tasks that will be assigned to you. If you do them so that your future senior martial brothers are satisfied, then nothing will stand in your way to becoming a great hero."

"So it’s like that! Thank you for telling me, big brother Qiguan! Then I’ll go and get a room now!" Jing Yi beamed and ran inside, happily hurrying to all the doors to check if there was still place for one more person inside.

Qiguan Cheng Da watched him leave and his eyes narrowed. This child … He would pay him all of the humiliation back that he had suffered that day. And the first step toward that … would be to make sure this child wouldn’t get any wrong ideas about his aptitude. Letting him stay here to do some chores was good enough for him. There certainly was no way he could also let him start cultivating. Ah, some people just didn’t deserve good things in life. Their sins and the sins of their families were just too great to allow that. While others … even if they had to go through tough times, they would still get what they deserved in the end.

5