277 Such a Face
70 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jing Yi really wanted to reach to the side and tug at Shao Hai’s sleeve to get a second opinion on this. Just why was this man looking like this? And why did it seem as if he was looking in their direction?

Just when he wondered about that, a dull thud sounded behind them. The connection between the two people broke and Jing Yi glanced over his shoulder, his brows jumping up. There was actually a martial sister lying on the ground.

"What happened?" One of the Elders made his way over and frowned.

"She fainted."

"How come she fainted even before the Gathering?" The Elder hurriedly waved at two other disciples to carry her away. Really, these disciples! Losing their sect so much face in front of everyone!

"It’s not our fault!"

"He … he … he looked right at us!" stammered one of the other disciples with flushed cheeks. She still felt like Qiu Ling’s gaze was burning her to ashes.

Actually, those martial sisters had no reason to be like this. As practitioners or cultivators did they really need a husband or a child to continue the line of their family? But, well, they were all human at the end of the day. If they saw a good-looking person, then the chances were high that they’d take a second look and have their own thoughts about them. Especially if it was someone like Qiu Ling.

"Eh, did Grandmaster Zhangsun say he was his disciple just now?" asked another one, perfectly displaying what all these martial sisters thought.

Being handsome was great but you had to have status too! This was even more important for those on the path to becoming an immortal as it was for normal humans. After all, a long life might bring trouble with a lot of people and this world wasn’t peaceful anyway. Having a strong backer was always welcome.

The other martial sisters nodded. Even though the stage was a bit farther away and elevated, one could still hear loud and clear what the people above were saying if they spoke. After all, those were the honored guests of the Yun Zou Sect. If they wanted to praise someone, they should have the opportunity, no?

"You’re right! Ah, he’s not just drop-dead gorgeous, he also has such a high status! I feel like I’m falling in love!"

"Hmph. Get in line! I’ve already fallen in love with him when he flew over!"

Jing Yi’s gaze darted from one martial sister to another. It seemed being a hero wasn’t easy. That man would have to deal with so many women. Jing Yi pitied him.

Indeed. One could only pity Qiu Ling. His beloved might have noticed his heated gaze but he hadn’t understood and, even worse, those women had thought it had been directed at them. Hmph. He wasn’t happy with this result. But, oh well, it was a start. He would slowly work toward their future happiness. And today was exactly the right day for that. He would use the Gathering to show off his awesomeness. At the end of the day, Jing He would certainly recognize how incredibly skilled and handsome he was! By then, he would definitely sink into his arms and let himself be carried off!

Qiu Ling smiled, garnering even more attention and making the female disciples clamor louder. Thankfully, not all of them were from the Yun Zou Sect. Quite a few of those that came from other sects had also clustered together and were excitedly whispering with each other, all the while peeking over at Qiu Ling.

Elder Suo was dismayed. He remembered that boy and the fact that he had become Grandmaster Zhangsun’s disciple said a lot about his talent. But why did he have to have such a face? What would happen to this Gathering if things went on like this?

The uproar was indeed growing a little out of hand. It wasn’t just the martial sisters. The representatives from the other sects also discussed with each other. Of course, this had less to do with Qiu Ling’s looks and was rather due to the fact that Grandmaster Zhangsun had taken in a disciple so suddenly.

Nobody had anticipated this. But even if they had, this would still have them on their toes. Someone like Zhangsun Xun Yi would never take in a mediocre disciple. That had to mean that the young man in front of them was a rare talent. They couldn’t help but wonder what this would entail for them.

Especially the other first-tier sects were getting nervous. What if the Yun Zou sect managed to cultivate that disciple into someone as outstanding as their Sect Master or — even more troublesome — as Grandmaster Zhangsun himself? If they had three such heavyweights around, then they would rank higher among the first-tier sects. What would become of their sect then? They might lose out on talents and resources because of that!

The Elders motioned to their eldest disciples to inform their respective sects. Thus, an assortment of paper cranes of every possible color soon left the Yun Zou Sect with the message that Grandmaster Zhangsun had taken in a disciple, shocking the whole cultivation world.

Yuchi Bing Xia looked at everything with resignation. Did they really have to react like headless chicken? They were from the same faction, for Heaven’s sake! It wasn’t like they had been informed that Grandmaster Shen An De from the demonic faction had taken in a disciple. That would have been a real reason to worry!

He didn’t say anything though and just let them be, using the opportunity to take a look at Yu Jin. The youth was still looking at the ground, his face was still as impassive as ever. Ah, maybe he should have also let people make a fuss about it when he took him in?

As if Yu Jin had felt the Sect Master’s gaze, he raised his head and glanced over. Yuchi Bing Xia smiled and turned back to the front, making sure that the disciples that had sent the messages had all returned. Then he finally stood up, smoothed out his long sleeves and cleared his throat. "I once again thank all our esteemed guests that they have taken the long way to our humble Yun Zou Sect upon them to take part in this year’s Gathering of Practitioners. I won’t bore you with a long-winded speech. Let’s just begin with the first round. Please." He motioned at the Elder in charge of announcing the fights, signaling the beginning of that year’s Gathering.

2