297 Let’s Spend Some Time Together
88 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In his hiding place, Qiu Ling clutched his chest. "My love! How can you say that in good conscience?"

Xiao Dong was completely shell-shocked as well. This … Why was His Majesty’s beloved saying something like that? "That … Uh. I really don’t understand you. What don’t you like about him? He’s handsome and strong and has a high status. Isn’t he awe-inspiring all over? What’s not to love about him?!"

Jing Yi frowned. "But is that really what makes one fall in love?" He had always thought that … well, falling in love didn’t depend on such superficial things.

Xiao Dong slid his fingers through his hair. "My mother always said she fell in love with my father’s hair."

Jing Yi looked at Xiao Dong’s hair. So, being handsome was really enough to fall in love with someone?

Xiao Dong winced. Damn, Jing Yi was still not convinced. He had to do something! "Then, why don’t you go and get to know him better? He just said he’d give you seven days’ time to think it over. That doesn’t mean he’ll only return after a week, does it?"

Qiu Ling pursed his lips. In fact, he had planned to do just that. After all, that was what had made his relationship with Jing He reach the next level. But in this case, it might really be better to go with the flow. Yes, he should do that.

Qiu Ling hurried out of his hiding place and around the building and encountered Jing Yi and Xiao Dong at the next crossroad. Totally coincidentally, of course.

His eyes lit up and he hurried forward and grabbed Jing Yi’s hands. "Jing He!"

"I’m called Jing Yi."

"Mn." Qiu Ling nodded but it didn’t seem like he was paying attention. In fact, he wasn’t. He felt like he hadn’t seen him forever so he had to look at him a while longer.

"Senior martial brother …"

"Ah, just call me Qiu Ling, my love."

"Senior martial brother Qiu, you —"

"Just Qiu Ling is alright. Really. There is no need to be so formal between us."

Xiao Dong looked at the two of them and silently withdrew. When Jing Yi glanced over to ask for help, he was already alone with Qiu Ling. Well, in that case, he might as well follow Xiao Dong’s advice and get to know Qiu Ling better. After the seven days were over, he could give him his answer. That was the least he could do, wasn’t it? "Then, Qiu Ling, did you come over because of something specific?"

Qiu Ling nodded and inched closer. "I missed you. I wanted to see you."

Jing Yi didn’t know what to say anymore. How come this man was so sure about his feelings? Was that the difference in age?

Qiu Ling smiled at his confused expression. "What is it, my love? Just tell me!"

"You … You seem really sure about this."

"But of course!" His beloved was finally old enough for him to see him and get close to him and this time, his beloved didn’t have such an infuriating father who would try to sabotage him on every step of the way! This was just too perfect!

"But why? I still don’t understand."

"You will. I promise someday you’ll fall in love with me just as much as I’ve fallen in love with you. And then you will understand." He lifted his hand and gently brushed Jing Yi’s hair back. It wasn’t the same satiny feeling Jing He’s hair had but it was nice all the same.

Actually, though he was vain and put much emphasis on appearances he wouldn’t have cared about it with Jing He. This was the person he loved. Though he had been attracted by his appearance at first that wasn’t the most important thing. The most important thing was still this person, this soul. Regardless of how he or any of his reincarnations looked, he would still follow him all the same.

"Jing He, my love, I know I was probably too hasty yesterday. I just couldn’t contain myself. If you need more time than these seven days, then you can have them. Just … Just give me a chance, alright? Let me prove my worth to you. I’m sure you’ll like me."

"Mn. Alright." Jing Yi tried to take his hands back though. Who knew what the other person might have touched beforehand?

Qiu Ling held onto them stubbornly. "Seeing as we’ve met here so coincidentally, why don’t we take a stroll? It’s such nice weather today. Actually, I don’t know much about the sect. I arrived five years ago but my Master put me through training the whole time so I never had the opportunity to have a good look around."

Qiu Ling’s words managed to divert Jing Yi’s attention. "You came here five years ago as well?"

"Ah, did you arrive at the same time, my love?" Qiu Ling feigned ignorance. "This must be fate! Heaven wants us to be connected!"

Jing Yi’s lips twitched. "Quite a few people arrived five years ago."

"What a coincidence!" Qiu Ling smiled brightly.

Jing Yi didn’t retort but he had his thoughts about it. Even though he normally believed in what people said, he wasn’t an idiot. And in this case, it was pretty obvious that Qiu Ling was desperately trying to find some connection between them.

"You do seem quite old to have only arrived five years ago."

Qiu Ling’s brows twitched. Had his beloved just called him old? "I’m twenty … seven."

Did he hesitate there just now? Jing Yi blinked. He had heard of cultivators not growing older anymore when they reached a certain level. Maybe Qiu Ling had already managed that?

If that was the case, then he had to be a really good cultivator. The Elders and Masters all looked so old already. They should have taken a longer time than him to attain that level. He had to be a real genius!

Qiu Ling unwittingly smiled when he felt that worshiping gaze on him. Ah, being admired by the person he cared the most about felt really good. What had he said just now? His age? How come that was suddenly worthy of admiration? Ah, whatever, he should just relish it and continue with his plan! "So what do you say, my love? Let’s have a look around?"

Jing Yi nodded. "Alright." He took back his hands and started in the direction Xiao Dong and he had been going in.

Qiu Ling still smiled. He hurried after him and quite naturally took his hand again. He had a lot of experience with being shameless when it came to wooing someone. And in contrast to Jing He, this mortal reincarnation of his should be easier to deal with. After all, he didn’t have that cumbersome identity of the Son of Heaven.

2