332 Can’t Even Fault Him
63 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Qiu Ling’s eyes narrowed in pleasure at the thought that nobody would be competing for his beloved’s affection anymore after this was done. Then he rubbed his head on Jing Yi’s chest, wrinkling his robe and guiding Shao Hai’s gaze back to the half-opened lapel.

The realization what this sight had to mean, finally sank in. Shao Hai gaped. That … That scoundrel was trying to take advantage of his Xiao Yi! "I …" Shao Hai’s mouth opened and closed and he licked his lips. Something like this was a great offense. He couldn’t let it continue. He had to scare this guy off! "I … I’ll kill you!"

Qiu Ling blinked. "What for?"

"Because you’ve tried to take advantage of my future wife!"

"Hah?" Qiu Ling raised his brows. "I don’t know what you’re talking about. Why would I want to take advantage of your future wife if I have someone as beautiful as Jing He at my side?"

Jing Yi’s lips twitched. That guy still hadn’t gotten his name right and neither had he gotten up! "Senior martial brother Qiu, why don’t you get up to talk about that?"

"Ah, my love, don’t worry. I won’t just leave! I’ll stay with you!" He bent down to kiss Jing Yi but Shao Hai finally charged at him, trying to grab Qiu Ling and pull him off the bed.

The dragon king frowned. This guy! Not only had he stolen his beloved’s first kiss from him, but he even dared to disturb them when things were getting good. He had to be punished!

He propped himself up on one elbow and greeted Shao Hai with a kick that let him crash heavily onto the floor. Qiu Ling smiled smugly. Hah! That’s what you’ll get for messing with me! He looked at Shao Hai’s sorry figure in a good mood and couldn’t help but add insult to injury. "Now that I think about it: What are you doing here? Barging into somebody else’s room this early in the morning …" He shook his head. "My beloved clearly didn’t invite you in. What if he had been doing something that shouldn’t be seen by strangers? How inappropriate!"

Shao Hai gritted his teeth. "You’re the inappropriate one! You’re the stranger! I was just checking up on a friend! What’s so bad about that? But you … you … Ugh!" He stood up and clenched his fists. "You came to his room to shamelessly take advantage of him!"

"Tch!" Qiu Ling didn’t feel guilty at all. "What shamelessly taking advantage? What stranger? I’m his fiance!"

This response effectively shut Shao Hai up.

It also stunned Jing Yi. This … when had that guy become his fiance? "Senior martial brother Qiu …" Jing Yi wanted to rectify the matter at once but Shao Hai reacted faster.

"You … You actually accepted his proposal, Xiao Yi? Then what about me? I’ve been pursuing you for years!" He looked at Jing Yi with his eyes tearing up. Seeing Jing Yi’s confused look as if he didn’t understand at all, Shao Hai turned on his heel and ran out. He couldn’t believe this was happening! How come his Xiao Yi wanted to marry another man?! What about him? What about that year in the capital and the almost five years here in the Yun Zou Sect? Was all of that worthless in his eyes?!

Qiu Ling grinned. "Don’t forget to close the door behind you!"

Of course, only silence could be heard outside. Shao Hai’s mind was occupied with questioning his life.

Qiu Ling sighed. "Ah, children these days … Well, whatever." He turned back to Jing Yi and rubbed his hands. "How about we continue where we left off?" Before he got an answer, his hand already returned to Jing Yi’s neck.

"Senior martial brother. Stop it."

Qiu Ling sighed again. "I know the atmosphere isn’t right anymore. But you don’t have to worry: Just give me a bit of time and I’ll make sure you’re in the mood again!"

Jing Yi looked at him with a deadpan expression. "The door’s still open."

"Oh. Let me close it for you!" Qiu Ling’s gaze didn’t leave Jing Yi’s face for even a moment.

"Yes, please do so." Jing Yi prepared to leap to his feet as soon as Qiu Ling stood up to close the door.

Unfortunately, he shouldn’t get that opportunity.

Qiu Ling carelessly waved and a breeze closed the door. Ah, being a dragon really had its perks! Now, he could continue what he had started. He bent down, his lips aiming for Jing Yi’s neck. Mn … This time, nobody would —

A hand made contact with his forehead and prevented him from bridging the last gap between himself and Jing Yi’s fair skin.

Qiu Ling pursed his lips and tried to reach him like that but it was still too far. In the end, he could only sigh and look up. "What is it, my love? Are you really not in the mood anymore? Just trust me!"

"It’s not about that. What made you say you’re my fiance in front of Shao Hai?"

Qiu Ling blinked. "Well, he said I’m a stranger but I’m clearly your fiance. Isn’t it the right thing to tell him?"

Jing Yi frowned. So that hadn’t just been to anger Shao Hai? That guy really thought that? "Since when have you been my fiance?"

"Well, we’re not married yet. What else would I be if not your fiance?"

Jing Yi’s lips moved but he didn’t get any sound out. He really didn’t know how to communicate with this person!

"Mn, it’s alright. I know you’re shy." Qiu Ling plucked Jing Yi’s hand from his forehead and tried once again.

"That’s not it! I’ve rejected you. Have you forgotten already?"

Qiu Ling froze. "But … haven’t you reconsidered?"

"No! What gave you the impression?"

Qiu Ling tilted his head. "Well … the kissing and cuddling?"

Jing Yi was floored. This time, he couldn’t even fault Qiu Ling for it.

2