375 Completely Inexplicable
55 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
In case you're not following me and thus didn't see the announcement: I was sick so I had to reduce my releases for the last two weeks. By now, I'm already feeling better so I'll get back to work on the OMF revision. I'll also try to make up for the chapters you missed out on but it'll take quite a while until I finish with all of them.

Jing Yi wasn’t in a very good mood. Even though he himself had decided to leave the capital, he still couldn’t help but feel regretful. He had finally had the chance to catch up with his mother and tell her all about what had happened in the past five years, he had been able to spend his time with her again just like he had done when he was young. Losing out on this time really wasn’t what he wanted.

He sighed when he glanced over his shoulder again but then just followed Qiu Ling further away from the capital.

As for the dragon king … Qiu Ling also glanced over his shoulder. Actually, he was quite happy that they had left the city. Never mind that stupid cousin of his beloved that had originally tried to steal his Jing He from him before inexplicably coming up with the plan to steal him from Jing He instead. No, that girl was too dumb to be a threat. But there were others! This whole capital city was full of scheming women who wanted to marry either him or his beloved. It was much better not to return here until the two of them had gotten married and couldn’t be separated anymore. Mn, yes, that was what he should do.

He inched closer to Jing Yi and gave him a smile. "So … What do you want to do? Is there any other place you want to go to?"

Qiu Ling’s question managed to pull Jing Yi out of his depressing thoughts and he started to seriously ponder what to do. "Well … the goal is to find out how to cultivate and attain a higher level, isn’t it?"

Qiu Ling shrugged his shoulder. His own goal was to make his beloved fall in love with him but, well, he probably shouldn’t say that out loud.

"I’m not quite sure how to go about that. Shao Hai …" Jing Yi trailed off and looked at Qiu Ling with a complicated expression. "You do remember Shao Hai, right?" He felt that the circumstances under which Qiu Ling and Shao Hai had met for the first time had been rather memorable but … this person in front of him couldn’t remember anyone’s names. He should better ask him beforehand to make sure they were talking about the same person.

Qiu Ling nodded without hesitation though. "Sure, ah, isn’t he that scoundrel that just barged into your room uninvited to take advantage of you?" There was no way he’d forget that face! Especially since that wasn’t the only misdeed this guy had done. No, he had also stolen his beloved’s first kiss from him! This person was at the top of his most dangerous love rivals right now.

Jing Yi’s lips twitched. Who the one was that had barged into his room and taken advantage of him seemed to be a subject they’d still need to discuss further. Well, now wasn’t the right time for that though. "I see. You really remember him."

Qiu Ling gave a hum and then looked at his beloved’s reincarnation expectantly.

"Anyway, Shao Hai knows a lot of people in the sect and has always kept his ears open for any information even regarding the cultivators. He told me that other than grasping the concept of cultivation, one would also need lots of fortuitous encounters. That’s something you can’t make happen. Apparently, there are places where they would be more likely to occur but nothing is certain."

"So … you don’t know where to go."

Jing Yi’s cheeks flushed. "That … Well, yes, I don’t know." Jing Yi lowered his head and looked away. It was unreasonable to go on such a journey without knowing anything, wasn’t it? He was probably dragging Qiu Ling down as well. If he wasn’t there, Qiu Ling would likely train or go on some missions and attain a higher level as a practitioner. Now, he was out here with him and they didn’t even have a direction.

Qiu Ling didn’t think much about it. If his beloved wanted to cultivate and there were places where that would be more likely to happen, then he’d bring him there. Wasn’t that a given? "So do you have any idea what kind of places that are? We could just go there and give it a try. What is the worst thing that could happen?"

Jing Yi nodded hesitantly. "It won’t be bothering you, will it?"

"No, why would it?" Qiu Ling shook his head with confusion. The only thing that was bothering him was that he still didn’t know much about human cultivation even after living in the Yun Zou Sect for five years. Most of these things were completely inexplicable to him.

Well, it wasn’t much of a surprise: Cultivation wasn’t natural to humans. It was something they had discovered and were since practicing but it wasn’t an inherent talent. Even somebody that was born with heavenly spirit veins wouldn’t start cultivating by themselves. They would need to be found by a Master and taken in or at least needed to happen upon something like a manual that would be able to explain how cultivation worked to them. Only then could they step on this path.

On the other hand, dragons were naturally born with water and wind spirit veins and instinct to use their inherent abilities. Even a three-year-old dragon that was still considered a newborn in their realm would be able to draw out some elements to play with them. And this ability would naturally become higher the longer they lived. They could train it as well but even if they didn’t expand a conscious effort to do so, it would happen sooner or later.

Thus this manner of going out to experience the world, stumble upon some secrets and become stronger was completely lost on Qiu Ling. Well, if his beloved wanted to do it, he would still go and do these things with him. He just needed him to tell him a direction.

Unfortunately … Jing Yi could only smile wryly. He had very intently listened to Shao Hai’s and Xiao Dong’s stories but … he hadn’t known anything and thus never asked more deeply. How could he have managed to grasp onto such an important detail?

2