397 More Likely Than Before
44 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two of them finally managed to borrow some ingredients from one of the other villagers. In fact, it took Jing Yi quite a bit of talking to make sure that this would really only be borrowing and that he would give something back in return. The villagers were hell-bent on making a good impression on the supposed Daoist Master that was going to marry him, as well as his immensely powerful father-in-law, so they wanted to give them half of what they had at home without asking for any compensation.

Jing Yi really didn’t know what should do about that and could only try to negotiate with them. He sighed when he sat down back at home and held his head. "Maybe we should have said something after all when we heard that story. Now they’re behaving like this. It’s quite a headache."

Qiu Ling took the ingredients and went to the kitchen, starting to prepare their meal. "You shouldn’t think too much about it. They’re going to believe whatever they want anyway. And if you tell them that it wasn’t like they thought, then they’ll just come up with something else. Who knows if that wouldn’t be even worse? I wouldn’t give it a try if I was you."

"Still, I can’t help but feel bad about this. These ingredients are something they need as well. Just taking it … Isn’t that a bit too much?"

Qiu Ling glanced at him and shook his head. "We’re just two people. And anyway, how much longer do you want to stay here? If it’s not for long, then we will hardly use anything. They can have the rest back."

Jing Yi leaned back and bit his lower lip. Thinking of it that way, Qiu Ling was right. Then they probably shouldn’t stay for too long. "Well, tomorrow, I’d like to go and try to contact my grandfather. I feel it’s better if we clear this up now. The longer I wait, the more awkward it’ll get if I see him again. He might be angry because I told him off that way."

Qiu Ling pursed his lips. As if he would ever be angry at his beloved! "I don’t think you have to worry about that. In the end, it’s also his fault that you got angry. He lied to you first. It’s normal that you would have such a reaction when you find out. It’s already good for him that you forgave him this easily without him even needing to explain himself. So I think that he’d rather feel embarrassed and won’t appear if you don’t call for him to come out of hiding. But if you do, then he’ll just be happy that you’re willing to talk to him again."

Jing Yi nodded and heaved a sigh of relief. "I’m feeling much better now that you’re saying that. I really didn’t know what to do with about this."

"Well, I have lived a bit longer than you. There were some people that weren’t always happy with me. I think that for the most part, there’s always a way to salvage the situation." Qiu Ling stopped cooking and filled two bowls, carrying them over to the table before he sat down next to Jing Yi. "I think it’s even more so in this case. Didn’t you say that you regard him as family? I’m sure he thinks of you the same way. So there’s no way for him to be mad at you at anything for a long time." Qiu Ling looked the other way and hid his smile behind the bowl, thinking that this was indeed a very apt description. Yes, there was no way he would ever be angry at his beloved. Whatever his beloved did, it was a beautiful sight to behold. Where would he find it in himself to get angry at that? Being treated to such a wonderful sight was something he had to be happy about!

Thankfully, Jing Yi had no idea what Qiu Ling was thinking. He was just happy that he had told him about his problem. Most likely, he shouldn’t think too much in the future anymore. So what if it was embarrassing? Wasn’t it good as long as they could talk about it and find a way to deal with it? Thinking of that, Jing Yi picked up his chopsticks and joined Qiu Ling in eating dinner.

The two of them went to bed after they finished, laying only a few inches apart. In the middle of the night, Qiu Ling even reached over, his hand clasping Jing Yi’s. Jing Yi opened his eyes and glanced over, barely making out Qiu Ling’s silhouette on the other bed.

He couldn’t help but feel that this kind of life wasn’t bad. Even if he didn’t manage to become a cultivator, after all, he could probably get used to traveling around like this.

Anyway, he was getting along much better with Qiu Ling than he would have thought in the beginning. He didn’t know yet if this was love but he definitely felt that his mother had been right. He just had to give it more time. In the end, he would naturally know what the right thing to do was. Maybe he would indeed marry him. Right now, he just wasn’t able to say it. But at the very least, he felt that it was more likely than it had been before.

Thinking like that, he smiled to himself and closed his eyes again, going back to sleep. Anyway, there were still quite a few things to do. Tomorrow, he would have to take care of the matter with his grandfather and after that, there would be the rest of the year where he would need to figure out how to cultivate.

Maybe he would really find some inspiration as to how to take in spiritual energy and use it. Otherwise, there actually wasn’t any need to think further. After all, Qiu Ling’s Master had already said that this was something he expected of him.

2