398 No End to His Fantasizing
56 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Jing Yi woke up the next morning, the first thing he saw was that hand that was still holding onto his. He smiled and looked up further, coming face to face with Qiu Ling.

"You’re awake already?"

Jing Yi nodded. "Mn. What about you? You’ve been up for a while?"

Qiu Ling shook his head even though he had been awake for quite some time. It reminded him of that one night he had spent in Jing He’s palace back in the Nine Heavens, right before his beloved had to leave for his trial. That night, he had convinced him to let him stay.

Needless to say, he hadn’t slept much that night. While his beloved needed some time to get used to this feeling of sleeping in his embrace, he had still fallen asleep after he did and then slept until the moment he left. As for Qiu Ling though … He couldn’t help but lie awake and look at him.

Jing He’s sleeping face was incomparably beautiful. Even more so than when he was awake. For once, there was not the slightest trace of guardedness in him. But maybe that wasn’t because he was asleep but because he had truly let his guard fall in front of him. Maybe he was willing to trust him to this degree already. That had been a wonderful thought that night and it had kept him awake for longer than he would like to admit.

In the end, he had only slept for a few hours before he finally rose even before the sun. After all, while Jing He had allowed him to stay, he also understood his beloved’s thoughts. He might not mind him being there but he would mind if somebody else found out. So Qiu Ling could only leave and return after the sun had risen.

Still, he wouldn’t want to miss that night. It was one of the most delightful he had ever had despite the hours of sleep he missed. If he could repeat it, he would instantly do so.

Well, it wasn’t long anymore until he would be able to do so. As soon as Jing He’s trial ended and his soul returned to the Nine Heavens, the two of them would get married. Then he would take him back to his palace and could spend every single night of the year with him. Ah, he’d have to make sure he slept for at least a few hours though. Otherwise, his beloved might be unhappy if he became ugly because of his lack of sleep.

"Qiu Ling?" Jing Yi raised his brows and leaned over, wondering just what was going on in Qiu Ling’s head for him to blank out like this.

Qiu Ling was pulled out of his thoughts and blinked in confusion. Looking at his beloved that had leaned over, he reached out and pulled him into his arms. "Ah, I love you as well! It’d be so nice if every night could be like this! Actually, why don’t we sleep in the same bed next time? I think that would be even nicer." He smiled happily just imagining it.

Even though this was only Jing He’s reincarnation, it would still be great. After all, his beloved would remember everything after waking up. Mn, it made him wonder what Jing He would think when he did. Would he feel shy? But by then, they would already be about to marry. What reason would there be to be shy? Actually, there would be more reasons to be shy about what was to happen between them in the immortal realm, right?

Jing Yi’s lips twitched. "Qiu Ling. I’m also happy to see you but I don’t think this is very appropriate. How about letting go?" And especially, could you not fantasize while holding me to your chest like that? Don’t think I can see! He really would have liked to tell him that part to his face but he was afraid that Qiu Ling would just use it as an opportunity to say something even sappier. After what he had thought about last night, he didn’t know if he was up for that.

Qiu Ling finally forced himself to let go of his happy thoughts. Well, it was still quite some time until he could finally marry his beloved. Until then, he should use the opportunity and spend as much time with his mortal reincarnation as he could.

Having made up his mind, Qiu Ling rolled Jing Yi off his body and leaned over him, kissing his lips. "If t4hat’s what you want!" He happily smiled at him before he jumped out of bed and rushed to wash up. "Then I’ll go and make breakfast!" With that, he hurried away and the sizzling from the pan could be heard from the kitchen.

Jing Yi lay in bed and stared up at the ceiling, dumbfounded. This … Could somebody explain to him what had just happened? He reached up and touched his lips. Most likely, he should have a serious conversation with Qiu Ling about what was and what wasn’t appropriate again? Well, not that he had any illusions that Qiu Ling would remember. If it wasn’t something he felt to be important, he would forget about it in a matter of days. Come to think of it, that estimate might be too generous.

Jing Yi sighed and also got up, slowly washing up until Qiu Ling already called for him from the kitchen. Somehow, this reminded him of his parents again. Especially when he was young, they would also have the same type of conversation over and over again. In the end, it was always his mother that won though. Most likely, his father just hadn’t been shameless enough. As for Qiu Ling though … With his behavior, there was no way to win against him. He would just do whatever he felt like doing. It seemed the only way forward was to give in to fate and let him be.

With that thought, Jing Yi joined Qiu Ling for breakfast. Well, this also wasn’t bad. He could probably get used to this part of living together.

2