153 He Didn’t Believe Them
302 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yang Wu Huang and the other two traveled the whole day and even through the night to make sure that they would be able to catch up to Mei Chao Bing and the others. The next morning, they finally saw the group’s camp appear in the distance. Their eyes lit up and they accelerated to make sure that they would be able to catch up to them. Before they managed to make their way over, somebody stepped into their path though.

"Junior martial brother Yang, what a surprise." Song Mu’s gaze flitted over the three people, taking in the way that only Di Huan Bo seemed to be hurt while the other two were more or less alright.

Considering how they had inquired about Mei Chao Bing’s group before, he wondered if there was something more up with that. Furthermore, he couldn’t help but feel a bit unlucky. Things had been rather awkward between him and Mei Chao Bing but with this journey, they had at least been able to get along on the surface. If Yang Wu Huang joined in now, things would only get even more awkward. He definitely could imagine something better than that.

Yang Wu Huang furrowed his brows when he saw Song Mu, not too happy either. Anyway, he had invested quite a bit in this person but considering that Song Mu hadn’t given up any information when Ao Jing approached him the other day, he felt that it had all been for naught.

When it came to the question of whether he would be on their side or on that traitor’s side, it seemed that he still wouldn’t choose them. Could he really use such a person? He really doubted it. Still, for the time being, he couldn’t shed all pretenses at cordiality. Especially not if they wanted to join Mei Chao Bing’s group without trouble. He still had to pretend to be on good terms with Song Mu to make this more likely work out.

"Senior martial brother Song, I’m so glad to see you! We were attacked by a group of demonic practitioners on our way. Di Huan Bo is injured quite badly. Do you have anything with you that could help with treating him?" He motioned behind him, pretending that this was what he was really worried about.

Song Mu once again looked over, his brows furrowing slightly.

For the others, it looked as if he was worried about what Yang Wu Huang had said. In actual fact, he was a bit worried about how this would turn out. They definitely had something that could help with Di Huan Bo’s injuries. After all, it had only been yesterday that Yun Bei Fen’s spiritual beast had found a herb with healing properties and he had convinced him to give the herb up for them. To now use it for Di Huan Bo … He really wondered how we should justify that. Well, not that he did have any choice. Even if he didn’t like these people, Di Huan Bo was still a disciple of their sect. Not helping him would only bring trouble.

Taking a moment longer to look at him, Song Mu finally sighed. "It seems that you really had it rough. Alright then. We were just patrolling the area. We should return to the camp and tell the others about what happened."

Yang Wu Huang gave a satisfied nod, feeling that Song Mu wasn’t completely useless.

The three of them followed Song Mu and the other two over to the camp, curiously looking at how Mei Chao Bing’s group was doing. Yang Wu Huang’s gaze darkened immediately when he saw Yun Bei Fen sitting next to Mei Chao Bing, holding that little spiritual beast in his arms. He looked cute with the way that he was holding that little bunny and smiling so unguardedly. It was just a pity … He didn’t know how to judge people and showed that kind of expression to that traitor.

Mei Chao Bing looked up, his expression not too good either when he saw Yang Wu Huang. He had expected that something like this might happen but he had hoped that it wouldn’t really be the case since he had already warned the Elders and Kui Min. The fact that it was only these three that arrived made him worry even more. Don’t tell him that something had happened to the others?

Thinking of that, he rubbed Yun Bei Fen’s leg, wanting to reassure him and then got up, walking over to the group that had just arrived. "Junior martial brother Song, just what happened?"

Song Mu gave a wry smile. Obviously, he was the one being blamed for this. Well, he really couldn’t say that he didn’t deserve that. "I’m not quite sure of the details yet either. Junior martial brother Yang and the other two just arrived, stating that they were attacked by demonic practitioners. Di Huan Bo seems to be injured." With that, he just stood aside, not saying anything. If Yang Wu Huang wanted anything, he might as well ask Mei Chao Bing for it himself. He didn’t want to get embroiled even further in the conflict between these two people. At the very least, he didn’t want to do so now.

Naturally, Yang Wu Huang wouldn’t ask Mei Chao Bing for anything. He didn’t trust this person. He also wouldn’t ask a demonic practitioner to give them a way to heal one of his people so he definitely wouldn’t ask Mei Chao Bing. That was a given, wasn’t it?

Mei Chao Bing looked from one person to the other, slightly raising his brows. He didn’t believe for a single moment that everything had worked out so coincidentally. And looking at the three of them, he was pretty sure that Di Huan Bo’s injuries were not really the results of a fight. Otherwise, they would never be this regular.

8