156 He Isn’t Worth It
137 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mei Chao Bing closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He couldn’t help those disciples that had been under Yang Wu Huang’s command anymore. But he couldn’t let that get him down. He was in charge of the nine disciples that were with him. He had to make sure that each and every one of them would reach the Then Yan Sect with him. In regards to the seven disciples that had been left behind, they could only hope that they would somehow make it back to the town on their own or that Elder Baili and Elder Xing would soon find out about it and go to save them.

Opening his eyes again, he gave a faint nod. "I see. Well, we will wait here until junior martial brother Di has healed his wounds. Afterward, you can return to the town as well and report to the two Elders while we will be on our way. If the demonic practitioners are actually bold enough to attack you like that, then I’m afraid informing them is even more urgent than we thought it was."

Yang Wu Huang tensed slightly. Had Mei Chao Bing figured out what he intended to do? Was that we why he was trying to send them away? He couldn’t let that happen! Yang Wu Huang gave what probably should’ve been an embarrassed smile but it just seemed incredibly insincere on his face. "Senior martial brother Mei, I do know that this is your group and that we are imposing but I’m afraid it isn’t a good idea to go about things like this."

Mei Chao Bing gave him a lazy look. He really couldn’t be bothered about this guy any longer. But seriously, letting him tag along had been precisely what he had wanted to prevent originally. To give in now … Why would he do that? "I’m not quite sure where exactly your problem is with my arrangements. Do you think that the Elders shouldn’t be informed?"

Yang Wu Huang stopped smiling, obviously not quite happy with how Mei Chao Bing was proceeding. "Of course they should."

"Then do you think that we shouldn’t wait for junior martial brother Di to recover?"

"Naturally, it is a given that he needs time."

"Then do you feel like the other sects shouldn’t be informed of what we previously found out?"

Yang Wu Huang gritted his teeth, barely holding back from attacking this guy. "Senior martial brother Mei, of course, the mission that was given by the Elders can’t be abandoned."

"Well, since you agree with everything I proposed, then I really don’t know what you’re waiting for. You should sit down and rest as well. The way back is not that long but it isn’t short either."

Yang Wu Huang frowned but before he could say anything, Mei Chao Bing had already given him a nod and then turned around and walked back to Yun Bei Fen’s side. Obviously, he wasn’t willing to discuss this any longer.

This time, Yang Wu Huang really clenched his fists. He naturally couldn’t go back. He had invested too much to get here. Everything relied on being able to follow Mei Chao Bing’s group now. Unfortunately, there was nothing he could do for the moment. He had to come up with another plan to ensure that his goal could still be achieved. Well, Di Huan Bo would need quite some time until he was better. Until then, he would definitely be able to figure something out.

Turning to Ao Jing, he gave a smile. "Senior martial brother Mei is naturally right. The two of us should sit down and rest as well. Let’s make sure we won’t get in their way."

Ao Jing nodded, then turned to Liu Bao Ru and gave a short nod before following Yang Wu Huang.

Liu Bao Ru watched the two go over to where Di Huan Bo was already sitting and narrowed her eyes. Something was strange. She couldn’t quite put a finger on it but her instinct told her so. Unfortunately, she didn’t know what to do about it. After standing there and thinking for a while, she finally sighed and returned to the side of the other junior martial sisters. Anyway, she could only try to figure it out slowly.

As for Mei Chao Bing’s side … Yun Bei Fen finally put down Xiao Hui, letting Yi Ju pick him up while he threw himself into Mei Chao Bing’s arms, giving him a deep look.

Mei Chao Bing slightly raised his brows at him and hugged him back. "What’s the matter?"

"You should just ignore him."

Mei Chao Bing glanced over to where the three newcomers were sitting before he looked back at Yun Bei Fen. "You mean Yang Wu Huang?"

Yun Bei Fen nodded. "Yes! You always look displeased when you see him. Obviously, he’s getting on your nerves. So you should just ignore him. He’s not worth it."

Mei Chao Bing barely held back a laugh. He leaned over and then gently kissed Yun Bei Fen’s cheek. "I’ll keep that in mind."

A smile could be heard from his voice. He really couldn’t do anything about it. His little bunny was just too adorable. He probably had completely forgotten that they weren’t sitting that far away and that Yang Wu Huang and the others would be able to hear him clearly if he didn’t lower his voice any further.

Well, they definitely deserved a reminder that they weren’t welcome here. In fact, he wouldn’t mind it even if Yun Bei Fen cursed him for a while longer. But then again, he’d much rather that Yun Bei Fen didn’t pay attention to him either. After all, it was just as he had said: He just wasn’t worth it.

8