304 They Should Have Known Earlier
65 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This is really something that I would have liked to know before."

Da Hei just gave him an insipid look. "Even if you did, what would you have wanted to tell them? You weren’t there, you shouldn’t know about this. I’m just telling you so you can keep looking out for signs."

Mei Chao Bing furrowed his brows and then watched as Da Hei didn’t bother to keep on this form and just turned back into the midnight wolf, not even staying around for him to finish pondering. Instead, the spiritual beast trotted back into the courtyard, certainly throwing himself down in some corner and just going back to sleep.

Mei Chao Bing stayed outside of the courtyard though, remaining in deep thought. This matter … it meant some more information. It might not be vital but it was a piece of the puzzle and they needed all of them to be able to solve this mystery. So he couldn’t just keep this to himself.

He knew what had happened the last time he did. Now, things were even direr than they had seemed at the beginning. If he held anything back now, then he wouldn’t be any better than Yang Wu Huang who was plotting against the other disciples.

It might not seem as nefarious at first glance but keeping something from them was akin to leaving them in the dark which wasn’t much better. This information might be able to save a life sometime down the road. So he’d rather not risk it.

Da Hei was right thought that he hadn’t been there. So this was hardly something he could just bring up like that. If he did, it would result in a lot of questions. He groaned and rubbed his forehead. In the end, he just turned around, going back to the Elder’s study. He felt odd about it but still raised his hand and knocked.

Back inside, the Elders had just been discussing how to best distribute the younger disciples into groups to make use of their skills in the camp. Hearing the knock, they turned to look, and then exchanged a glance, raising their brows. Who that was … they were pretty clear on it just judging by the level. But this was indeed quite odd.

"Come on in." Elder Baili stared at Mei Chao Bing, not quite sure what to make of this. When he saw his expression, he realized that something must’ve happened. He immediately sat up straight, almost shooting to his feet. "Is something with Fen’er?"

Mei Chao Bing shook his head. "That isn’t it. To be honest, I’m not quite sure how to say this." He hesitated for a moment but then decided to just be forthright. He had just realized that these two men were willing to believe him. And it wasn’t too strange that he had only found out now. It was merely that the timing wasn’t good since they could hardly just send the information back to the sect. It was too late for that. "The Elders know that I sent my spiritual beast with Yun Bei Fen because I was worried about him."

The two Elders exchanged a glance, not quite sure where this was going.

"Yes, he seems to have protected him well from what the report that."

Mei Chao Bing nodded. "Yes, and the report also stated that my spiritual beast noticed something in the dark. The others thought that it should have been a person but they couldn’t find many clues afterward.

"Now, my spiritual beast is of the nascent soul stage and thus able to change his form. It is just that he is also in a rather difficult position here as a midnight wolf. Since I was never alone with him since that time, he didn’t see a chance to tell me anything about what had happened. That is until I was on my way back to the courtyard just now."

The Elders straightened up and Elder Xing motioned for him to come over.

"What exactly did he say?"

Mei Chao Bing went over and indeed sat down, looking a little ill at ease. "Well, to sum it up, it was a woman that seemed to be of the demonic faction. She was wearing a dark robe. What is peculiar is that the woman didn’t seem to be able to feel any kind of pain. I’m not quite sure what this means. Da Hei wasn’t able to tell me more but he bit her and she still didn’t even flinch."

The two Elders kept silent for a while, not sure what to make of this either. A person that didn’t feel pain … That really wasn’t good news for them. Because that kind of person was difficult to fight against.

It might just be one person which wouldn’t be a problem but if the disciples were to meet a bunch of demonic practitioners like that, then even if they were superior in terms of power, they might not be able to win. Because even if you hurt somebody who was impervious to pain, they wouldn’t stop attacking you in return. Until the moment where their strengths completely gave out, they would just continue. After all, there was nothing holding them back, was there?

Thus, this really was bad news and they wished that they had known slightly earlier. They also knew that this definitely wasn’t Mei Chao Bing’s fault. He had told them as soon as he found out. Now, it couldn’t be changed that that had been rather late.

Elder Xing sighed and rubbed his forehead. "Well, at least we know now that this is a possibility. We should make sure that we inform the older disciples over at the cavern as soon as possible of this. They are the ones most likely to get into a fight. We can’t let them go into that without any preparation. Otherwise, just the time it takes them to figure out what is going on might cost one of them their lives. We can’t risk that."

Elder Baili nodded and then reached over, patting Mei Chao Bing’s shoulder. "You did well coming right back. Even though it’s a bit late, it still isn’t like we can’t do anything. Don’t worry about it."

Mei Chao Bing nodded, even though he still felt that it would’ve been better to be able to tell them even earlier. After all, they never knew when that 'something' would happen. Who knew? Over at the cavern, the situation might already be looking dire. There was no way for them to know. Thus, they could only plan for the future.

3