306 A Horde of Bunnies
63 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mei Chao Bing could see that his little bunny was unhappy. He gave him a smile to calm him down and then looked to the two Elders, wondering what was up with them.

Elder Xing noticed his gaze and turned to the two of them, giving a wry smile. "Kang Mu and Mei Chao Bing, the two of you should actually be with the others at the caverns but, well, I would suggest that you wait for Shen Lei and Yu Min to come back first before we sent you over. At that time, there will likely also be some new information being sent over.

"Until then, you can choose a group of your own that you would like to accompany." He smiled faintly when he looked at Mei Chao Bing who had barely waited for him to finish his words before he walked over to the group with Yun Bei Fen and pulled the younger disciple into his arms.

Kang Mu looked at their public display of affection and then looked around, not quite sure which group he should choose. Hesitating for a moment, he finally went to the one that was supposed to guard the town, making sure that none of the demonic practitioners would try anything here.

In fact, there were two of them. Kang Mu figured that he should probably accompany both of them or maybe do so every now and then at least to make sure that neither of them would run into trouble. The town should be relatively safe considering that all the disciples, as well as the Elders, were here but it was still better not to take any chances.

Elder Xing nodded when he saw that they decided on something and then turned back to address everyone. "We will explain your task in detail one group at a time. For those of you that have the same task at different times, you can come over together. We want you to work together at first anyway. That way, you will be able to gain a better understanding and make sure that everybody knows exactly what to do. After gaining some experience, you can then split up and do your task on your own. Now, let’s start with the first two groups."

The first group was the one that Kang Mu had joined. While Elder Xing explained to them how things had to be done, Elder Baili already waved over the next two groups, one of which was the one that Yun Bei Fen and Mei Chao Bing were in.

"Considering that things are getting more dangerous, it is likely that we will have more injuries among the older disciples. Resources will be sent over from the sect regularly but we won’t always be able to wait for those. Thus, we want you to venture out toward the east and look for materials outside of the border region.

"Most of you are familiar with spiritual herbs or even medicinal plants that can be used in the worst case. Make sure that you mostly gather ripe herbs. Also, if you find are in doubt, please ask your fellow disciples. We can’t allow any problems to arise with herbs as they will be the ingredients for the potions and pill that the other group will make."

The disciples mostly nodded while Yun Bei Fen looked at his Master, puzzled. Since he was his Master, he should know that he didn’t know anything about spiritual herbs.

Mei Chao Bing lowered his head and whispered into his ear. "Your Master knows but you have Xiao Hui, don’t you? He is able to smell spiritual herbs so you can just go along with the others and let Xiao Hui find something. Also, it’s a good chance for you to learn about them as well."

To be honest, he had never thought about this before but maybe it would be a good chance to let Yun Bei Fen learn this. He wasn’t necessarily good at learning but maybe he would have a knack for something like this.

Alchemy was something where just being persistent in learning could get you quite far. And persistence was a quality that Yun Bei Fen had. Even if he wasn’t able to learn it, well, that wasn’t a problem either. He could just go back to cultivating and learning other skills. But it would definitely be a valuable addition to the ones he had learned so far.

Yun Bei Fen was enlightened when he got Mei Chao Bing’s explanation. He turned around and then glanced at Mei Chao Bing’s face that was directly in front of his. Suddenly, he couldn’t remember anymore what he had wanted to say. Was it something about herbs? Something with his Master? He really didn’t know. But he felt like there was a horde of bunnies galloping through his heart. He blinked his eyes, making Mei Chao Bing’s heart flutter as well.

Mei Chao Bing leaned down and gave him a quick kiss before he motioned back to the front. "We should listen to your Master."

Yun Bei Fen nodded and turned back to the front but whether he was listening or not … it was hard to say. Well, at the very least, there were disciples he knew in this group so he could always ask.

Elder Baili also realized that his little disciple apparently wasn’t paying too close attention but he didn’t know what to say about that. He just continued talking and then waved the two groups to the side to talk to the ones who were supposed to refine the herbs later on and then also to the group that would be starting a small garden for spiritual and medicinal plants just outside the town.

They probably should’ve done this much sooner but so far, the situation had never been this dire so they hadn’t thought that they would need it and had actually figured that maybe they would attract unwanted attention if they did this. But now, the pros outweighed the cons. It was just that it would take quite some time until everything would be matured. That was a bit of a problem.

3