62 I’ll Keep an Eye on You
422 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mei Chao Bing got up early and took a look at his little bunny that was still sleeping soundly in his arms. Good. Whatever was going on outside, it didn’t disturb him at all. If they could, he’d like to stay inside for a while longer to make sure Yun Bei Fen wouldn’t have to find out about those rumors.

Unfortunately, they would have to head out for the mission today now that they had arrived in the border region. He could explain to people why they needed longer to get here but he wouldn’t be able to stall for any more time. So Yun Bei Fen would find out soon that something was off. He should start sorting out those rumors immediately.

Mei Chao Bing carefully pulled his arm out from below Yun Bei Fen’s body and slipped out of bed, covering his little bunny with the blanket again before he put on his outer robe and left the room. Da Hei grumbled but he only gave him a look to tell him that it was better to stay with Yun Bei Fen. Don’t kid him. He had taken in such a powerful spiritual beast. If he didn’t let it stay with Yun Bei Fen who needed more protection and instead took it along even though he was of the nascent soul stage, he really wouldn’t be qualified to call himself Yun Bei Fen’s lover.

Mei Chao Bing closed the door behind him and went over to Elder Baili’s study. He knocked on the door and lightly called out. "Elder, this is Mei Chao Bing. I’ve come to discuss an issue with you. It concerns Yun Bei Fen."

Baili Chao furrowed his brows, glaring at the door. What was this guy doing here again? He might have accepted that there was no way for him to snatch the place of an idol from him in his disciple’s heart and he might have accepted that he was living with them for the time being but that didn’t mean that he had to be nice too. "What do you want, brat?!"

Mei Chao Bing smiled wryly. It seems Elder Baili hadn’t completely forgiven him yet. Well, it figured. Because of him, he had had some trouble with his youngest disciple. Well, actually, after what Yun Bei Fen had told him yesterday that seemed to be more because of Yun Bei Fen’s father than him but who knew if the Elder was aware of that? "I’m afraid it wouldn’t be too suitable to talk like this. May I come in?"

A harrumph could be heard from inside before the door was smashed open and an angry-looking Elder Baili appeared on the other side. "It’s not suitable to talk about like this? You really have some nerve to disturb me this early in the morning!"

Mei Chao Bing just cupped his fists and bowed. "Elder Baili. I’m sorry. I didn’t want to disturb Yun Bei Fen."

Baili Chao grumbled and turned back to his desk. Just when he wanted to sit down, he stopped though. "What did you just say?"

Mei Chao Bing flinched. Uh … It seemed he had said that he didn’t want to disturb Yun Bei Fen? But he wouldn’t disturb Yun Bei Fen if they were sleeping in different rooms, would he?

Baili Chao clenched one hand into a fist and shook it at Mei Chao Bing. "You scoundrel! You actually took advantage of my disciple!"

Mei Chao Bing forced himself to continue smiling but made sure that he stood a little further away from the Elder. "Actually, that’s exactly what I’m here to talk about. I guess you didn’t have time to talk with Fen’er since we came back. Well … You see, we’re a couple now."

Elder Baili’s fist shook but he didn’t say a word. To be honest, he couldn’t. He just didn’t know how to react to this. Well, he shouldn’t be surprised. Never mind that his disciple had more or less fallen in love with this brat at first sight, Mei Chao Bing had also come over repeatedly for several years, asking to see Yun Bei Fen only to be turned away every time because he had still been in secluded cultivation. And then Yun Bei Fen had also told him that he had kissed Mei Chao Bing.

If he still needed somebody to tell him that there were feelings between the two of them, he would have lived his old life in vain. Furthermore, he had more than enough experience thanks to his third disciple. Sometimes, he felt that he was better at spotting if a man was in love or not than he was at cultivating. Ah, these disciples would really be the death of him sometime! Well, whatever. His little disciple should be very happy now that he had gotten his wish.

He sat down and grumbled some more. "Hmph, don’t think I’ll let you get away with everything. You better pay attention to how you behave or you’ll get into trouble with me. I’ll keep an eye on you!"

Mei Chao Bing smiled and nodded. "I’ll count on the Elder for that."

Baili Chao scoffed but finally just waved. Well, the children were in love. What could he do? "So, what is this matter about? You certainly didn’t come just to tell me the good news."

Mei Chao Bing nodded and his smile faded away. "That’s true. I just wanted you to first know that I’m serious about Yun Bei Fen. And even though we have spent quite some time together, I’ve kept Elder Baili’s words in heart. These few weeks, I’ve seen that Yun Bei Fen hasn’t seen much of the world yet. He needs to experience more before he can really decide what’s good for him and what is not. I don’t want to rush this. It’s just that … I’ve coincidentally heard yesterday evening that there are some rumors going around."

Baili Chao raised his brows. "Rumors? About Yun Bei Fen?" He could hardly imagine how that type of little bunny would be able to attract any rumors but after everything Mei Chao Bing had said, he could imagine that this could only be in relation to their return yesterday and probably their relationship too. "Don’t tell me you want to keep this relationship a secret?"

Mei Chao Bing shook his head. "While I do think that we should wait before developing further, I don’t think keeping a relationship secret is a good idea. No, it is just that I’m afraid somebody tried to tarnish his reputation. I don’t think that either you or I would allow that. So I thought about it and I do think I have an idea how to solve this. I’d need Elder Baili’s help for that though. I wonder if you’d be willing to help me with this?"

Elder Baili scoffed again. "Don’t get ahead of yourself, brat! That’s still my disciple! Naturally, I should be the one to save him." If he needed some help from Mei Chao Bing for that, well, he didn’t mind giving a bit of his spotlight away. His disciple would probably also be happy if his boyfriend played the hero for a while. Ah, being a Master really wasn’t easy.

16