21 No Room to Maneuver
1.4k 5 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mei Chao Bing didn’t waste even a single thought on the Sect Master’s feelings. No, his thoughts had already flown out to where Yun Bei Fen was. They would finally meet again. And it would be a real meeting, not the kind like before where they were in the same room and saw each other but still couldn’t say even one word to the other. No, this time, it would be different.

He stepped onto his sword and soared into the sky, speeding away from the Teng Yong Sect as fast as he could so his body could catch up to his thoughts. If he hurried, he might be able to meet Yun Bei Fen and his Master on the way. Then they could spend their time together until they reached the border region.

As someone who had reached the Nascent Soul Stage, Mei Chao Bing wasn’t slow and with nobody around, he didn’t have to hold back. He flew as fast as he could and finally, two figures emerged on the horizon.

Mei Chao Bing’s expression first lit up before his brows locked into a tight frown. Two figures? But Yun Bei Fen shouldn’t know how to use a flying sword yet. He should be relying on his Master to bring him over. Otherwise, why would Sect Master Zhang have sent him? There were so many other Elders around that could have gone there. Then the other person …

He slowed down a bit but still went fast enough that he would eventually catch up to them. It was a pity that he couldn’t go any faster. He really wanted to see Yun Bei Fen as soon as possible. But while he wouldn’t mind exposing his true strength in front of Elder Baili, it was another thing if there was somebody else around. Even if it was one of the other Elders, he still wouldn’t let his true strength show. After all, he had experienced first-hand what could happen if you trusted somebody just because he was an Elder of the sect.

Soon enough, Mei Chao Bing had to realize that the person in question wasn’t even an Elder. Instead, it was that Yang Wu Huang that had tried to compete with him since the day they entered the sect.

Mei Chao Bing frowned. He had never minded these little games. His Master had even encouraged some friendly competition since it would spur them on in his opinion. And, well, his disciple had never lost so there was no reason to worry for him. Mei Chao Bing had always gone along with it but he didn’t like what was happening now.

He genuinely liked Yun Bei Fen. This was his special person, the one he had decided on. This wasn’t someone they could just casually compete for. He deserved to be treated better than that.

Mei Chao Bing forced himself to stop frowning and approached further, cupping his fists while he was at it. "Elder Baili, junior martial brother Yang, junior martial brother Yun."

Yang Wu Huang turned around and frowned but couldn’t show any disrespect toward this person that had slightly higher seniority in the sect than him. He also cupped his fists and even managed to somehow keep that smile on his face. "Senior martial brother Mei, what a nice surprise. I didn’t know you were coming."

Baili Chao sighed and patted his disciple’s head. Ah, he just hoped his disciple wouldn’t embarrass him too much in front of Yang Wu Huang. Wouldn’t that guy run to Elder Zuo then and tell him everything? Well, there was nothing he could do about that. He could hardly tell him to behave properly.

Elder Baili’s words probably would have been for naught anyway. As soon as he heard his senior martial brother’s voice, Yun Bei Fen forgot about Yang Wu Huang and that they had just spoken about him and tried to get a look at Mei Chao Bing, his eyes sparkling.

"Senior martial brother Mei!" His voice jumped an octave at the end thanks to his excitement but he didn’t care. Ah, they could finally see each other again! It felt like it had been ages since he had seen him in the Sect Master’s hall.

Mei Chao Bing ignored Yang Wu Huang and turned to Yun Bei Fen, his eyes curving slightly with his lips. "Junior martial brother Yun."

Yun Bei Fen turned red as soon as the last syllable ended and grabbed onto his Master’s robe for support. Ah! Senior martial brother Mei was talking to him! And he remembered his name despite not seeing each other for such a long time!

Seeing the little rabbit this flustered Mei Chao Bing couldn’t help but chuckle. He sped up a little until he was flying on the other side of Baili Chao and Yun Bei Fen. He definitely wouldn’t let that Yang Wu Huang have any opportunity to have Yun Bei Fen look at him.

"Junior martial brother Yun went into closed-door cultivation for a rather long time. I didn’t even have the opportunity to thank you for the last time."

"Ah?" Yun Bei Fen blinked his eyes in confusion. Senior martial brother Mei wanted to thank him? What for?

"Mn." Mei Chao Bing continued to smile at him. "I was really happy when you came to see me."

Baili Chao cleared his throat. Those two … couldn’t they talk about this when nobody else was around? Never mind an old man like him listening to their sweet-talk but what about that Yang Wu Huang over there? Wasn’t he also into Yun Bei Fen? This would end in a disaster!

Yun Bei Fen didn’t notice his Master’s worry. He was completely focused on Mei Chao Bing. Or, well, his thoughts did travel back to that afternoon before his closed-door cultivation. "That …" His cheeks flushed an even deeper red and he leaned closer against Baili Chao, almost as if he wanted to hide behind him.

Unfortunately for him and luckily for Mei Chao Bing, there wasn’t enough room on the flying sword. This time, the little rabbit had no way to flee and was forced to stay.

47