27 I Love You
1.3k 8 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the initial shock, Mei Chao Bing hurriedly closed his eyes and let his junior martial brother take advantage of him. Hadn’t he wanted a little reward? Well, here it was! He was getting a sweet kiss! It would have been even better if it was one he could reciprocate but he wouldn’t be picky. At least the one kissing him was his little bunny.

It took a while until Yun Bei Fen realized what he was doing. He wanted to draw back but Mei Chao Bing’s arm was still lying across his waist. Just when he wanted to wriggle out, Mei Chao Bing’s eyelids fluttered and his eyes opened. Yun Bei Fen froze. Oh no! He would certainly get it now!

Mei Chao Bing made sure he looked a little unfocused at first before his gaze zeroed in on Yun Bei Fen. "Fen’er …" He took a deep breath and looked around. "What happened? Did we … Did we fall?"

Yun Bei Fen hurriedly nodded. Whenever his Master scolded him, he would also just confess to whatever sin his Master heaped onto his head even if he felt like he had done nothing wrong. That was the fastest way to get out of it!

Mei Chao Bing continued to look around before his gaze returned to Yun Bei Fen. Seeing his expression that was three parts guilty and seven parts hopeful, he almost laughed. Instead, he pretended to groan in pain and turned to the side. Naturally, it was to Yun Bei Fen’s side.

He sat up slowly and also helped his junior martial brother into a sitting position, conveniently leaving his hand on his hip. "Are you alright, junior martial brother Yun?"

Yun Bei Fen nodded again. Even if he was hurt, it wasn’t as important as the fact that Mei Chao Bing wasn’t angry at him. Ah, he had such great luck! Thankfully, his senior martial brother was such an understanding person!

Mei Chao Bing heaved a sigh of relief. This wasn’t completely pretended. He had done what he could to protect him while falling down but he had still been a little afraid that he might have overlooked something. He certainly wouldn’t have been able to forgive himself had anything happened to his little bunny!

Speaking of that … "Fen’er, I’m sorry. It’s all my fault. I overestimated my strength and didn’t take a break early enough."

"Ah? No, it isn’t your fault at all!" Yun Bei Fen shook his head. "I am the one at fault! How could senior martial brother Mei blame himself?"

Mei Chao Bing gave a smile and reached over, cupping Yun Bei Fen’s cheek. "It’s very nice of you to want to take the blame to make me feel better but what I said is the truth. It’s all just because I am such a show-off."

"Ah? How is senior martial brother Mei a show-off?" That was certainly the last thing he would regard him as!

Mei Chao Bing grimaced, making sure he looked like he was seriously blaming himself. "Fen’er, actually, I don’t want to say this. I had hoped that in your eyes I could be a responsible senior martial brother, someone who is worth looking up to, someone whom you can regard as a role model and whom you would think positively about."

"I do! Senior martial brother Mei, I certainly do! You’re the person I admire the most in the whole Teng Yong Sect! No, not even that. The person I admire the most in the whole world!"

Mei Chao Bing smiled and brushed Yun Bei Fen’s cheek with his thumb. Mn, his little bunny had tortured him so much before. He should give a little of it back. "I’m very happy to hear that. But actually, I don’t deserve this high regard. Actually, I’m a very selfish person, not admirable at all."

"No, not at all!"

Mei Chao Bing put his finger against Yun Bei Fen’s lips to hush him. "Junior martial brother Yun, about back then when we saw each other before you went into secluded cultivation … Was that kiss the reason you secluded yourself?"

"Ah?" Yun Bei Fen’s eyes widened and he was unable to react. How had his senior martial brother found out?! Oh no! What should he do now?

Mei Chao Bing sighed and nodded slowly, looking very much like he blamed himself. "I thought so. Well, it was to be expected. I surprised you and took advantage of you without caring for your feelings at all. You were so shocked you even ran away afterward.

"I came by several times wanting to apologize to you but you were still in seclusion. When I saw you at Sect Master Zhang’s announcement, I wanted to use the opportunity to apologize and then, I really was given the chance to do so. We saw each other out here and your Master even left you with me, giving me the time to say what needed to be said. I wanted to apologize. I really wanted and I guess I did, in a way.

"It’s just that … holding you in my arms, feeling your warmth against my body, smelling your sweet fragrance on the wind … I couldn’t hold back. I assaulted you once again and even at such an inopportune time so that you were almost hurt.

"I know, an apology isn’t enough anymore. I took advantage of you twice. I would like to promise that this won’t happen again, that I’ll somehow make it up to you but, actually, I can’t promise anything. Because as soon as I see you my mind goes blank. I can’t think of anything but how beautiful you are, how lovely your voice sounds and how sweet you smell. I want to wrap you in my arms, hug you and kiss you and do so many more things with you.

"Junior martial brother Yun, I know, I have no right to say this but … I’ve loved you for the longest time. Whenever I see you my heart will be beating loudly, drowning out everything else. I don’t think I’ll be able to love anyone else in this life as much as I love you."

I think I'm notorious for writing slow romances but ... I guess Like a Ray in My Night is the strangest of my novels so far so I can't say it's surprising we got to the love confession in only 27 chapters xD

39