29 Maybe There’s an Array?
1.2k 2 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yun Bei Fen happily held onto Mei Chao Bing’s hand and followed him through the forest, not paying attention to their surroundings at all. Ah, if he could decide, then they could take some more time to find their way out of this forest. Couldn’t there be one of those arrays here that made people go in circles for a very, very long time until they figured out that something was wrong? Then they could stay here for several weeks without having to go to the border region!

Mei Chao Bing looked at the little bunny that was staring up at him and smiled. "Is something the matter?"

"Do you think there’s an array here?"

"Mn?"

"Haven’t you heard about those arrays that trap people inside them?"

"Oh, these arrays." Mei Chao Bing rubbed Yun Bei Fen’s head. "Don’t worry about that. Even if there was one, I could get us out of it. Nothing will happen to you while you’re with me."

Yun Bei Fen’s expression dimmed. Ah, so they couldn’t be trapped in the forest for long. He should have known. His senior martial brother Mei was so great, naturally, he wouldn’t need long to get them out of here. So maybe they would only need to stay here for a day or two. How sad!

Mei Chao Bing raised his brows and wanted to ask just why his little bunny was so sad when Yun Bei Fen’s expression already lit up again.

Ah, senior martial brother Mei had said that he would protect him! Too great! Senior martial brother Mei really had to like him. With his eyes curving into a smile, he snuggled up closer to Mei Chao Bing. Who cared if they made it out of the forest soon or not? The most important thing was that he could spend each of these moments with his senior martial brother. And now that they had confessed their feelings and found out that they were mutual, they could also spend their time together after they reached the border region, couldn’t they?

He looked up at Mei Chao Bing again but in the end, he didn’t dare to ask. Even though Mei Chao Bing had confessed first … What was supposed to happen after that? Ah, he should have asked his senior martial brothers about these things before they moved out to go on their missions or secluded themselves. Now, who should he ask?

Yun Bei Fen tried to think of all the people he knew but nobody that could answer this question came to mind. He did know a lot of people in the sect but none of them very good. While growing up, most of his time had been spent with his senior martial brothers and his Master.

Mn? Yun Bei Fen straightened up. Right. His Master! Why hadn’t he thought of him sooner? His Master was already so old, he should know how such a relationship was supposed to work. When they reached the border region, he could just ask him.

Yun Bei Fen happily clung to Mei Chao Bing, imagining the future. Ah, he didn’t know for sure but most likely being in love with each other meant that they would spend every day together. They would wake up together and then cultivate and train together and finally go to sleep together … Mn, such a great way to live!

Mei Chao Bing had long stopped caring about their surroundings and instead watched the expression of the little person next to him. From his initial happiness, to worry, back to an expression of absolute bliss … He’d really like to know what his little bunny was thinking of. He didn’t dare to say anything though. Yun Bei Fen was so happy right now. He shouldn’t disturb him. Thus he only squeezed his hand to make his presence known and led him further through the forest.

The two of them didn’t hurry and instead leisurely walked through the forest as if they weren’t on their way to a dangerous mission but instead on a romantic spring outing. Time passed and soon enough the sun was setting.

Mei Chao Bing stopped and turned to Yun Bei Fen, finally pulling him out of his vision of the future when he brushed his hair back. "It’s getting dark. Let’s stay here for the night."

"Mn." Yun Bei Fen nodded sheepishly. Ah, he hadn’t paid attention to senior martial brother Mei at all! Just where had he been with his thoughts?!

Mei Chao Bing didn’t mind. He pulled Yun Bei Fen to the little clearing in front of them and pulled out a blanket from his spatial ring, spreading it on the ground. "Here, sit down first." He helped Yun Bei Fen take a seat before taking out yet another blanket that he wrapped around his shoulders. "It’s going to be cold in the night."

Yun Bei Fen nodded, still not daring to say anything and watched while Mei Chao Bing hurried about to find some dry wood to make a fire. "Senior martial brother Mei …"

"Mn?"

"Can I help?"

Mei Chao Bing shook his head. "No, just wait for me. I’ll be finished soon." He piled the wood up and set it on fire, making sure that it wasn’t too close to Yun Bei Fen so he wouldn’t accidentally be hurt but still close enough for him to feel warm. Then he awkwardly remained standing next to the fire.

What was he supposed to do now? Sit down on the blanket next to Yun Bei Fen? But he had only confessed today and his little bunny had seemed a little confused by all of this. But this was his best chance to get close to him and make sure that nobody else would snatch Yun Bei Fen away. Ah, he really wanted to take advantage of the situation but he didn’t feel too good thinking like that when he looked into Yun Bei Fen’s limpid eyes. It seemed … he really wasn’t worth this person’s admiration.

Mei Chao Bing smiled and sat down on the blanket, pulling Yun Bei Fen into his arms. Screw it. If he wasn’t worth his admiration anyway, then there was no need to pretend. He should just go as far as he could get away with.

Announcement
I've finished writing the main series of Lovely Writing System so I'll raise the release schedule for Like a Ray in My Night. Starting next week, there'll be two updates: One on Tuesday's and one on Thursday's respectively.
31