40 I Remember Everything You Said
713 0 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Fly?" Yun Bei Fen blinked his limpid eyes in confusion. "Didn’t Master say I couldn’t learn it yet because my level hadn’t stabilized?"

Mei Chao Bing really didn’t know what to say. Elder Baili had said so but that had obviously been because he wanted to save his small disciple from the clutches of some bastard. Mn, maybe it wouldn’t be too bad to explain that to his little bunny … That way Yang Wu Huang’s chances of getting close to Yun Bei Fen would be reduced even further.

Yun Bei Fen reached over and tugged at his senior martial brother’s sleeve. "Did I say something wrong?" Otherwise, why would senior martial brother Mei keep quiet?

"Ah, no, that …" Mei Chao Bing shook his head. "I was just thinking back to what Elder Baili said."

Yun Bei Fen tilted his head. His Master? Had his Master said something?

Mei Chao Bing chuckled when he saw Yun Bei Fen’s confused expression. Elder Baili would probably cough up blood if he knew that his disciple could hardly remember his words. Mei Chao Bing gently combed through Yun Bei Fen’s hair with his fingers and smiled gently. "Didn’t he say that when Yang Wu Huang offered to teach you?"

Yun Bei Fen nodded. He remembered as much. He didn’t understand what this had to do with his level though. "I don’t understand. What does that have to do with my level?" Yun Bei Fen’s expression turned even more confused.

Mei Chao Bing pulled him into his arms. "Do you remember what I said after we arrived here in the forest? About Yang Wu Huang?"

Yun Bei Fen blinked and pursed his lips in thought. Between remembering his Master’s words and remembering Mei Chao Bing’s words, he obviously had less trouble doing the latter. "You said he isn’t a good person and I shouldn’t get close to him." He continued to blink his eyes but this time they sparkled in anticipation. This little bunny was obviously waiting for praise.

Mei Chao Bing intimately rubbed his back and leaned down to kiss his forehead. "Mn, you remembered that really well."

Yun Bei Fen beamed and hugged Mei Chao Bing’s waist. "Don’t worry, senior martial brother Mei. I’ll always remember all the things you say!"

Mei Chao Bing couldn’t help himself and pinched his little bunny’s cheeks. "You! How come you’re still calling me senior martial brother then? Didn’t I tell you to just call me Mei Chao Bing?"

The cheeks that Mei Chao Bing still held onto flushed red. It wasn’t that Yun Bei Fen hadn’t remembered, he had rather pretended not to do so because he still felt embarrassed calling his senior martial brother directly by his name. Unfortunately, he couldn’t continue to pretend anymore. Between being embarrassed about calling that name and being embarrassed because his previous self-praise was deemed a shameless lie, he’d much rather be embarrassed about the former!

Yun Bei Fen looked down and tugged and Mei Chao Bing’s robe. "I … I didn’t forget! I …" His gaze flitted from one side to the other. "I just wasn’t sure if you just meant it for that moment or if you really want me to call you that way all the time." He didn’t dare to look up at Mei Chao Bing. Senior martial brother Mei wouldn’t be angry, would he?

Mei Chao Bing wasn’t angry at all. On the contrary, he felt especially great right now. Obviously, his little bunny didn’t dare to speak his mind and even though he probably wanted to call him by his name very much, he didn’t dare to do that either and thus he had once again strained his little head to come up with a believable lie, not knowing that his cute face would give him away even before he opened his mouth. It really was too adorable to watch.

Mei Chao Bing rubbed Yun Bei Fen’s cheeks and once again leaned down to kiss his forehead. "Don’t worry about it. I already thought that that might be the problem so I wanted to remind you. There is no need from holding back. My little Fen’er can call me however he likes. Mei Chao Bing is alright, Chao Bing is also alright." He let go of Yun Bei Fen’s cheeks and instead took his hands, gently rubbing his fingers with his thumb. "If you’d like to call me something even more intimate …" His lips quirked up in a smile and he leaned closer to Yun Bei Fen’s ear. "I wouldn’t mind either."

Yun Bei Fen’s whole face flushed bright red. He didn’t dare to let Mei Chao Bing go on. Before his senior martial brother suggested that he could use some kind of nickname for him, he might as well just us his full name. "Mei Chao Bing!" He hurriedly spoke up to interrupt him only for his eyes to go wide. Heavens! Had he really said that just now?! Oh no! He needed to distract senior martial brother Mei! Once again, his gaze flitted about and he blurted out the first thing he could think of. "Senior martial brother Yang!"

Mei Chao Bing raised his brows. How had they suddenly gone from affectionately flirting with each other to talking about that guy?

Seeing his senior martial brother’s expression Yun Bei Fen also realized that he had said something strange. He blanked and tugged at Mei Chao Bing’s robe anxiously. "I mean … what about senior martial brother Yang now? You said not to get close to him. I remembered that. So what does that have to do with my Master and me consolidating my level?"

Mei Chao Bing smiled and patted the little bunny’s head. "Your Master likely thinks the same as me but it’s not like he could tell that to junior martial brother Yang’s face so he had to make up a lie to make sure he wouldn’t have an excuse to get close to you."

Yun Bei Fen’s eyes widened. "So it was like that!" He never would have thought of that. Sure enough, senior martial brother Mei was especially intelligent to be able to figure something like that out. He couldn’t compare at all.

Mei Chao Bing watched his little bunny’s enlightened expression with a smile and waited for him to ask just why Elder Baili had said the same thing to him too. He couldn’t let him believe that he was a bad person too, after all!

The question never came though. Yun Bei Fen hadn’t paid too much attention to what his Master said at that time since he had been preoccupied with watching Mei Chao Bing. Thus he didn’t remember that particular instance. Well, even if he did, he would probably just assume that his Master’s perception wasn’t as good as he claimed. After all, what could be wrong with senior martial brother Mei?

23