65 This Didn’t Make Sense
433 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mei Chao Bing and Yun Bei Fen finally left the house to go to the plain where the disciples would gather in the morning before setting out in their groups over the course of the day. Yun Bei Fen let Xiao Hui hobble after them while Mei Chao Bing had put Da Hei back into the chest.

His image already wasn’t very good so if he just strolled over with a midnight wolf, things might get troublesome. After all, this beast didn’t look like the type of stuffed animal that Yun Bei Fen had gotten. Furthermore, if the Elder or even Yang Wu Huang took a closer look, they would certainly notice that this beast had already managed to advance to the nascent soul stage. Then he’d have a lot to explain. Even more than he already had to explain now. After all, he was supposedly still in the core formation stage. How would he have been able to get a spiritual beast of a higher level without getting injured? That was almost impossible.

Thus it was still better to keep the existence of the beast to himself for now and just concentrate on the scandal he was already involved in. At the end of the day, it was better to keep a card to himself anyway. Should things turn ugly in the future, Da Hei might be his chance to escape from a predicament.

When Mei Chao Bing and Yun Bei Fen arrived, quite a few of the conversations that had been going on suddenly stopped while other people started to whisper in low voices, thinking that they wouldn’t be able to hear. Unfortunately for them, Mei Chao Bing could hear every single word. He silently listened but didn’t say anything. No, it wasn’t the time yet. He still had to drag this out for a while before the rest of the plan could be implemented.

Yun Bei Fen curiously looked around and then tugged at Mei Chao Bing’s sleeve. "Mei Chao Bing, what are they talking about?" He blinked his limpid eyes, stunning Mei Chao Bing into further silence.

Somehow, he began to understand just what Elder Baili had meant before when he said that it was better not to tell Yun Bei Fen anything. His little bunny really seemed too clueless. If he had known beforehand, he probably wouldn’t have been able to show the same degree of confusion that he did now.

Mei Chao Bing took a moment to gaze at this face and wondered what he should do. He had actually wanted to wait but who could have known that Yun Bei Fen would immediately pick up on the fact that something was wrong?

He gave a wry smile and then shrugged his shoulders. "Who knows? Are you sure that something is wrong? I feel they always behave like this when I appear somewhere."

Yun Bei Fen looked up, his eyes growing wide. So it was like that! They were actually like this because they had seen senior martial brother Mei! The little bunny’s clueless expression turned into anger. Weren’t they ashamed at all? Mei Chao Bing hadn’t done anything at all! How could that be like this?

He pursed his lips and stepped closer to Mei Chao Bing, grabbing his sleeve and not letting go. Even if nobody else liked him, he would definitely stay with him. He had to make sure that senior martial brother Mei knew.

The disciples that had whispered about them before fell silent, watching in wonder just what was going on there. It took a while before one of them silently tugged at the robe of the person next to them. "Heh, wasn’t it said that Mei Chao Bing … You know? Why is Elder Baili’s disciple so close to him?"

The person next to them shook their head, not knowing what to say. They also had no idea just what was going on. Quite a few people turned to them to see if they had an answer but the disciple could only shrug their shoulders. How would they know what was going on?

The whispering started again but this time and grew louder. People hadn’t really dared to speak about the things they had heard out loud in front of Mei Chao Bing but now that something had happened that didn’t make any sense after what they had heard, they couldn’t help but wonder.

Just then, Yang Wu Huang walked over with a few of the disciples he was taking care of next to him. Seeing Mei Chao Bing and Yun Bei Fen already there, his lips curled into a satisfied grin. Most likely, that bastard should have gotten into trouble already. There was no way the other disciples would just let it go after they had heard those rumors. Especially not if the person involved in those rumors was the disciple of a traitor.

Then, his expression darkened. Why was Yun Bei Fen standing so close to Mei Chao Bing? And why was nobody confronting them? Don’t tell him his plan hadn’t worked? This couldn’t be!

Even though Yun Bei Fen had spent the last few years in closed-door cultivation, he was still very popular. Even if he hadn’t been popular before, his popularity had risen after everyone had gathered at the Sect Master’s palace and seen him there. That type of face and body just wasn’t easily forgotten. And considering the high-profile way in which he had returned yesterday, everyone’s memories should’ve been refreshed.

There was no way they wouldn’t know just who this beauty was. Don’t tell him none of these disciples was man enough to go and confront Mei Chao Bing? He really wouldn’t have thought they were that cowardly! In that case, it seemed he’d have to stoke the fire some more.

17