66 You Don’t Need to Pretend
403 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yang Wu Huang glanced at the disciples walking with him and signaled them to move forward. They couldn’t be too direct in their attack but they still had to make sure that the others would be able to perceive their intent clearly. Yang Wu Huang led those disciples onto the square and stopped once again, his gaze resting on Yun Bei Fen.

Mei Chao Bing’s eyes narrowed in response. This guy … It seemed he wasn’t willing to let things go after he had already prepared. Well, that was alright with him. In fact, it would have been a pity if Yang Wu Huang didn’t try to do anything. If he could use this opportunity that his so-called opponent had to kindly presented to him to make the other disciples less vigilant against him so that Yun Bei Fen could find some peace of mind, then that would naturally be very good.

Even though he didn’t mind being shunned if it was just about himself, he didn’t want Yun Bei Fen to suffer because of that. So if at least some of that hate could be dissolved, then that would be very good. He didn’t expect to suddenly become a respected senior in the eyes of anybody but at the very least, it would be good if he didn’t stay the disciple of a traitor forever. If he was just that unfortunate person that had happened to know Elder Feng or maybe some random disciple, then that would be very good.

Yang Wu Huang furrowed his brows in a great show of worry and complicated feelings and then walked up to Yun Bei Fen and Mei Chao Bing. Well, in fact, he walked up to Yun Bei Fen and didn’t even spare Mei Chao Bing a glance as if he wasn’t there. "Junior martial brother Yun."

Yun Bei Fen who hadn’t noticed him up until now looked up in surprise. "Oh. Senior martial brother …" Yun Bei Fen’s gaze darted around. This was the person that Mei Chao Bing had warned him about. But … what was his name again?

Yang Wu Huang waited but the other disciple had already fallen silent and just blinked his eyes. This … Shouldn’t he at least finish his greeting first? Yang Wu Huang’s lips twitched but he forced himself to calm down. "The two of us haven’t seen each other in a while. I was very worried when you didn’t reach the border region together with everyone else. I thought maybe you had lost your way or had been attacked by demonic practitioners on the way. Seeing that that wasn’t the case truly makes me glad."

Yun Bei Fen nodded but didn’t say anything. He probably wasn’t supposed to talk with this person either, was he? He glanced up at Mei Chao Bing and blinked his eyes, asking for instructions.

Mei Chao Bing returned his gaze but merely smiled. He felt that he could already see what Elder Baili had been talking about. Looking at him in this situation … Wasn’t that just giving Yang Wu Huang more incentive to start and slander him? He really doubted that Yun Bei Fen would’ve been able to do that had he been informed of the plan beforehand.

Yang Wu Huang’s gentle smile indeed couldn’t be kept up at that scene. How come Yun Bei Fen was looking at Mei Chao Bing that way? He was even turning to that traitor while he was talking to him! Never mind that he didn’t feel that Mei Chao Bing could compare to him, wasn’t this also impolite? So what did Yun Bei Fen want to say with this reaction?

Yang Wu Huang furrowed his brows and cleared his throat. He had given Yun Bei Fen an opportunity but the boy hadn’t taken it. Well, in that case, he wouldn’t care about whether he was dragged down together with Mei Chao Bing or not. After he was beaten down, maybe he would finally wake up and see just who was the better choice. In that case, he probably would be magnanimous if Yun Bei Fen begged him to be taken in. "Yun Bei Fen … About that … I would like to talk to you."

Yun Bei Fen still hadn’t gotten a response from Mei Chao Bing but since his senior martial brother hadn’t pulled him away, he felt that it was probably alright to talk with this person so he turned back and tilted his head. "What is it?"

Yang Wu Huang looked around and then plastered an embarrassed look onto his face. "Junior martial brother Yun, I’m afraid it wouldn’t be too suitable to talk here with everybody around."

Yun Bei Fen blinked his eyes. "Why not?"

He looked around and noticed that everybody was staring over. Could it be that Yang Wu Huang was afraid to talk about it in front of everyone?

Yang Wu Huang didn’t give him any more time to think about it. He gave a deep sigh as if this was really something that saddened him deeply and then reached out, patting Yun Bei Fen’s shoulder. "Well, it is good that junior martial brother Yun is still this strong."

Yun Bei Fen blinked his eyes in confusion. He was strong? Why didn’t he know about that?

Yang Wu Huang didn’t give him any time to utter his thoughts. "Junior martial brother Yun needs not to pretend in front of me. I’ve already heard what has happened on the way here. You don’t need to worry though. I assure you that this thing won’t stand between us. Me and my junior martial brothers, we definitely won’t treat you any differently. You’re still very welcome."

Yun Bei Fen blinked his eyes. "What are you talking about?"

Yang Wu Huang put on an even more saddened look. "Junior martial brother really doesn’t need to pretend. I’m afraid everybody is already aware of how that person treated you. But rest assured that we still regard you as the same person."

16