68 Too Devious!
371 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The gazes that fell on Mei Chao Bing weren’t nice at all. Yun Bei Fen could only blink his eyes in confusion and look up at him. He wanted to ask what Yang Wu Huang meant but he didn’t know what to say. It seemed that neither did he understand this person nor did this person understand him.

Mei Chao Bing smiled coldly. "Yang Wu Huang, are you insinuating that I did something to Yun Bei Fen?"

Yang Wu Huang gave a cold smile in return. "What you did or didn’t do, you certainly know yourself." Naturally, he wouldn’t say anything that could get him into trouble later. No, he had to tread carefully. The things he previously said, he would be able to explain them with merely hearing those rumors. Nobody could say that he had targeted Mei Chao Bing or had spread those rumors himself. But if he really said that it was Mei Chao Bing, then things might look different.

Mei Chao Bing’s eyes narrowed. "So you dare to say such a thing but you don’t dare to explain what you mean? Just look at him! Obviously, Fen’er is very confused by what you said. Why don’t you explain to him what happened to him?" He reached out and rubbed Yun Bei Fen’s head. "What do you think Fen’er? Do you want him to explain to you?"

Yun Bei Fen nodded eagerly. Since his senior martial brother Mei had already asked in his stead, then it was very good. Maybe if it was him, then this other senior martial brother would actually explain and not just say such confusing things.

The disciples around them looked at Mei Chao Bing coldly though. This guy! He had forced himself on his junior martial brother but now he wanted to pretend that nothing had happened and even tried to influence the person when senior martial brother Yang had stepped forward and offered him his help? This was intolerable! Maybe they should go and beat him up right now.

Yang Wu Huang also scoffed when he saw the others react like this. Obviously, his plan was working after all. They had just needed another push. "Mei Chao Bing, what are you saying? The one who isn’t owning up to what he did isn’t me. You should know that, shouldn’t you?"

Mei Chao Bing continued to brush through Yun Bei Fen’s hair with his fingers. "Is that so? Well, actually I don’t. I’d be very interested in your explanation though."

Yang Wu Huang just narrowed his eyes. He knew what Mei Chao Bing was trying to do. He wanted him to admit it so he could try to somehow make use of that. After all, a lot of people knew that they had competed before. If he managed to make it seem as if he had just done this out of petty revenge, then he would have at least made the others doubt the rumors again.

As if it’d be that easy! No, he wouldn’t let Mei Chao Bing do that. Never mind that his reputation was much better than that of this traitor, he also wasn’t dumb enough to just jump straight into his trap.

Yang Wu Huang didn’t need to answer anyway. Just then, steps sounded from behind them and Elder Baili finally appeared. "What happened for everyone to fall this quiet? Don’t tell me you already caught a demonic practitioner this morning?" His gaze brushed over the disciples, some of which were glancing at Yun Bei Fen uneasily, wondering whether his Master already knew what had happened.

Mei Chao Bing gave Yang Wu Huang a smirk and let go of Yun Bei Fen, turning to the Elder. He cupped his fists and bowed in a show of obeisance. "Greetings, Elder Baili. We were just casually talking but junior martial brother Yang said something rather puzzling. I’m sure everyone is just trying to figure it out."

Yang Wu Huang’s eyes narrowed further. This bastard! Now he was trying to make use of Elder Baili? As if he’d let him! He turned to Baili Chao and also cupped his fists, bowing to the Elder. "Greetings, Elder Baili. In fact, I feel that senior martial brother Mei is exaggerating things. I didn’t say anything puzzling. We were merely talking about how immoral behavior can’t be tolerated. I don’t know why senior martial brother Mei would deem that puzzling."

Baili Chao raised his brows. He hadn’t been far away and had heard the whole conversation. This Yang Wu Huang was quite evil, phrasing it like this. It wasn’t wrong that they had indeed talked about that but that hadn’t been what Mei Chao Bing meant at all. If he hadn’t known what had happened, he might have given Mei Chao Bing trouble. Especially so considering the history with his Master. That was truly too devious!

Mei Chao Bing just smiled. "Oh? So that was what junior martial brother Yang meant. I still don’t quite understand how this is related to Yun Bei Fen here though. The immoral behavior you mentioned must have been what that person did who tricked him?"

Baili Chao furrowed his brows. "Tricked him? Who tricked my disciple? Just what happened here?"

Yang Wu Huang glared at Mei Chao Bing angrily. This guy wanted to force him, didn’t he? Well, unfortunately, he couldn’t keep silent in front of the Elder. In that case, he might need to make a bolder statement though. Well, it shouldn’t be a problem. When the Elder heard what Mei Chao Bing had done to his disciple, wouldn’t he be on his side? He probably wouldn’t bother to investigate anything. After all, everybody knew that he doted on this disciple.

Just when he wanted to speak up, Baili Chao turned to his disciple and raised his brows. "Fen’er, just what happened? Did somebody do something to you?"

Yun Bei Fen widened his eyes. "I don’t know either, Master. I’m just as confused as you."

With that, all eyes returned to Yang Wu Huang. It really would be difficult for him to get out of this now.

18