101 Don’t Make the Same Mistake
241 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Gongsun Chen and Yuan Lei had discussed things and come to terms with what had happened previously, Mei Chao Bing had also returned back to their courtyard with Yun Bei Fen. Elder Baili would likely not return any time soon, so they sat down outside.

Yun Bei Fen glanced at his senior martial brother and put down Xiao Hui. Mei Chao Bing sighed and let Da Hei out as well. The two spiritual beasts played around to their feet, not caring about the gloomy mood around them at all. Or, well, at least Xiao Hui played around. Da Hei glared at it angrily but didn’t dare to do anything with his Master right beside him so he could only endure.

Yun Bei Fen watched the two of them for a while before he turned to the side. He gingerly reached out and took Mei Chao Bing’s hand, wondering if he should say anything. He didn’t quite understand the situation they were in. He only understood that something very serious had happened and that the others weren’t treating his senior martial brother Mei right again. And … well, it seemed that insufferable Yang Wu Huang was behind it once again. Such a bad guy! If he could, he would go and beat him up.

Yun Bei Fen clenched his hand into a fist and looked at it. Most likely … this small fist couldn’t be used to beat somebody up. Maybe he could wait for his first senior martial brother to come here? He would definitely be able to beat Yang Wu Huang!

While Yun Bei Fen planned how to teach the terrible person a lesson, Mei Chao Bing sighed and turned to face him so he wouldn’t worry any longer. "It’s alright. I’m alright. I’m sure that this thing will somehow turn out alright. The Elders will investigate and find the culprit. Even if they don’t find him, they won’t make anyone into a scapegoat. They’re not like that. So what’s there to worry about?"

Yun Bei Fen unclenched his hand and instead looked at the bigger hand holding his. He lightly brushed it with his fingertips, feeling the skin that had gotten cold from the wind. "But you’re sad."

Mei Chao Bing nodded. "I am." He didn’t feel ashamed admitting that. Anyway, he wanted to spend his life with Yun Bei Fen. Naturally, he should be honest. But far more important than admitting to how much what had happened today hurt him … "You know back then, for a moment, I was really considering if it wouldn’t be better if I left the Teng Yong Sect."

"Ah?" Yun Bei Fen looked up, his eyes round. His senior martial brother had wanted to leave the sect?

Mei Chao Bing smiled and nudged his nose. "What are you looking at me like that for? I never did. After all, that was my home and there was you. Actually, as soon as I saw you that day, I had made my decision. It’s just that … So many years have gone by and it is still haunting me. Even if I were to make a clean break and say that I will never have anything to do with that man and will never … betray us. Who will believe me?"

"I’ll believe you." Yun Bei Fen squeezed Mei Chao Bing’s hand back. "My Master also believes in you. And you’ll see when my first senior martial brother comes over that he’ll believe in you as well. That’s already three people. When you meet my other senior martial brothers in the future, I’m sure you can count on them as well.

"Even though my second senior martial brother likes to tease me, he’s also very nice. And y third senior martial brother is very good to me. He would definitely be on your side!"

Mei Chao Bing nodded and reached out, brushing through Yun Bei Fen’s hair. "That makes five then. That is a lot more than other people can say to have at their side. I guess I should be happy with that."

Yun Bei Fen inched closer, wrapping his arms around Mei Chao Bing’s waist and snuggling up against his chest. "You deserve a lot more people. You’re so good to everyone. I really don’t understand why they can’t see that."

Mei Chao Bing sighed and watched his little bunny who was looking sad as well. It seemed he had managed to ruin Yun Bei Fen’s mood as well. "I’m always amazed at how much you believe in me. I don’t know what I’ve done to deserve that. Even if you fell in love at first sight, you still should make sure that you don’t really lose your sense of reality." He nudged Yun Bei Fen’s forehead and gave a sad smile. "You know, I lost mine back then. I looked up at my Master so much that I was unable to see. I didn’t notice any of the signs, even though I’m sure that there should have been many. There is no way he would have been able to hide everything from somebody who spent every single day with him.

"This is the mistake I regret the most in my life. I wouldn’t want you to regret something similar one day. So you should always be careful even if it’s in regard to somebody that you trust very much. Even if it’s about me. Maybe I’m not as good as you think I am."

After all, if he was, then there wouldn’t have been that moment when he hesitated and wavered if maybe he should’ve followed his Master. If he really was as righteous as he thought he was, then that thought should’ve never crossed his mind. But it had. Even though it hadn’t been for long and even though it had only come after he had already reported everything, it had been there. He couldn’t deny that.

Doing so would just be deluding himself.

14