163 Was That The Right Reaction?
144 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mei Chao Bing ignored the people gossiping in the back and instead just focused on Yun Bei Fen. "Alright, alright, don’t worry about me. I’m alright. That’s exactly what these skills are used for: You can form that wall of energy to make sure that an attack won’t hit you."

Yun Bei Fen nodded but he still couldn’t help but continue to look Mei Chao Bing over stealthily. Anyway, maybe senior martial brother Mei was just pretending not to be injured like back then in the forest. He definitely couldn’t let that happen!

If he was really injured, then this was the time when he would have to take out that herb that Xiao Hui found before. Ah, now, he finally realized why it was important to have a spiritual beast. It was actually able to save lives in such a crucial moment.

Mei Chao Bing’s gaze turned doting. He could see very well that his little bunny was absolutely not believing him when he said that he was alright. It seemed that he would have to convince him a little further. "I’m really not injured. What? Do you want me to take off the robe so you can make sure for yourself?"

Yun Bei Fen looked at him, seeming a bit hesitant. Actually, he really would like to take a look to make sure that he wasn’t injured but then again, he really wasn’t sure if taking a look would be such a good idea either. After hesitating for a moment, he finally gave him an uncertain look. "Can I?"

Not only Mei Chao Bing but the whole place fell silent. This … was that really the kind of reaction you should have to that question?

Mei Chao Bing pondered for a moment how to respond to this. He had given him the opportunity to choose so it felt a bit wrong to just say that he wouldn’t do it now. He looked around and then turned back to Yun Bei Fen. "You really want me to take my robe off in front of everyone?"

Yun Bei Fen also looked around as if he had only now noticed that there were still other people around them and blinked his eyes. Only then did he turn back to Mei Chao Bing. "Do you think it’s a problem?"

Mei Chao Bing was slightly taken aback. Was that really a question he needed to ask? Hearing that actually made him worry a little. "Do you think that it isn’t a problem?"

Yun Bei Fen pondered for a moment and then shook his head. "I’ve seen my third senior martial brother take off his robe in front of other senior martial brothers before. He never seemed to mind."

Once again, Mei Chao Bing was at a loss of words. "That’s … I guess you could say that your senior martial brother is just very brave. Not everybody can be like him."

Yun Bei Fen’s lips curved up in a sweet smile and he inched closer to Mei Chao Bing, holding onto his robe. "That’s true. My senior martial brothers are all pretty awesome. But I believe that senior martial brother Mei is even more awesome! So I don’t mind at all if you take off your robe."

Mei Chao Bing’s lips twitched when he heard that. So in the end, they had still gotten back to this? Well, it seemed that he wouldn’t get around it. He sighed and then grabbed Yun Bei Fen’s hand, pulling him a little away from the group. He turned his back to them and then lightly pulled his lapel open, letting Yun Bei Fen take a look. "Is that enough, Fen’er?"

Yun Bei Fen reached up and pulled the robe open further, making sure that he got a really good look. It seemed … Mei Chao Bing hadn’t lied to him. He really wasn’t injured. Having made sure of that, Yun Bei Fen gave a smile and stepped back, waiting for Mei Chao Bing to tidy up his clothes.

Mei Chao Bing gave a wry smile. "So, are you happy now?"

Yun Bei Fen nodded. "Very happy! It’s good that you weren’t injured."

Mei Chao Bing patted his robe one last time and then motioned back. "So if you get another demonstration, will you still be anxious or will you trust me that I know what I can do?"

Yun Bei Fen looked at him with some worry, not quite sure if he really wanted to see it again. "Isn’t once enough?"

Mei Chao Bing sighed and stepped closer to him, pulling him back into his arms. "Fen’er, this is just a demonstration. Even if I didn’t manage to build up a wall of spiritual energy in time, it’s unlikely that I would be seriously injured. If you can’t even take that, then what if we are being attacked by demonic cultivators in the future? You can’t panic. You must trust me that I’m able to deal with it. Otherwise, things could get worse."

Yun Bei Fen pursed his lips, absolutely not happy with what that meant. He really didn’t want to see his senior martial brother Mei getting injured. No, it would be much better if he could just always be well.

Thinking of that, he lowered his head, holding onto Mei Chao Bing tightly. It was a pity that there was nothing he could do to help him out. He definitely had to become stronger in the future. Then he could protect senior martial brother Mei and wouldn’t need to be protected by him. That would be much better.

8