170 The Messenger of Catastrophes
123 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Because of the sensitive content of the letters that they were supposed to send, the Elders hadn’t messaged the other three sects beforehand and left everything to the disciples. Thus, the people of the Zhen Yan Sect were surprised when seeing a group of disciples heading their way and instantly turned alert.

One of the people guarding the camp that they had set up stepped forward, raising his chin and his hands as if he was ready to attack at the first sign of anything suspicious going on. "Stop right there! Who are you and what are you doing here?" He looked them over and realized that they were wearing the robes of the Teng Yong Sect, as well as the small jade tablets that identified them as disciples of certain Masters.

He felt that his vigilance wasn’t quite as necessary but still didn’t let his guard down. Who knew if some demonic practitioners wouldn’t try to use some information like this? Anyway, should the other sects fall, then it wouldn’t be difficult to get these kinds of props for such a ploy.

Mei Chao Bing stepped forward, cupping his fists and inclining his head. "Greetings. We’re disciples of the Teng Yong Sect. Elder Baili and Elder Xing sent us to bring a message to your Elders."

The disciple nodded and then glanced at Mei Chao Bing’s belt, his brows slightly furrowing when he noticed that there was no jade tablet there. "Which Elder’s disciple did you say you were?"

Mei Chao Bing was at a bit of a loss. His Master had betrayed the sect so naturally, that was not a name he could say. After all, not only the Teng Yong Sect but the other three big righteous sects knew about this as well.

He also couldn’t just say any other name. For one, one of the others might mention it and anyway, he hadn’t become the disciple of any of these people so it wouldn’t be right. Thus, he could only smile wryly. "I do not have a Master." Yes, while he had originally been taken in as a disciple by Elder Feng, he did not have a Master anymore for all intents and purposes. Unfortunately, while a Master could disown their disciple and kick them out, a disciple could hardly do the same. So officially, this was still wrong. But he refused to still call himself that man’s disciple.

The disciple of the Zhen Yan Sect raised his brows and then glanced at the jade tablets of the other disciples. It really didn’t make sense to have somebody be the leader of the group who didn’t even have a Master. This was quite strange. Could it be that this really was a scam?

His brows drew together at that thought and his vigilance returned immediately. "Then what about the others? Do you also not have Masters?"

Yun Bei Fen looked at him strangely and then raised the jade tablet hanging at his belt, pointing at it. "No, I’m the disciple of Elder Baili. Here, look, this is the jade tablet that signifies who is my Master. Does your sect not have something like this?"

Mei Chao Bing couldn’t help but smile at that and reached out, rubbing Yun Bei Fen’s head. "The Zhen Yan Sect has spiritual bracelets for that. Anyway, he didn’t really want to know. He’s just making sure that we are indeed from the Teng Yong Sect." Even though he wasn’t happy, he did understand what this was about. So he didn’t take offense to this. He took out the simple jade tablet he had asked from the Sect Master some time ago. Normally, he wasn’t wearing it to not have to answer questions like this but in this situation, it was still better to do so. Thus, he gave it to the disciple of the Zhen Yan Sect. "Will this be enough to verify that we are indeed disciples of the Teng Yong Sect?"

The disciple still was a little wary but he felt that it would be better to just let the Elders decide. Thus, he nodded for now and then waved for them to follow him. "I’ll bring you over."

Mei Chao Bing nodded and then followed him with Yun Bei Fen at his side, the others right behind them.

Contrary to the Teng Yong Sect, the Zhen Yan Sect hadn’t settled down in one of the towns and instead fixed up their own camp in the wilderness, the Elders and disciples living in tents.

The tent that the disciple led them to couldn’t be distinguished from the others at just a glance. The Elders of the sect really liked to keep a low profile.

The disciple stopped in front of the entrance and lightly cleared his throat before calling out. "Elder Fa, a group of people came, saying that they were of the Teng Yong Sect and brought a message from their Elders. Do you want to see them?"

A moment later, the voice of a woman rang out, telling them to enter.

The disciple lifted the flap of the tent and then motioned for them to go in before leaving himself.

Mei Chao Bing went inside first, Yun Bei Fen right behind him, lightly holding onto his sleeve as if afraid.

Normally, Mei Chao Bing might have reassured him but looking at the woman that was sitting at the table, he was distracted for a moment. This woman … He had seen her before. She had known his Master and him. There was no way she wouldn’t recognize him.

Elder Fa looked up when somebody stepped inside and then raised her brows when she saw the person in the lead. "Mei Chao Bing?" She looked at him for a moment and then sighed. "It seems that whatever is going on, won’t be something that I like to hear."

Mei Chao Bing could only give a wry smile. Well, if he could, he would also much rather bring good news. Unfortunately, he seemed to be the messenger of catastrophes.

8