208 When Will You Be Back?
95 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Baili Chao waited for the other groups to return and then called the people he had decided on over to his courtyard.

When Yang Wu Huang arrived, he couldn’t help but glance at Mei Chao Bing and then at Zhi Guan who was standing next to Yun Bei Fen. Zhi Guan was definitely well-known in the Teng Yong Sect so he immediately realized who this person was. He wasn’t quite sure why he was here or rather why all of them had been called together but it would be good if he was able to make Zhi Guan’s acquaintance. If Yun Bei Fen’s senior martial brothers had a better impression of him than of Mei Chao Bing, it would definitely be to his advantage. It was just that he couldn’t make it too obvious in front of the Elder.

Baili Chao glanced at the disciples and made sure that everyone was there before he started to explain. "The groups that went to inform the other sects of our findings have finally returned. On the other hand, as all of you already know, Yang Wu Huang’s group found another array in the border region but was attacked.

"So far, we haven’t been able to investigate this array since the risk was too high and other tasks still needed to be accomplished. Since everybody has returned now it is time to go ahead though. All of you are to go over there and search for any clues that are still available.

"My disciple, Zhi Guan, will lead you. Considering that all of your levels are high, you should be able to defend yourself even if you were attacked again. The last group was unable to finish their search so we will have to rely on your findings to make sense of this. Don’t take this task lightly. Especially considering that the last group was attacked, this could be another clue or maybe even the key to finding out what the demonic practitioners’ plan is. So the more you are able to find out, the better. Are there any questions?"

The disciples shook their heads. This task was pretty straightforward: They would go over to the place that had been found, check out the array, and then return to report. If they were attacked, they would defend themselves. What more was there to say?

When Yang Wu Huang heard that they were about to go on a mission under Zhi Guan’s lead, his eyes immediately lit up. This was precisely the kind of opportunity he had waited for! If he managed to use this mission to show his worth to Zhi Guan, his chances would definitely be better. On the other hand, maybe he would be able to make him realize that Mei Chao Bing definitely wasn’t the right choice of partner for his junior martial brother.

In any case, everybody knew how much Elder Baili’s older disciples doted on their junior. If even one of them felt that Mei Chao Bing wasn’t good enough for Yun Bei Fen, there would be problems. He had to make use of that. If the other people in the group realized that Mei Chao Bing was no good, that would even be an added benefit.

Mei Chao Bing also glanced at Yang Wu Huang but didn’t bother to say anything. Instead, he turned around to Yun Bei Fen and lightly cupped his cheeks. "I don’t know how long we will be gone. It might just be today or maybe we’ll also need tomorrow. You just wait here and practice a bit more. You can ask your Master or one of the other disciples for help. When we’re back, I’m going to look at how much progress you’ve made, alright?"

Yun Bei Fen immediately nodded. While he would’ve liked to stay with Mei Chao Bing, just looking at his senior martial brother and the other disciples that were going with them, he also knew that he had no place being there. His level was still much too low. So it really was best if he stayed at home and trained more. Maybe the next time, he would already be good enough to be there with him when something was happening.

Mei Chao Bing actually heaved a sigh of relief. He knew that Yun Bei Fen really liked to cling to him so he had been afraid that he wouldn’t take it well when he needed to stay behind. But it seemed he had been worrying too much. His little bunny still understood what kind of situation they were in. He really was sensible. "Alright, I’ll hurry as much as I can." He pulled him closer and kissed his forehead, before finally stepping back.

Zhi Guan had been watching the two of them and then went over to Yun Bei Fen’s side as soon as Mei Chao Bing step back. He stared at him for a moment as if he didn’t quite know what to say or do and then finally reached out, patting his head. "We’ll be back soon. Don’t worry too much."

Yun Bei Fen nodded and then the disciples turned around and left. Yun Bei Fen watched them, waving at their backs until they were completely out of sight. Then, he turned to his Master and pouted. "Master, when do you think they’ll get back?"

Elder Baili’s lips twitched. "What kind of question is this? They just left! And didn’t Mei Chao Bing say that it would take a day or two? What are you asking me for? You think I’m able to look into the future?"

Yun Bei Fen looked at his Master and then shook his head. "Mei Chao Bing can’t look in the future. Why would you be able to do it?" Saying so, he turned around unhappily and then went to practice just as he had promised. No matter if it was one day or two, he wanted to make some more progress until Mei Chao Bing came back. It would be best if he had learned exactly how to do it by the time he came back so he could surprise him.

Well, this kind of idea sure was nice but there was no way to actually make true on it. Yun Bei Fen just wasn’t that kind of fast learner.

7