5: College Girl
473 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Beep!’ ‘Beep!’ ‘Beep!’ ‘Slam!’ My hand reached out and whacked the alarm clock. Ugh. I really need to get a radio alarm or something... Stretching slightly, I lay there and thought on what I need to do today. I need to go and re-enrol as a girl now... hopefully my Emerged documents are online so I won’t have to jump through hoops in order to prove who I am.

Then I need to go to class... great... I’m looking forward to computing, because that’s actually something that I want to do. But I’m not looking forward to Business and Finance studies... ugh that was my father who forced me to take that... “Computing is an decent skill to have. But to run a business you need to know actual skills like finance and...” blah, blah, blah... boring shit. He’s been trying to groom me to take over his company for years. But I want nothing to do with his stupid vanity project.

Hold on a second... ‘Daddy dearest’ would never let me take over his company now... since I’m a girl. And girls, “Are not meant to run a business. That’s a man’s job...” As he would like to constantly remind Mum and Lizzie. Especially if I’m an Emerged... he hates Emerged people... in fact the only thing he likes about the Emergences is the technology that came through with them. And even then he only tolerates it because it can get him more money... which means...

“Yes!” I screamed happily. I’m free! I don’t have to take over dad’s fucking asshole business anymore! But... I can’t just drop Business/Finances or else he might notice... hmm. I guess I could get it switched to something else... but what? I’m really good on computers... I mean I’d have to be for my job. I help manage a website and when I’m not needed for that I write code for different people. Some people need better protection from hackers or need help coding a game... some people even hire me as a white hacker to test out their computer security systems. I don’t technically even need to take computing because I basically already know how to do everything on a computer... I just do it because it will look good on a cv. And will help to draw more customers to me if I actually have a degree in computing.

But what else could I do? Maybe something in design? I don’t know... maybe I should ask Samantha and Jack... I continued to think about it as I got up and started to get ready for college. I took a shower and washed everything. I felt the hot water wake me up as it ran over my smooth, still hairless body. I really needed to ask Spentricus about that the next time I see her... If it even is her that caused it. Once I finished I dried off and entered my room... hmm. First day in college as a girl... I should probably dress myself up more for today. But I also want to be comfy... hmm.

I went through a few items but eventually decided on a black, slightly lacy crop top. The pair of black skinny jeans from that outfit I bought/wore yesterday. A pair of white trainers and white socks. Some cute dark blue panties and matching bra... and a white zippered hoodie to top it all off. Did I mention that I have so many hoodies that I literally categorise them by zippers and shit? Anyway, I made sure to keep the zipper zipped down of course... to show off my crop top... and if I wanted to look even cuter I could make my hoodie fall down slightly so it shows my shoulders... Jesus, I’m getting into this girl stuff fast...

Next I worked on my hair... I dried it with my hairdryer and brushed it out with my new brush. Then I took segments of it and turned it into a couple of braids in which I wrapped around my head, making it seem as if I had a braided crown. It then met in the middle and I braided it again into a bigger braid that cascaded down my back. Once I’d finished, I fixed up the rest of my hair slightly before starting on my makeup. I did just what Samantha did to me yesterday. A bit of mascara, eyeliner and lipgloss. Except this time the lip gloss was pink strawberry, (that also tastes like strawberries) other than yesterday which was only a clear lipgloss.

Once I was done I looked around to see what else I had to do... I then saw my new purse sitting on a chair near the door. I went over to it and picked it up and had a look at what was inside... some mascara... some lipstick... a few hair bands... a packet of tissues, and a packet of baby wipes... sanitary lotion... a deodorant stick... and finally some... are those sanitary pads? Oh god... periods. I forgot about those... I am not looking forward to that.

I picked up my lipgloss and eyeliner and chucked them into the purse. Then I took my brush and chucked it in there too. Alongside with my phone, phone charger, wallet, headphones, some pens, some pencils and my notepad. I put my custom laptop and it’s plug in there also, just in case I needed it for something...

And when I mean custom laptop, I really mean custom. Because I built it. I took apart a small laptop and rebuilt it with different parts... some from other laptops, some small computer parts, some phone parts. I even managed to replace the shitty camera with parts from a really good go-pro. I then coded it and programmed it... it still has a few kinks to work out, but once I’ve properly finished this puppy, I plan on mass-producing it and either build my own company or just be the majority shareholder in one and let other people run it. Anyway...

Once I had finished getting ready. I picked up my purse and headed out of my room where I immediately ran into Samantha who was on her phone.

“Hey Elle. I was just about to knock to see if you wanted help wi...” She immediately stopped when she looked up at me.

“Holy shit! I... I... what!?!?” She was dumbstruck. Mouth agape and completely blown away.

Hearing the commotion Jack immediately ran out of his room. But stopped dead in his tracks the moment he saw me.

“Holy cow...” he said. Completely blown away at my appearance.

“Okay. Who are you and what did you do with Alan?” Samantha laughed. She couldn’t believe her eyes.

“Guys stop...” I blushed.

“I’m sorry. But I’m just amazed right now... Not only have you picked out a super cute and casually girly outfit. But you’ve even styled your hair and did your makeup flawlessly. And damn... I’m officially wet right now...” Samantha said as she gushed over my looks.

“Ignoring the last part about how horny she is. She’s right Elle... Wow... Actually, wow doesn’t cut it. You look phenomenal...” Jack said as he too gushed over my appearance.

“Thanks guys...” I said happily as my blush deepened further.

“God! I knew that you were good at hair from when we were younger. And I did occasionally ask you to help me with makeup... but I never knew it would lead to this! Not to mention how much of a secret fashionista you are! I never knew! If I’d known that you were this great with girl’s fashion. I would have brought you with me every time we went shopping!” Samantha said with amazement in her voice.

  Oh yeah... I forgot about that... when we were younger and I had long hair I would play around and style both Samantha’s and my own hair. And I even got so good at doing it that I could create different crazy styles with ease... Unfortunately though, my father got involved. And he just bullied and pressured me until I gave in and got it cut...

“Uh, changing the subject. I wanted to ask you guys something before we catch the bus...” I started... as much as I secretly adore being praised for my choices and looks I had something more important to ask them.

“Oh. Um, okay what?” Samantha asked. Caught unawares at the sudden subject change.

“I just realised this morning as I woke up that, I won’t ever inherit my father’s stupid company now because I’m a girl... and Emerged... so I can finally stop taking Business/Finance. But I don’t want him to notice that I stopped taking it. So instead I must come up with another course to take so he doesn’t suspect something. And I have no idea what to choose. I was thinking maybe something in design? I don’t know...” I rambled the entire explanation.

“Wow. Sometimes I forget how sexist your father is Elle... but good for you! I knew that you hated taking that class. But I’m not sure what to suggest... maybe Graphic design? Or whatever it’s called...” Jack suggested.

“Well I think it’s obvious what you should take...” Samantha said suspensefully. We both just stared at her expectingly. “Elle you should take Hair and Beauty!” She said excitedly.

“Really? Hair and Beauty?” I asked unsure.

“Uh, yeah! Girl, you don’t even realise how talented you are at hair... I mean just look at that masterpiece on your head! And what... how long did it take you to do it? 20 minutes?” She guessed while looking at me like I’m being an idiot.

“...uh, more like 5 actually... I kinda rushed it.” I mumbled slightly.

“See! Even when rushing it comes out as a masterpiece! Wait really? 5 minutes? Damn... Anyway... You should totally do it! Just Imagine how good you could have been if your dickwad of a father didn’t force you to cut all of your hair off when we were younger. Plus, he would hate you taking a hairdressing course so that’s an added bonus.” She said convincingly.

“You know what... I think I will. If nothing else it will be a giant fuck you to my father. And taking Hair and Beauty is worth it just for that. Thanks Samantha!” I said with determination and a tiny bit of hatred in my eyes.

“You’re welcome Elle... Now let’s quickly grab breakfast and get to the bus stop before we have to walk to college...” Samantha said as she dragged both Jack and I, into the kitchen.

We all had a very quick breakfast of scrabbled eggs and toast, not to mention our tasty morning drinks... Then it was off to college. The bus was a bit crowded today but that’s normal... We all sat together in one of the 4 seater booths that were, miraculously, still empty. We didn’t talk though, we just listened to music until we got to college.

After we got off, I waved goodbye to my friends who had different classes to get to today. Samantha to her Fashion course and Jack to his Engineering course. I on the other hand had to get to the reception so that I could re-register as an Emerged girl. As I walked I glanced around at the campus of the college. A lot of it was old. Like 2-300+ years old... but here and there, there would be modern buildings that somehow kept with the original design of the place. In total it looks like a weird, but cool mixture between old and modern that blended together to form a timeless work of art.

I eventually got to the reception though. Which, was completely empty except for one girl sitting in the corner on her phone. And the occasional passerby on their way to class. I walked up to the receptionist who saw me coming and prepared herself.

“Um... hi? I need to re-register please?” I asked shyly.

“Yeah, sure! Do you have a college account already?” She asked inquisitively.

“Uh yes it’s... and the password is...” I told her what they were. She quickly typed them in and gave a slight look of surprise at my account.

“Okay... Ah... Yes... and... done!” She said happily.

“Wait that’s it? We’re done?” I asked astonished.

“Yes, Miss Poolbrook. It seems as if your OMR documents have already gone through... which is a first. Usually they take a while so we usually have to do everything manually.” She explained while printing something out.

“Here is your new lanyard. And that’s it... unless you want something else?” She asked as she studied my face expectantly.

“Uh yeah... I would like to...” I started before she cut me off.

“Change your course?” She asked with an unsurprised face.

“Uh yeah... how did you know?” I asked curiously.

“Some people, who Emerge like you. You know... swap genders...” she whispered that last part before continuing. “Usually end up changing their course to something else. For a variety of different reasons... Anyway. So what course do you want changed?” She asked as her fingers hovered over her keyboard in anticipation.

“Um... I want to change from Business/Finance studies to Hair and Beauty... please.” I told her quietly.

“Sure!” She chirped, as she typed away on her keyboard.

The rest of the conversation was just stuff about money, and things I should know about changing course and stuff that you probably don’t want to know...

As I was about to leave the reception, the girl who was sitting in the corner previously on her phone. Called out to me “Excuse me?” She said as she briskly walked up to me.

Holy shit... she was gorgeous! She was slender, tall and fit. She had long wavy golden brown hair, with subtle blonde highlights running through it. Her face was slender and soft looking. Her high cheekbones showed off her rosy cheeks and big round eyes. Which were a soft light brown, they seemed to almost glow. She had a small dainty nose, and a cute jawline that drew attention to her small chin and soft pouty lips. Her eyebrows were slightly thick and plucked to perfection... and her body... wow! She was pretty tall, maybe 5’8? It’s hard to tell. She had what looks like C cup breasts and soft dainty shoulders. Her waist was super thin and curved into her giant ass and hips. She might have a 6 pack or something, but I don’t know. Her shirt was covering her waist.

She had super long toned skinny legs that went on for days... they looked like they should belong on a model... shit maybe she is one... she also had long, toned arms that ended with dainty little hands. That had some very pretty pink nails on them...

“Uh... y-yes?” I spluttered nervously.

“Sorry to bother you but this map is so confusing... Can you tell me where T107 is?” She asked politely. With a slight hint of desperation in her eyes.

“Wait. T107? You don’t happen to take Computing do you?” I asked with surprise.

“Yes! That’s the course I’m taking. It’s my first day here... so... sorry. I’m just so lost.” She apologised.

“Don’t worry! That’s fine. The map is super confusing, it throws most people off. Even when they’ve been here for years. They list the departments and the buildings onto different parts and you have to figure out which one is which before you can do anything. Then you need to translate the meaning of the room. So T is Technology, 1 is the floor number and 07 is the room. But floor 1 isn’t the ground floor like it is in a lot of places it’s actually the second floor. If it was the ground floor instead it would be TG07 instead. Does that make sense?” I tried explaining. As non confusingly as possible.

“I think so? It sounds stupidly complicated for like no reason though.” She said while she thought on what I just explained.

“If you want, we can just go together anyway. Seeing how we’re both in the same class.” I reasoned.

“Wait really? You take Computing too? What are the chances of that?” She asked bemused.

“No idea... but we should get going. Otherwise we’re both going to be late.” I said as I walked towards the exit of the reception area.

“Oh, right!” She said as she caught up with me.

“I’m Elle by the way...”. I said as we walked quickly towards the Technology department.

“Hello Elle. It’s nice to meet you. I’m Evangeline.” She said as she shook my hand while we were walking.

“Evangeline huh? Not a name you usually hear a lot...” I said. Attempting to make small talk.

“Yeah. My parents wanted a unique name for me. No idea why though...” She half explained.

We continued on in slightly awkward silence until we got to the classroom.

“Thank you for being so kind. I’m not sure what I would have done if you hadn’t helped me...” Evangeline thanked me happily.

“That’s alright. It’s no sweat off my back, really.” I responded politely.

“Well, still...” She said as we entered the classroom. Which was more like a computer lab actually.

I swiped my lanyard on the registry. Seeing what I did, Evangeline followed suit. I was about to head over to my usual spot when I saw Evangeline just awkwardly standing there nervously and looking around the room.

“Hey if you want we can sit together...” I preposed.

“Really? Okay. Thanks!” She said with a super happy smile. Which sent a few shivers of goosebumps throughout my body. Damn she was cute.

As we sat down, I turned on my computer and booted it up. Logging into it and getting everything set up. I looked over to Evangeline who was doing the same. Satisfied, I leaned back in my chair and relaxed.

The lesson was pretty standard and normal. Me and Evangeline got a few looks for being ‘the new girls’ but other than that it was normal until...

‘Bzzzz’ ‘beoooo’ the computers started crashing. “Aghh! Not again... that’s the third time this month! What the hell is going on with the college’s network?” Our teacher Mr Harkness cried out in frustration.

God damn it. This has happened before. The network goes all screwy and makes every computer connected to it crash. I think it has something to do with Windows or something similar. It’s probably a virus if I had to guess. But who knows. I continued watching Mr Harkness attempt to reboot the system from his computer but, it was having non of it and kept crashing. I was about to  just fiddle around on my phone when an idea popped into my head.

Suddenly I grabbed my purse and took my laptop out. Switching it on I tried out my idea... hmm. Yes... no... maybe? Yes! I quickly got up and went over to Mr Harkness. I felt the entirety of the class staring at me as I did.

“Uh. Harkness? Do you mind if I have a go? I think I have an idea.” I said to him calmly as he just looked at me strangely.

“Eh... fine. I guess it couldn’t hurt. I doubt you’ll be able to do anything though. From what I can tell it’s a virus that must have infected the college’s network somehow and is targeting Windows.” He said. As he watched me put my laptop on his desk and got ready to plug it into his computer.

Ah so it was as I thought. A virus targeting the main operating system... namely, Windows.

“Woah, woah, wait girl! If you plug your laptop in it will infect it too!” He yelled at me like I was an idiot.

I just looked at him with a frown before responding. “My laptop can’t get infected by the virus. Because my laptop doesn’t run Windows...” I explained.

“Oh. What does it run then, Linux?” He asked curiously.

“No. It runs Trinium...” I said as I plugged in my laptop and started hacking into the network.

“Trinium?” I’ve never heard of Trinium before...” He said. While rubbing his head in confusion.

“That’s because I invented it...” I said as I continued to hack the college’s network and slowly corner the virus.

“What? You? You invented a new operating system? I’m... wow. Why are you even here then? You’re probably better than me with computers.” He admitted, completely dumbstruck at my computer skills.

“Two reasons. One, I’m self taught. So by taking this class I might discover faster methods of doing things or get more ideas on how to improve my own methods. And two, I really want to have a diploma in Computing. It will probably be very helpful to have.” I explained while I finished tracking down the virus. I cornered it and killed it with the anti-virus I just created. And then I sealed up the apparent breach in the coding of the college network.

I then unplugged my laptop and turned it off. I then rebooted Mr Harkness’ computer for him aaaaand voilà!

“There you go! Good as new...” I said casually. I was actually really proud of myself for coming up with that Anti-virus so quickly but I made sure not to show it. I didn’t want to come off as someone who was full of themselves.

“I... wow. Well done... uh... what’s your name?” He asked me.

“Elle.” I answered nonchalantly.

“Well! Well done Elle! That was absolutely brilliant of you to be able to fix that so quickly.” Mr Harkness praised me.

“You’re welcome.” I said calmly as I walked back to my seat. As I went past people I heard them talking softly to each other.

“Wow, she must be like, a super genius or something...” I heard one girl say.

“Holy shit. She’s both hot and a genius? Damn. She’s like, the perfect woman.” I heard one guy say. I blushed slightly when he said that.

“Pfft... show off...” I heard another guy say. Well I didn’t see you helping did I?

When I got back to my seat Evangeline was staring at me with her beautiful mouth agape.

“Wow Elle! That was amazing! And I thought I was a good hacker... you literally killed that virus and restored the whole system within like, 5 minutes...” She said. Amazed at my skills.

“It was nothing... just a little hack and a little bit of extermination.” I shrugged.

“Well. It was still awesome. So humble yourself all you want but I’m going to remain impressed all the same.” She beamed at me.

I blushed before turning back to my now working computer and continued on where I left off.

After class ended I quickly checked my schedule on my account. Ah. So I don’t have anything else for today? It seems that hairdressing happens on a different day, unlike Business/Finance studies. Which happened straight after Computing. So glad that I don’t have to take that boring course anymore...

“Do you have anymore classes today?” Evangeline asked. As she practically hopped up right next to me.

“Uh no. I don’t. Why?” I asked curiously... and nervously.

“Well I was wondering if you would like to hang out or something sometime?” She asked hopefully.

“Wait what? Really? Why?” I asked. Wondering why she would want to hang out with someone like me. I mean I’m still a shut in. Just because I have a different body doesn’t still mean that I’m a loser... and a nerd.

“Well because you’re smart, and kind. And I see a sort of kindred soul in you.” She explained with a strange but cute twinkling in her eyes.

Before I could reply I got a message on my phone.

:Samantha: Can you pick up some groceries before you go home today? I know that there is no hairdressing today so if you could do that. That would be helpful ;)

:Alan: Sure...

Whoops I forgot to change that... let me just... and there.

I turned back to Evangeline. “Sorry about that. Um, yeah! I would love to hang out. We could do so now if you want? Unless you’ve got more classes today that is?” I asked. Please say that you have no classes.

“Nope. Just Computing... So sure! Where do you want to go?” She asked.

“Well I have groceries to pick up but then you could come back to my place if you want?” I asked. Hoping that she says yes.

“Yeah sure! That sounds good.” She agreed. A smile growing on her face.

“Cool... lets go...” I said as I started to walk towards the entrance of the college. Holy shit... this is actually happening...

Unfortunately, no sooner had we passed though the entry point into college, when suddenly an alarm went off. I saw Evangeline take out her phone and look at it... she looked... upset? Annoyed? One of those things for sure. She turned towards me dishearteningly.

“I’m so, so, sorry! But something just came up. Someone I know was in an accident and I need to go and check up on them.” She apologised. Uh... fuck... Rain check?” She said with a hint of urgency.

“Oh. Shit. Yeah... do? Do you want me to go with you?” I asked worriedly.

“That’s very kind of you. But I really don’t want to bother you any further. But definitely rain check yeah?” She asked as she backed away slowly.

“Uh yeah, totally. Rain check. You go... hope your friend is alright.” I said, kind of upset that I won’t be hanging out with my new, and extremely attractive, friend now...

“Thanks... sorry again. See you later though!” She yelled as she rushed away extremely quickly.

“Great... just great... so much for that then... hopefully I see her again... she is soooo cute!” I quietly said out loud to myself.

I slowly walked for about 10 minutes until I came to a street that led to the nearest store. I then started to pick up the pace a bit until I got about... half way through the street when suddenly...

‘BOOOOOM’ A loud explosion rung out...

“What the fuck was that?!?!” I shouted out loud.

17