Chapter One: The End of Humanity.
592 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2020/8/31 Monday, 05:15 AM.

It was just a typical Monday Morning.

I woke up 15 minutes later than usual, but no matter, as I still have a lot of time to play some games before I have to go to work.

I got up from my bed and went to the bathroom.

It only took me 5 seconds to reach my bathroom. That was a given as I lived in a small apartment that consisted of one room, one bathroom, and a tiny kitchen area.

Buying this place was one of the best decision I made in my life.

I'm 21 years old. I dropped out of college after my third year in IT and started doing some freelance gigs until I landed a decent job at an electronics store that didn't require a college degree, just experience.

I'm proud to say that I'm a person with few needs.

I'm okay with almost all foods (except eggplants. God, I hate those abominations) I'm not one to dress up too much, and most of my free time is spent playing games or reading web novels.

2 years ago, I was kicked out of my parents' house because I did two major things that my parents did NOT like at all.

First, I announced that I'm no longer a Christian, and I just want to live my life without the restriction of religion.

And the second reason is I fucked our neighbor's daughter and knocked her up.

They wouldn't believe that she was the one the seduced me, but who cares now.

After crashing at a bunch of my friend's houses, I got my first paycheck and rented out this place.

After 1 and a half years of saving up, I was able to afford the price of this apartment.

The owner was struggling financially so I was able to purchase this place at almost a third of its actual price.

Enough about the haven that is my apartment.

A little about me, I'm a male (If it wasn't obvious by the time I said I knocked up my neighbor's daughter), 180 tall, a "very decent" face (According to my three female coworkers).

I have short brown hair, fair skin, and a pair of green eyes.

While taking a bath, If I looked down, I would see the only thing I would thank my father for.

My 7-inch canon.

Walking out of the bath naked (Because I can) I start drying my hair with a towel while leaving my body wet.

It's quite hot here so I need this refresher.

I walk around my room, still naked while checking my phone for any texts and after responding to some and ignoring some, I start playing an idle cookie clicker mobile game.

After mindlessly clicking through upgrades and gettings currency in amounts that can't even be counted, I find myself completely dry.

Putting on a boxer I sit down in front of my PC, I launce Fall guys and start playing.

After around 2 hours of playing, getting a few wins, but mostly losing as I still suck at this game, my phone rings, signaling my 7:30 alarm.

I have to be at work by 8:30, I need 5 minutes to get ready and 50 minutes to get to my workplace leaving me with 5 minutes which I use to flirt with Jane, my morning shift partner.

Getting up, I wear a black pair of jeans with a white T-shirt on top.

Going back to the bathroom, It takes me 2 minutes to do my hair backward.

2 minutes left. It takes me 1 minute to put my white running shoes on, so I use the last minute to look out of the window.

I dropped the curtains to the side and at the same time, and by the time my eyes adjusted to the sunlight, my jaw was already on the floor.

"What.The.Fuck." Was all I could utter as I looked upon the absolute chaos happing outside my window.

Fires where everywhere, explosion where happing at random places in the city now and then, people were running around in the streets, screaming their heads off (I assume they are, but I can't actually hear them, as my windows are the noise-canceling type, so I couldn't hear anything of what's going on outside.)

Cars were crashed into buildings or lighting pools or fire hydrants.

But the weirdest thing was the hundreds of 'people' walking around slowly, arms extended outwards, almost all of them had deathly pale skin, except for a few which were green in some areas.

Those things are straight out of a zombie movie.

The zombies varied quite a lot in size, and after observing for about 5 minutes, I found out they varied in speeds too.

Their sizes were ranged all the way from the size of an infant to the size of a grown adult.

Their speed seems to be based on their size, as the smaller they are, the faster they run.

I could see a bit in the distance a man running for his life, followed by a horde of at least 50 of those zombies.

3 pre-teen sized zombies broke off from their horde and started running ahead of them, catching up to the man.

Upon reaching him, they bounced on top of him and held him down, but did nothing else.

The man struggled and struggled, managing to successfully fling of the first zombie off of him, and by the time he got the second one, it was already too late, as the rest of the hoard had caught up and started bouncing on him, biting him in every inch of his body.

The man's face twisted in agony as he started screaming and jerking, trying to get the zombies off of him, but to no avail, as he was soon buried in tens of adult-sized zombies.

I was weirdly unfazed about this whole thing.

I mean, the death part was not that shocking, as it never bothered me. I'm not strong-willed, but death just wasn't something that shocked me.

But I should at least be worried about the zombies, shouldn't I? Well, my rapidly beating heart and the grin splitting my face disagreed with anything related to worry.

"This... This is the end of the fucking world, isn't it? Going to work? pffft, let's kill some fucking zombies."

18