Chapter Four: Menus & Zombies.
413 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Menu
Friends Inventory Shop
Base Options Buffs Tickets
Kills. Map Powers

My eyes are immediately drawn to the most magical word I've ever seen, my heart was beating so hard that I thought it would break my rib cage and escape.

[Inventory].

The dream of all gamers, taking many stuff with you where ever you go without having to carry them. storing large boulders and dropping them on your enemies and so many other things.

But there's something strange about it... why is it colored in red?

Trying to click mentally, and after failing, physically, I give up and acknowledge the fact that it might be simply locked for now.

"BUT WHY! WHY GIVE IT TO ME IF YOU ARE NOT GONNA LET ME USE IT!" I scream in anger, as I truly was angry at this stupid system for getting my hopes up.

I take a few seconds to calm down and keep going through the menus I have.

The next thing to catch my eye is the [Shop].

Mentally selecting it, another box to the side appears. This just confirms the fact that my inventory is locked for now.

Looking at the [Shop] menu, I first notice how big it is compared to all the other menus.

The menus so far hadn't exceded the size of squares 20 cm wide by 30 cm tall, and that was the long message explaining about the Virus.

The [Shop] menu on the other side is so large, it's taking up my entire field of vision, so this seems like a must-not-use during combat for sure.

The menu is 2 meters tall and 50 cm wide.

the list is filled at least 200 or so different entries, and all of their prices were the same currency the ad used: SC.

At the bottom left corner, I could see in small writing: [Current wealth: 10 SC] hm, did I perhaps get it from the zombie I killed?

Who cares, as it doesn't seem to be a lot compared to the price tags next to the items.

Something like [Cleansing Potion] costs 600,000 coins.

in the last row, I see something that bothers me. the row is almost cut in half, showing only half the words. This imminently reminds me of phone screens and scrolling, so I mentally 'scroll' down, and my jaw hits the floor.

Next to the list appeared a scroll bar, at 2 meters tall, and the point moving on it was the size of a grain of rice.

The thing that made my jaw hit the floor is the fact that despite me scrolling through a couple of hundreds of items now, the scroll point bearly moved!

I scrolled and scrolled, going through thousands of entries a second, and after going at it for about a minute or so, the point finally moved, albite a very, very, very small distance, that I could've just imagined it.

Feeling a bit of headache at thought of how many items there is in this list, I exit it and move on to the next menu. I don't have money to buy anything, and I don't think window shopping is the best use of my time now.

Next, I tried Base Options and Map, getting no response from both.

5 Left. Opening friends I'm greeted with an empty box. No surprise there.

Kills shows a single entry: [Tier 1 Zombies]x1.

Buffs and Powers both give me an empty box.

Now, before I go to the last entry, I mentally command all the boxes around me to close.

one second they were there, the one after it they weren't.

Opening [Tickets], a box listing the names of the tickets I just received from the rewards message I got a second ago, and next to each one I have the option to either use one of them or multiple at once.

I skip the first ones, the food tickets, as I'm not short on that for now.

Moving on to the [Iron Tier Item Ticket]s, I choose the option to use them both.

Rolling for Iron Tier Tickets:
Item: Healing potion x1.
Item: Strengh buff pill x1.

All of a sudden, faint blue light particles started appearing Mid-Air right in front of me, and after a second or so, these particles turned into a glass tube filled with green liquid and closed off with a cork, and a small white piece of candy.
I hurridly place my hands under the glass tube to catch, thinking it would fall down, but it simply stayed hovering in its place along with the pill.
I relaxed as I realized that nothing is in danger of breaking, and carefully placed one hand on each of the items floating. Once I touched them they lost their levitation power and settled in my hands.
Looking at the pill, I found it looking not like a pill, but like any normal hard candy, you could get anywhere. taking a sniff to see if it has a weird smell, I was assaulted with the sweetest smell I've ever smelled.
I started drooling, as I had a bit of a sweet tooth, and the box said it's a strength buff, so It can't be anything bad, right?
After contemplating for about 0.3 seconds, the sweet smell won me over and I chucked the pill into my mouth.
I start sucking on it, and my mouth is immediately flooded with sweet goodness.
"Mhmmmmm, shoooo gooood," I say while enjoying the sweet taste of the pill. It took me about 2 minutes to finish the thing, and my only regret is that I didn't suck it slower so it can last longer.
Opening my buffs menu to check if I got anything new, I see that 2 entries have been added.

[Strength x2] Time remaining: 23:59:52

Current Strengh: 200% of base strength.

'Hmmm, it says my strength is at 200% but I don't feel any difference.' I think to myself as I look around for something to test this supposed strength boost.

'Ah, the bed. I always had trouble moving it around for cleaning'

Getting next to the bed, I crouch down and place my hands under it and lift up with everything I have.

"WOAH!!" *thud* I cry out as I almost send the bed flying, only to get surprised and drop it down.

"Hoooly shit, it fucking works."

13