Chapter 5 Demonic rabbit ( Part 3 )
539 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[*Ding* Congratulations <Psychokinesis> has been set as your Focus.]

 

[*Ding* Congratulations you have gained a new skill, <Telekinesis>]

 

[*Ding* Congratulations you have killed a Demonic rabbit.]

 

As my eyes started to turn back into their normal yellowish-orange color I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my head, with it information flooded into my brain in waves however the pain eventually subsided as I started to get a basic understanding of Focuses

Which were more like main skills that with enough practice and understanding could create new branch skills, which could become ultra powerful given the time however branch skills varied depending on their user and said focus.

This created a diverse set of skills at one's disposal as talent was the only limit to the amount of focuses you could learn at your initial stage of cultivation, but eventually you would get more restriction as time went by, especially since every focus fell into either three categories Mind, Soul and Body which already had there own specific restrictions, such as spirits could not learn Body type focuses unless certain measure were put in place before hand.

This restrictions was not exactly because of the type of focus but more because of the energy needed for the focus, for instance my focus can be considered a Mind focus because I needed psionic energy just to use it, which made it hard for me to also use Body focuses as it was not the best of ideas to mix two energies in one vessel unless you wanted to explode.

 

"Sigh"

 

I let of a sigh as the information I received was a lot but it really it was very vague regarding certain things like my energy and abilities which I still did not know the full extent of their powers, but thankfully for some reason i knew how to use my new abilities almost as if it was second nature,however this still put me at a loss and made me curious however before I could ask the System about this I felt a disturbance in the force, which caused me to put my guard up and inspect my surroundings. 

As I looked around surroundings I suddenly saw another overgrown rabbit which looked exactly like the first one but the feeling I got from the former was slightly stronger then the one I got from the latter. 

This rabbit must have heard of the commotion and wanted to check it out or have a slice of the pie, however when it saw that its comrade had fallen, and to an incest no less its eyes turned crimson red, but before it could do anything I trapped it in place with my telekinesis as I was not stupid enough to let my enemy strike first. 

However the rabbit began to struggle which started to put a mental strain on me as i was still exhausted from my last scuffle which in turn caused my telekinetic grip to loosen, noticing this the rabbit started twist and turn even more aggressively, allowing it to break free from my hold as the pressure was to much to handle. 

As soon as it was released the rabbit started to charge at top speed and rammed me on the side of my body causing me to flip a couple of times before landing on my back.

This was not the end of the assault as the rabbit rammed me again knocking into a near by wall, and did not stop there as it rammed me over and over again. 

At this point I wondered if these rabbits enjoy torturing their pray or they just didn't like zergs. 

Despite my mind being preoccupied by unnecessary thoughts, the rabbit was still ramming me causing more internal damages. 

 

"pant... pant... pant"

 

I was completely exhausted and was about to accept my faith, seeing my state mind the rabbit stood a meter back and position itself for a final ram however as I lied my eyes on my torturer's corpse I stared to feeling my exhaustion get replaced by a want or more accurately a need, a need to survive! 

I started using anything I could find on the ground to win the fight but no matter what I threw at it nothing seemed to work, until something caught my attention and with all the telekinetic power I had left I broke off a piece of a stalactite causing to fall but I quickly diverted its course directly into the rabbit's heart.

 

 Pierce!! 

 

[*Ding* Congratulations you have killed a Demonic rabbit.]

 

" Sigh"

 

I sighed as I tried to control my breathing and allowed myself to finally regenerate in peace...

 

...

After a couple of minutes Andrew started to feel his injures slowly faded away as he lied his eyes on the rabbit corpses that were showing early signs of decomposition but oddly enough he did not feel any sickness from staring at their slightly deformed bodies, going as far as to stare straight in their hollow eyes, however even if he did not feel ill there was a limit to everything, as eventually he had enough of staring at the corpses Andrew started to analyse his vicinity and beyond, he start to realize something big!

 

'Where are the rabbits?!' Andrew exclaimed as he started to panic.

 

[ They scattered away  after you killed their Alpha]

 

' Great...' Andrew was relieved that the demonic rabbits migrated however he was latter shocked at the System lack of caution as he asked, '... but why didn't you wake me up when they were leaving?'

 

[ There was no reason to tell you]

 

'There are many reasons to tell me, like my well-being for instance.' Andrew said as the thought of those beast grouping together just to kill him made him shiver slightly. 

 

[ What about your well-being?]

 

'Don't you care?'

 

[ Negative, do you forget who I work for?]

 

'...' Andrew had nothing to comeback with.

 

[ And besides why would i care about someone who addresses me by my race inside of my name.]

 

'Wait a minute, your race? I thought that was your name since that's what you called yourself.'

 

[Negative, me and that 'thing' are not the same being and I would kindly suggest you erase that notion in your head immediately.]

 

' Okay then what should i call you' Andrew quickly complied as he knew it was more of an order then a suggestion.

 

[I do not have a name, however you can give me one.]

 

Andrew did not know whether to laugh or cry when he heard what the 'system' said, however he still tried to come up with a name.

 

 'OK how about I call you Kali... KC...no...how about Kayla, yeah Kayla, how does that sound?'

 

[ It is acceptable.]

 

'Great.' Andrew said with his head high as he was proud of the name, however his head soon slowly tilted down as something was on his mind 'Hey Kayla, since you and the System sound the same, how do I tell who is talking to me? ' he asked

 

[ I can configure my voice to something more of your liking  if you wish, however I need to use your memories as I do not have any voices in my database .]

 

'Will it cause any damage.' Andrew asked as the thought of somebody searching his memories seem inappropriate no matter how many movies made it seem cool.

 

[ Negative especially since I already have access to your mind.]

 

'Okay then go ahead.' Andrew was a bit hesitant but eventually agreed 

 

A couple minutes later...

 

<How is this voice Andy>

 

Kayla said in seductively mature tone that if it could not tempt any man it would definitely intrigue them. 

 

' Ah Mesa, it nice to hear her voice again.' Andrew said calmly as he stared at the ground with nostalgic memories of his girlfriend before he got reincarnated passed through his mind, however while his face was calm his body was slightly trembling. 

 

...................

 

A/N: hi guys this one is a bit late by a week because I have hay fever and the flu, so ya it's a shit-fest, so i will be posting anytime i can as writing is not as easy as I thought but it is fun :)

 

side note: the power system is something i only took into consideration at a later point, so please don't be surprised when something changes in the power system , as i keep on redoing the power system over and over again 

 

 

9