55. ~Snowing~
524 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eva opened the door to the school rooftop.

She sat down on the floor with her eyes closed, waiting for Sasha to show up.
All day so far she’s had trouble focusing in class. Braxton’s cruelness still hurt but Sasha’s joke lifted her mood. Constantly switching between Braxton and Sasha in her head was exhausting.

“Boo!”

“Eep!” Eva flinched and several girls laughed at her..

“You’re jumpy,” said a skinny girl who sat down in front of her.

Another placed her hands on Eva’s shoulders.

Two more sat down on either side of her.

Eva shivered.

The girls on either side of Eva grabbed onto her arms, the one behind her pressed down on Eva’s shoulders to keep her in place. The one in front dropped her bag onto the ground and dug into it.

She took out a pair of crafting scissors, snipping it in the air a couple of times.
“It’s time for your haircut.”

“Eh? No!” Eva’s stomach twisted into a knot. She couldn’t muster the strength to resist. Her throat dried up, rendering her unable to scream.

The skinny one holding the scissors gently took some of Eva’s hair, and cut.

Snip.

Snow drifted to the pavement.

“That’s a good girl. If you continue to behave like this, maybe I’ll actually try and do a good job.”

Snip snip.

The girl holding one of Eva’s arms stared at her hair with interest. “We should cut her hair short, her bangs shorter, then give her pigtails! She’d be so-”

The skinny girl glared at the other girl with contempt. “You want to make her more attractive?”

Snip.

“No…” she moused.

Snip snip snip.

“I’m doing such a bad job,” Skinny girl laughed. “I need better-”

Bang!

Everyone jumped.

Eva glanced up, finding Sasha walking toward them. Her head hung down and her hands were balled into tight fists.

“Sasha!” Skinny called out. “We were just giving Eva a haircut, what do you think so… far?”

As Sasha approached, the skinny girl yanked at Eva’s hair, forcing the tears out. Threatened to make a very close cut.

Sasha’s eyes went cold. Eva trembled.

Sasha lifted her head, giggled and suddenly fired her arm out over Eva’s head and-

Pop! Snap!

The crafting scissors bounced onto the pavement, breaking in two.

The three girls holding Eva in place let go and backed away.

Frozen, Eva heard the Skinny girl’s whimpering behind her.

“Y-y-you bitch!”

Sasha breathed in deep, her normal kind eyes returned, but the wicked grin remained. “And that’s why scissors are dangerous,” she looked over her shoulder toward another girl. “You all might want to leave now,” she growled.

“C-Come on, let’s go,” yelped one of the girls as they all scampered back into the school.

Eva’s eyes widened when she saw the skinny girl’s thumb and finger bent sideways.

Sasha picked up the crafting scissors, observing how to put it back together. “I can’t do a perfect job, but how do you want your new hairdo?”

“My...hair?” Eva stared at her, then looked down.

There was a LOT of snow, long snow.

“Eva… calm down.”

The knot in Eva’s stomach pulled tighter, her head suddenly ached. A large lump formed inside her throat, until...

...she puked, and her world turned black.

 

15