6. ~Terrified~
1.8k 1 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Miya tapped her foot, hand on her chin. “How are we going to get that off of you?”

Her twin sister, Luna, trembled, arms hugged around herself. Covered in glitter, and sticky to the touch.

What if I grab hold of it here?

Miya grasped the outfit and tried lifting it off of her. It hardly budged.

What happened? All we used was-

She picked up an empty tube of glitter and read the label.

Glitter glue, for arts and crafts.

That explains it.

A door slammed shut upstairs.

“Sasha’s home!” Miya rushed up the basement steps to greet her older sister.

“M-Miya!” Luna cried.

“Don’t worry! Sasha will know how to get you out!” Assured Miya, leaving her twin sister captive inside a costume in the basement. She looked through the basement door’s window into the hallway, which is where the entrance was.

Sasha bent down and undid one of her shoelaces.

She looks like she’s mellow today, despite the drama. Eva must be a charming girl.

Miya grinned and kicked the basement door open.

“Sasha! Did you have fun playing dress-up at your friend's house?”

Sasha paused a moment before taking off her second shoe and stood up. “Where’s your sister?”

Miya rolled her eyes, you know exactly where she is! “Today we were playing dress-up like you were! It was fun, but then she got stuck and I can't get her out of her costume to try on another.”

Sasha shook her head in disappointment.

Miya straightened out her yellow outfit. The top bared a cute TV character she forgot the name of, and a matching yellow skirt draped over her thighs, not quite long enough to touch her knees, still fit after two years having it.

Miya’s arms got a chill, one more look at Sasha, her survival instincts told her to run.

Maybe Eva only suppressed it a tiny bit? This is bad!

Miya didn’t hesitate, and bolted down the stairs to retrieve her sister.

“Luna! You better get up there, and DON’T tell Sasha where I am!” Miya leaped off the last step, flew around, and hid underneath the stairs.

“Is she-?”

Miya nodded. “Just as bad as when we tried to roast her cute stuffed pig over the kitchen stove to make bacon a couple of years ago.”

Luna paled, and awkwardly climbed the stairs.

When Sasha sees the outfit I used to dress Luna up in…

The basement door opened and Luna caught Sasha’s attention with her small voice.

“Where did you get that outfit?” Sasha asked, barely loud enough for Miya to make out.

A deep chill crawled along Miya’s spine. Sasha’s beyond angry now. This was worse! Like the time we took her blanket and made confetti! Then, after she told us to clean it up she didn’t like the fact we used her pillowcase for a bag and tossed the pillow in the trash. You can’t have a pillow without the pillowcase! It was impossible to try and explain it to her.

"Miya said she found it in your room," Luna quietly replied.

"Mmhmm, so where's Miya now?" Sasha asked.

Miya whimpered.

"She told me not to tell you," Luna answered.

"Go clean yourself the best you can. Miya will follow you shortly," Sasha’s voice grew cold.

Miya heard Luna scamper across the floor into the bathroom, and shortly after, ice crystallized the walls and stairs as Sasha descended to the basement one step at the time.

"Miya, the faster I find you the quicker this will all be over," Sasha said, her icy rage descended further and brushed against Miya’s skin.

Miya tried to brush it off but the chill wouldn’t go away, a squeak escaped her lips when more brushed against her leg.

She slapped her hands over her mouth and turned to face the stairs.

Sasha’s cold gaze, void of any comfort, stared back. An evil grin spread across her face. "I heard that."

Ignoring the cold, Miya bolted for her bedroom door and tried to slam it shut, but Sasha’s foot got in the way. Sasha flung open the door, and reached forward, grabbing Miya’s collar.

Miya shut her eyes tight, pretended this was one of many nightmares, when she opened them again, Sasha’s dark orbs full of rage -no, it went deeper than rage- Miya didn’t know what it was, but she was terrified.

Miya screamed, and cried.

...

Cried until something soft touched her cheek, and scraped off dry tears.

Luna sat on her knees in front of her, naked and clean. A box of kleenex at her side. She reached up and wiped Miya’s other cheek.

“W-w-what h-happened?” Miya stuttered over her words.

Luna explained that Sasha had dragged her up into the bathtub and wiped them both down, not leaving a single inch untouched. Sasha left Luna to dry them both off with towels, but Miya wouldn’t stop crying so Luna grabbed a box of kleenex.

“We have to find a fresh set of clothes, our other ones are in the washing machine.”

Miya noted they were sitting on the bathroom floor.

“One more thing,” Miya smirked. “Our punishment for ruining Sasha’s outfit is to make her another that will stand out in snow,” Luna finished.

Miya’s eyes grew wide and her mouth gaped open. “What? That’s it!”

28