7. ~Acting~
1.6k 6 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sasha waited outside Eva's place, holding a plastic bag containing her lunch.

After all the encouragement she poured into Eva yesterday, Eva still had mixed feelings about attending school again. Sasha went as far as role playing the bully, and made Eva practice responding as the victim. Acting is not the real thing, Sasha realized this when Eva wouldn’t stop laughing.

The door finally opened, and out stepped a girl with long flowing snow-white hair. Her green short skirt and hair-band on top matched the colour of her eyes. Everything else was blue and white school wear.

No wonder they pick on her, she’s beautiful.

"You are quite pretty I must say," Sasha teased. "There will be many jealous people."

Eva blushed but still walked to join her.

"And many boys will look at you," Sasha added with a smirk.

Eva's blush darkened and she turned back toward the door.

"Ohhh-no," Sasha took hold of Eva’s arm and pulled. "I didn't do everything I did yesterday and dress like this for you to turn back now. Pretend your hair is as black as night and everyone around you is standing in their underwear."

"You two try to have fun, okay?" Eva's worried mom called out from the door of the house. She made Sasha promise to call her if something happened.

Sasha rolled her eyes, remembering how she encouraged her sisters in a similar way when they entered kindergarten. She made a mistake when she told them to have fun, well, mainly the mistake was with Miya. Her fun is different from everyone else's.

"Don't worry, I'll break some fingers if anyone tries to touch her!" Sasha called back cheerfully as she pulled the pink cheeked Eva behind her.

After they reached the intersection, Eva tried resisting again. Sasha let her go and faced Eva, who looked her up and down.

"Why did you-" she paused. “-what are you wearing?”

Sasha wore a black lolita dress with pink frills and stripes. Not typical school attire, nor was it anywhere near normal for someone to be wearing something like it anywhere. Sasha was bound to grab more attention than Eva.

"I told my youngest sister to dress me up in something that would stand out in snow, so she put this on me," Sasha said, admiring the frills on her sleeve. "Besides, it works well with my hair style, it’s quite comfortable and I can't let you hog all the attention, now can I?"

Eva’s eyes widened.

Sasha spun around once for her. "Do you like it?"

Eva nodded with enthusiasm.

"Well, then you better get your voice back soon because I never said I'd protect you against words," Sasha turned back toward the school, took a few steps forward and glanced back.

Eva was right behind her, still staring at the dress.

"Alright,” Sasha said after she was sure Eva wouldn’t run home. “The plan is to walk right past everyone, straight into the doors of the school. Keep your eyes forward and we'll make it."

"Have you ever done anything like this before?" Eva asked.

"Nope," Sasha replied. "I’ve never worn a dress to school before."

When they arrived at school, Eva stood at Sasha’s side, her head high, proud, like a jungle cat.

She's acting.

“How long can you keep your head up like that you think?” Sasha teased her.

“Until we reach the doors, if we hurry,” Eva whispered back.

Sasha laughed and they started walking.

After the first set of eyes fell upon them, heads turned one after the other.

Before they reached the double doors of the school, the entire student body watched them parade by. Sasha betrayed her own plan and glanced around, for defensive reasons.

Eva reached for the handle, but someone opened it from the other side.

Another pair of eyes fell on them. It was the stupid girl from the day before, that failed to give Sasha a fight.

Today the girl wore a jacket that couldn't really be called a jacket, there was also a little too much makeup on her face. This was a stupid girl trying to attract the attention of an even stupider boy.

The stupid girl laughed. “What are you supposed to be?” She asked, looking Sasha up and down and then Eva in turn.

“Isn't it obvious?” Sasha asked. “She's a princess,” she pointed to Eva. “I'm her doll,” she pointed to herself, “And I can only guess you're supposed to be a-” Sasha looked her up and down. “-a prostitute?”

The stupid girl’s smile immediately turned to a frown and she glared at Sasha with the intent to say something to counter.

“Whatever,” Sasha didn’t give her a chance. “Doesn't really matter now does it?” She said and walked through the door the stupid girl held open, Eva followed and they made it to their first classroom without anyone else stopping them. The room was thankfully empty because Eva burst out laughing the moment the door closed shut.

29