13. ~Heart Shaped Sticker~
1.5k 4 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Part Two
Foolish, foolish boy
Chapter One
(Four months later)

Yatsu sat in his room, staring blankly at the piece of white paper on top of his desk. The importance of this paper and its identity was determined by the envelope sitting directly above it -or more specifically- the red heart-shaped sticker that would seal the envelope, and the words Yatsu wanted a specific someone to read.

Coming up with those words proved difficult. He’d written this letter many times, but it was all crap.

He’d discarded the idea of a poem. They always ended up sounding really lame and the girl receiving the letter to was very opinionated, lame won't do him any good.

He'd almost stuck his name beside a silly question a few times, but that wouldn't get anyone's attention unless he personally handed it to the girl and waited for the reply. He guessed she could stick the reply in his locker, or desk, –or somewhere- after they were done with it, but there was no guarantee they knew where his locker or desk was and forcing them to find out was stupid.

He covered the entire paper in words before, but after reading over the first line he immediately tore it to pieces and tossed it in the trash.

Pissed off one day, he almost walked up to her. He was thankful he chickened out because that would’ve been a complete disaster.

Yatsu cursed, and banged his forehead against the desk hoping it would send a bright idea into his brain, unfortunately all it gave him was a headache.

"What are you brooding over-wait a minute, is that what I think it is?" The hand of Yatsu's older sister snatched the blank white paper from under his nose. "Awe, there's nothing written!"

"Of course not," Yatsu turned to look at his sister's disappointed face but instead she wore a stupid grin.

"My wittle brwother is awl gwoun up!"

"Oh sh-" he tried to get away but she was faster. She smooshed him into a tight hug.

"So, what's-her-name~?" She sang into his ear.

"I'm not telling," Yatsu managed to spit out as he struggled to get out of her death hug.

"You have to tell! Or I'm not letting go," she squeezed him tighter, his stomach ready to give up everything he had eaten for breakfast.

"I...can't...breathe..."

"Rika! Your friend is here!" Mom called from downstairs.

Released, Yatsu dropped to his desk chair coughing and choking. Saved by his sister's friend, he tried to catch his breath.

"Coming mom!" She said but stopped in the doorway.

Her twinkling violet eyes made Yatsu shudder.

"Don't think we're done with this talk. When I get back you will tell me her name, how long you've had this crush for, how you met her and especially how you came to… fawl in wuv with her~" She fish-face kissed the air before she vanished, but suddenly showed up again. Her long black and purple hair waved back and forth, her face serious. "It is a girl, right?"

Yatsu nodded, rubbing where she squeezed.

Her scary grin came back. "Good, I'll even help you with that letter later. I know exactly what a girl wants to read," she said.

"Really?" He choked out, but she vanished again.

The front door slamming shut shook the house.

Thank you Rika’s friend.

Yatsu picked up the blank piece of paper and put it back on the desk. He sat down in his chair and stared at the paper a little longer but-

Rika knows what to put, should I wait till later?

He didn't want to suffer the humiliation she would put him through, but if he weighed that against this girl saying yes, would it be worth it? Does he want to be choked to death and be forced to spill out everything to his older sister for a really good love letter?

Ah, no. Not a chance, I'll do it myself! Rika would probably just come up with something ridiculously mushy. Having someone else do something this important is a bad idea anyway. I have to know what’s inside the letter.

He took up his pen again.

No matter what, he had to figure out what to write today, otherwise his sister would do it for him... but how is he supposed to do this right now after thinking this over for months! Damnit!

He leaned back into his chair, he still remembered the day he got lost in her beautiful bright-sapphire orbs, that cute button nose, her flushed cheeks. For some reason she wore a really cute costume that day. He totally blew it when he randomly blurted out that he liked her eyes, he hoped she didn't remember that when he confess his feelings this time.

Maybe I can open with that though and hope she would remember?

He wrote that down onto the paper followed by a few other meaningful words before he picking it up and reading it over. He shuddered, crumpled the paper and tossed it in the general direction of his garbage can.

Bad idea.

After Sasha wore that costume, a couple guys got interested and one at a time, boys confessed to her. Sasha turned down all of them. Her popularity skyrocketed because some of the confessions got loud. She screamed at the poor guys that only wanted to talk. Some begged her friend Eva for advice, asking her what they could do to have Sasha look their way, but Eva simply turned away or shrugged, not giving them a straight answer like she knows something but won't give it up.

“Ahh, forget it! I don't need the perfect letter, she's probably seen them all already anyway.” He quickly wrote something down, stuck it into the envelope and sealed it before he could change his mind.

Now all he had to do plant it where Sasha would find it, and wait.

27