15. ~Moron~
1.3k 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Homework will be the three pages in your textbooks, eighty-nine, ninety and ninety-one. For those of you that think you can finish by the end of class today, the first one done will receive this chocolate bar," she placed an expensive looking chocolate bar on the front of her desk.

The entire classroom grew silent, aside from about thirty pencils scribbling away on paper.

Yatsu chuckled quietly. That boy probably didn't realize it yet, but he was the reason she presented that chocolate bar and he was scribbling away as hard as everyone else.

The teacher's bribe worked. Maybe the prize was good? She tried the same thing last year but it didn’t quite have this kind of effect.

"Yes?" The teacher asked a girl with her hand up, sitting near the door.

The girl lowered her arm. "Sorry for interrupting, may I go to the-?"

The teacher gestured the girl out before she finished the question. Yatsu had half the mind to raise his hand and leave the classroom too, just to kill some time. He didn't care for the chocolate bar, he already had an idea on who was going to get it.

The person sitting beside him was a math genius, flying through the answers. Yatsu didn’t find math hard, most of it was easy as long as you knew the equations; this guy, however, found it fun, and probably took this race for chocolate as a challenge to test himself.

"Done!"

Not surprising, the guy beside Yatsu stood up with his paper and walked toward the teacher. Some of the other students groaned.

“Well done," said the teacher, examining his work. "Here you go."

He took his prize and sat back down.

Before the classroom got rowdy, the teacher withdrew a second chocolate bar.

“Whoever finishes next will get one too.”

The door opened and the girl that left the classroom quietly rushed back to her seat, completely ignored.

With class nearly over Yatsu packed his books to leave.

"Done!" Someone called out right before the bell rang.

Yatsu chuckled this time as he witnessed the boy, that doesn't like homework, walk to the front of the classroom.

The chocolate bar wasn't worth getting proved wrong, but he dug his own grave.

Moron.

Yatsu walked out of the classroom and cursed at himself... now why hadn't he thought of that? He could pretend to go to the bathroom in the middle of class and bring the letter with him. The hallways were usually empty at that time!

I’m the moron.

24