17. ~Rejection~
1.3k 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yatsu couldn't help but glance at her, Sasha tied her hair in twin-tails, as usual, and she wore the school uniform today. If she wore anything else he’d have a harder time confronting her.

She won’t be easy. Even the tough guys are afraid of her.

The toughest guys in school have run home crying after confessing to Sasha. She's made even the shameless of people lose their confidence, while others who’ve witnessed her wrath know better than to try to ask her out.

But if she turned Yatsu down, how would she do it? She only said a simple no to one guy, but that guy confronted her in front of a teacher.

Yatsu didn't believe he’d live through this, maybe it’s better to just go and-

No, damnit! I’m doing this! No thinking about it!

He forced himself to concentrate on the paper in front of him as he tried to write down ideas for a project they’d present next week.

Unfortunately he drew blanks and his mind wandered back to a certain girl- and what she would say when he confronted her.

I should say something to her first.

That’s a better idea...I think.

He slammed his head on the desk just as the bell rang which scared him upright again.

Yatsu’s heart raced as he packed up and left the classroom, contemplating what he’d say to her. From the hallway he rounded the first corner into a staircase and quickly exited the building, only to turn and head straight back to the classroom, outside. There was fire exit door within the classroom that he assumed Sasha would use, and he didn't want to make it obvious it was him by taking a door he didn't normally take.

She wasn't outside yet, he couldn't see her.

Yatsu looked down at himself and brushed his shirt straight.

The door to the classroom opened and a girl wearing a bright coloured shirt with jeans stepped out.

It wasn't her. He released a breath he didn't know he held.

Maybe they saw me rush here and decided I was a freak?

Stupid thoughts, shut-up!

Fidgeting, he waited and stared at the traffic driving by.

The door opened again.

A girl wearing a light jacket, with a matching skirt and long white hair stepped out looking around. She held a small paper in her left hand and didn't carry a bag.

She checked the paper and looked around again.

Eva? She's waiting for someone.

Yatsu’s heart dropped, questions clouded his head.

Why did Eva have the letter? Did Sasha give it to her?

Did she give it to Eva so she could hand it back as some sort of rejection?

Sasha wasn't one to have someone else do it for her. She would’ve torn the letter to pieces in front of him!

This was a rejection, but not a rejection from her.

Yatsu thought back, thought hard.

Could I have-?

Did I drop the letter in the wrong locker?

26