18. ~Don’t tell anyone~
1.3k 4 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter Two

Why do I have to wait while my friend gets to meet a blabbering idiot?

An idiot without a name.

Who gives someone a letter -a heart letter- without writing his name on it? Were we supposed to recognize the handwriting? It could be anyone! Coward.

If I meet him, I'm going to let him have it!

Sasha sat close to the wall, an attempt to listen in on their conversation.

"I-I'm sorry, but I have to return this," Eva said quietly, she must have been confronted already. Sasha missed his oh so dramatic entrance.

"Sorry," the idiot sighed. "You already have a boyfriend, right?"

Durr... moron! Everyone knows that! Psh, and that's it. The kid played it pretty cool despite being an idiot.

Sasha sat up to leave, but.

"Actually," the idiot spoke up.

What the hell?

"I must have gotten the wrong locker by accident," he said.

Sasha's eyes grew wide. It was me he wanted to ask out? Not Eva? Our lockers are side-by-side.

"Could you ask her to meet me here tomorr-?"

Eva opened the classroom door before he finished talking.

Sasha looked up at Eva, something in Eva's eyes told her this boy was different. Should she care? No. Sasha barrelled passed her.

The moron had his back turned already. Sasha grabbed his shoulder and spun him around.

“You are-” A surge of energy shot up her arm, up to her shoulder.

His dark orbs stared into her. His messy brown hair and normal school clothes intimidated her.

Yatsu?

Sasha couldn't move, so numb she could barely feel her hand. She couldn’t think, the tingling up her arm took all of her attention.

Resist it.

She remembered the dumb letter, and suddenly didn't care if it was Yatsu!

"What the hell do you want with me?" Sasha nearly screamed at him.

He just stared at her like an idiot, either he didn't know what to do or he was thinking about his answer.

Usually Sasha could tell what the boy was thinking but Yatsu was calm, unpredictable.

Doesn't matter.

Yatsu drew a breath, like he was about to say something.

"Spit it out!" Sasha screamed.

"I like you!" Yatsu yelled at the same time.

He stood his ground.

"What did you say?" Sasha asked him, trying to intimidate him.

The tingling in her shoulder spread, into her chest.

If this spreads any further-

If Yatsu was surprised, afraid, scared or having second thoughts, he hid it all and held her gaze.

"I like you," he said again.

Sasha tilted her head down and tried to regain her composure, but she couldn't. It wasn't just the letter anymore, it was him, his eyes and how he could stand there so calm.

"You are a stupid moron," Sasha blurted. "Not putting a single name on the card, not telling us who you were, telling us only that you were going to be at a very specific location right after school. For all I know you might not have written letter in the first place!" The edge in her voice dissipated, but he stood as still as a stone and took it all. Then he stared at her, and only her. "Did you want to make me yell and scream at you?" Sasha said, her rage barely there anymore.

Sasha waited for an answer, but Yatsu turned away and all the rage and tingling vanished. Gone in an instant. Her arm no longer numb.

He left her confused and frustrated. His touch, now strong and satisfying. She didn't understand how or why.

This freaking guy!

As Yatsu stepped away, Eva dashed to Sasha's side. "You’re not going after him?"

"How could he make me feel so... just how?" Sasha begged her for an answer.

"You like him, don't you?"

"Do I?"

Sasha honestly didn't know if she liked Yatsu or not. Or if it was the tingling and the numbness that made her want to like him.

His eyes told her that he wanted her. Not once had he glanced at Sasha like most boys did. All of them look at her chest or lower. She usually wanted to knock all of their teeth out for doing so.

But not Yatsu, he held her gaze, treated her like-

"Go," Eva encouraged. "Sasha, there’s no one else like him in this school, you told me that. Would you rather spend the rest of the school year watching me and Braxton m-make out in front of you," she said and giggled over her own stuttering.

Just the thought of that almost made Sasha puke. She hated Braxton. She still couldn't believe Eva liked him as much as she claimed.

Perverted bastard.

If Eva broke up with him Sasha hoped Braxton has a good doctor, because he will be in so much pain when she was done with him. She’d snap the bones in his arms just for staring at her and her butt when Eva wasn't looking. He might have touched her too but Sasha stayed away from him. Not for his sake but for Eva's.

"Go!" Eva urged her again.

She eyed where Yatsu stood moments before.

"I don’t know," Sasha replied unsure.

"Go!" Eva nudged Sasha in Yatsu’s direction. "He won’t ask again."

Sasha believed it, he wouldn't ask again. She raised her eyes toward the direction Yatsu left, her feet would gladly take that leap forward, her heart-rate sped up.

He better not make it home before I find him.

She took one small step forward and paused.

"Eva," Sasha nearly whispered, and glanced back at her. "Don't... don't tell anyone."

Eva half-nodded.

Sasha faced forward, her left foot happily moved to run. Right foot followed.

28