20. ~Brain Freeze~
1.2k 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sasha walked up to the front door and fumbled with the doorknob.

"What do you mean she's fallen in love? This is my sister we're talking about! She's had someone under her thumb before but she's never tried kissing him. You were obviously following the wrong person," Miya's voice trailed from the side of the house. "Go! I'll find someone else if I find out you're wrong."

So she has a spy? That’s how she knows everything?

Sasha continued fumbling with the doorknob but paused again.

How does she pay her spy? She wouldn't give away the money mom left us.

Luna came to mind.

Couldn't be, Sasha shook her head, eliminating the silly thought and opened the door.

The side door slammed shut and a surprised Miya stood staring at Sasha like she’d been caught red-handed.

Holding onto Yatsu so long, the fuzziness lingered, leaving Sasha physically and mentally exhausted. She didn't want to fight Miya, she knew everything already anyway. I guess it wouldn't hurt to confirm it. "Go get Luna, and grab the pail of ice cream from the freezer.”

Miya brightened up and flew down the stairs to the basement.

Taking advantage of the minute she had, Sasha took off her shoes and climbed up the stairs to the second floor. In her bedroom she changed her clothes but caught her reflection in the tall mirror standing in the corner of her room.

In the reflection she didn't see a girl with a boyfriend, she saw a petite girl with pink pigtails and a flat chest. A girl too young to have a woman's figure. If the girl wasn't her, she'd guess the girl in the reflection was twelve, maybe thirteen years old.

If she held hands with Yatsu in public, people might think they were older brother younger sister, and if her twin sisters were there, it would look like Yatsu had triplets for sisters.

Sasha needed to find a way to make herself look her age.

Do I still have that stuff?

She spun around, and tossed open her closet door. Sasha dug deep and found an unmarked box. A dusty box. Dusty means Miya never found it.

The contents of the box held gifts from Sasha's ex-boyfriend. She didn't understand then, but now she had an idea why he gave them to her. She opened the lid, revealing girly products she'd never thought she would use, not for herself.

"Sash-a!" Miya called out, begging Sasha to join them, they probably wanted her to scoop the rock-solid ice cream out of the container.

"I'm coming!" She closed the lid, and shoved the box back where Miya would never find it. Tossed on some normal clothes and joined her twin sisters.

Luna handed Sasha the scoop then patiently waited holding out two ice cream cones.

Miya placed a bowl on the counter. "There are only two cones left," she explained.

Armed with the scoop Sasha nodded and went to battle with the ice cream. To her surprise it gave way rather easily. Did I make them wait?

After making their cones, and her bowl, the three of them sat around the kitchen table.

Sasha ate a spoonful, savoring the vanilla flavor. Miya neatly licked away at her cone. Luna had ice cream on her cheeks.

Alright. "I'm going to bring a boy home one day that I want you two to meet."

Luna stopped in mid-lick and Miya froze in the middle of devouring a big portion of her cone.

Miya suddenly slapped her forehead and winced. "Ow ow brain freeze.” She breathed. “Ow, okay, what was that? I don't think I heard you right," Miya said.

Sasha humoured her. "I would like you to meet my boyfriend one day."

"What makes you think you will have this boyfriend longer than the last one?" Miya countered, disbelieving.

Sasha met Miya's cold gaze. Miya wouldn't believe anything Sasha said unless she made it very clear to her.

"I love him.”

26