23. ~That looks Yummy~
1.2k 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yatsu's stomach growled. He hadn’t eaten since school yesterday and climbing the school’s stairs took the last of his energy.

He pushed the door open and met a light breeze, along with two pairs of eyes. Sasha lit up at his arrival and waved him over as the other girl shied away.

With a nervous breath, he walked over and gaped at what lay in front of them. A blanket covered a large area, and on top of that sat enough food to feed an army.

Drooling, he sat down beside Sasha. He managed to pry his eyes away from the food to steal a glance at her face.

His stomach growled.

Sasha giggled as Yatsu blushed and turned away.

“We don’t have all day, go ahead and eat!” said Sasha.

He nodded and obeyed, not knowing what to take first, he reached for the closest item.

He devoured it, barely tasting anything.

He took another one and bit into it but stopped. He was the only one eating.

He chewed and ate slower, getting a taste for the food.

It tasted amazing.

They still stared at him.

“Yes?” He asked Sasha as soon as his mouth was empty.

“D-do you like it?” She asked him, twiddling her thumbs.

That’s right, she said she made this, didn’t she?

He eyed the last bit of food in his hand with new interest.

“It’s amazing! -I want to try everything but why don’t you two go ahead and dig in? It would be awkward if I was the only one...” he encouraged, trailing off.

The two girls quietly took their first bite and the whole situation turned awkward anyway.

Too quiet. Eva’s boyfriend might have been a good person to have around, speaking of which-

“Where is your boyfriend?” Yatsu asked Eva.

“He’s with his friends,” she answered quietly.

Yatsu nodded, he did have a large group of friends. He couldn't really see Sasha hanging around in that kind of group either so it wasn’t likely these two would join them.

“Yatsu.”

Sasha held out her chopsticks toward him, filled with some sort of sushi.

That looks yummy.

He leaned in and took the whole thing into his mouth.

An explosion of flavor played with his taste buds, he drooled a bit, swallowed. “Now that was good,” He searched for another piece. “You know I have a weakness for sushi? Where did you get that?” Unable to find it he turned back to Sasha, who held her chopsticks in her mouth, frozen in place as if caught doing something.

“Sasha?”

She didn't respond. He glanced at Eva for an answer, but she stared at Sasha, jaw dropped.

The bell rang, time to clean up.

Sasha moved, and Eva along with her.

“Is there anything I can help with?” Yatsu asked, confused.

Both of them shook their heads as they piled things together and neatly set things aside.

Feeling unwanted, he stood up. “I'm going to head to class, then?” He phrased it as if asking permission.

Sasha nodded.

Not wanting to just watch them clean while he did nothing, he hesitantly left.

What was that about?

20