24. ~Soft~
1.2k 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She must want to keep it a secret.

Yatsu couldn't figure out any other reason for Sasha not sparing him a single glance. So she wouldn't talk to him unless in secret? Or did he do something wrong at lunch time that made her hate him, what was it? There were plenty of stupid little things: eating like a pig, not insisting she go first, he could have asked what she recommended to start with...

This is as frustrating as trying to convince myself to confess my crush! No, worse! Worse because there isn't anything I can do about it... I guess I can apologize and hope for the best.

But what was I apologizing for?

The bell rang, ending the school day.

He looked down at his desk, a blank page sat in front of him.

I have a lot of homework to do.

The students filed out. The teacher must have stepped out for a minute too because when he tossed his bag over his shoulder he found himself alone with two bright sapphires glaring back at him.

Yatsu trembled, Sasha froze him in place. She stepped toward him. Yatsu suddenly didn't want to know what he'd done wrong, he wanted to run. Sasha walked up to him, reached out, and grabbed his hand. Her soft hand mingling with his she breathed calmly and leaned into him.

Questions rolled around in Yatsu's head, nothing made sense anymore, but he remembered something he was going to ask her during lunch.

“Shall I walk you home?” His question came out a bit stiff, she only leaned into him like this once before. He wasn't used to it yet.

She nodded.

“Are we going to stay like this?” He asked, and hesitated with the next part. “E-everyone is going to find out.”

She stayed a second longer and pushed off of him, but their hands stayed interlocked.

She changed to her usual angry and annoyed expression.

“L-let's go,” she grabbed his wrist and pulled him through the emergency exit.

Passing other students, Yatsu struggled to keep up. It wasn’t unusual for Sasha to drag her victims to a more private location. Smart. Yatsu grinned. But why does want to keep it a secret?

Sasha dragged him off school property and into the next block. They rounded a corner and she crashed into him with a hug.

Okay, isn’t she being a bit too clingy?

“Is something wrong?” Yatsu asked her.

She shook her head, “Just hold me?”

The request threw him off balance, she was so cute with her face cuddled into him…

He wrapped his arms around her. She tensed but relax after a few moments.

Was she always so adorable? All feelings of doubt left him. Right now, he bet he could even return those three words. What if I did? Could I say it so casually like she did?

“Bring me home,” she said quietly, nearly a whisper.

Pried away from the three words, he glanced around, figuring out where they were. If they took the alley ways they would reach her house twice as fast and they wouldn't have to worry about people seeing them like this.

He slowly turned, facing the direction toward her place, she adjusted herself. One of his arms still wrapped around her, she held onto his hand as if her life depended on it.

“How did you know I live that way?” Sasha asked.

“This way?” He asked, knowing which direction she usually walks after school.

“Mhm,” she buried her head in his chest.

He stepped forward, she stepped with him, lagging behind.

She tripped over him, he tripped over her.

Yatsu caught her and laughed. They were terrible at this!

 

Soon her house appeared in front of them and it was time to say goodbye, but when they reached Sasha’s front door she leaned into him more and stayed like that for a while.

Yatsu didn't know what to do. Words she said yesterday stopped him from leaving. Slowly she pulled back, let go of him and reached for the doorknob.

I could say the three words right now, I could... I should.

“I-”

Sasha spun around and pressed her soft lips into his cheek before she dashed in her house, gave Yatsu a last twirl, a rose-y cheek smile, and closed the door.

25